1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My DMOZ listing tips

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by 360webfirm, Dec 24, 2012.

1. 360webfirm

360webfirm Peon

Best Answers:
    My apologies Jim,

I meant, good luck in a way to be polite to whomever reads this forum and wants to become an editor. I did not mean it is luck to get the opportunity to become an editor, it is exactly what you have said Jim and - Integrity - demonstrated by absence of lies - in my opinion is what did me in and is one of the most important factors taken into consideration. Like I said, lesson learned and I just wanted to point out to other potential editors to be truthful and honest and show integrity.

I did not lie, but rather was confused on the part of not disclosing all my content, rather than just some of my content. I really feel in my heart I have integrity.

Thanks again for your feedback Jim. ODP is very lucky to have someone like you volunteering your time.

Best Regards,

Steve

360webfirm, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry about the outcome 360webfirm, I hope your comments also go some way to show that DMOZ will err on the side of risking not having a potentially good editor when there is any suspicion that the candidate has not told them everything. (Can I add here that looking at applications is above my level of editing so all I know is what is on this thread). We are constantly accused of being corrupt, yet what happened here seems to show that DMOZ works hard to keep DMOZ clean (which is my experience of being an editor for 10 years) and in so doing turn down many good candidates from many aspects. I have seen, from internal forums, the hard work that some senior editors do put in to ensure that we catch any rotten apples that happen to get through.

Anonymously, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. 360webfirm

360webfirm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input, it is nice to have my morning coffee and read through comments like yours. :) It starts the day out in a good note.

I believe that it is not the fault of DMOZ in any way shape or form. I was given 4 Chances I just blew it. I think that if I would have disclosed all of my landing pages and any other website I am affiliated with, and tell them all the truth instead of just most of it, I would be excepted as an editor and sitting back having a coffee with Jim in the DMOZ lounge :)

Being an editor would be a privilege and I am even willing to give up all my landing pages and just have 1 website for my business and only be affiliated with this business - http://www.360webfirm.com

On a side note, this forum is great for getting advice and I really appreciate all the positive feedback and responses. I should have joined this forum a long time ago.

Have a great day all of you!

Steve

360webfirm, Jan 18, 2013 IP