1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top ten articles submission sites?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tptnyc, Nov 14, 2006.

1. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    this is really useful thread.

Thanks

stock_post, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  2. totoros

totoros Peon

Best Answers:
    im gonna try it out for one of my articles and i'll let you know

totoros, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  3. FlyingBear

FlyingBear Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using Article Post Robot for my article submission, and got very good results. The best thing I like is: once setup, just fill in article, click once, then done and I control the time for submission.

bear

FlyingBear, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  4. roflux

roflux Peon

Best Answers:
    is it a good idea submitting all your articles to different article sites? I thought perhaps just one per site would be better cause of dupe content

roflux, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  5. Stevegg

Stevegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Rofluc wrote:
    >is it a good idea submitting all your articles to different article sites?
    >I thought perhaps just one per site would be better cause of dupe content

You're going to get dupe content anyways, since - if you're lucky - the article you submit will get picked up by a ton of websites, blogs, and newsletters indexed by Google et al. :)

There's two ways to look at it...

If your article is so incredible that every blogger and their grandmother paste it onto their website and, for some reason, Google decides to dole out a penalty for that (wiping every instance of the article from it's cache, penalizing your webpage or website, etc) then who cares..? :)

It doesn't matter if your site has a PR rank of zero..or a grey bar.. or is out of google entirely. If your article is on a million other websites, then THAT is what will give you a ton of traffic, not organic SE searches...

But on the otherhand, typing "miserable failure" into Google gets you George Bush *because* a ton of people linked his url to that link text. So if you have a keyword (and better yet a 'long tail' keyword) in your author resource box linked to your site, then - based on this example - all those websites featuring your article should *help* you rank better in the SEs for that term. That would result in BOTH traffic from all those other sites AND from the search engines!

Either way - if you write a great article, and it gets found and picked up by people, then it'll send you lots of traffic no matter if it gets hit with duplicate content or not. It's all about high quality and getting it seen.

Along the lines of the latter requirement ('getting it seen'), you may want to ensure your article gets submitted to as many decent article directories as possible. Definitely the highest ranked ones and certainly any decent niche directories related to your article's theme. You could also approach anyone with a blog or newsletter that has a huge following in that niche, and see if they wanted an exclusive (or at least exclusive first print) for your article.

I *just* updated my Directory of Article Directories webpage; adding 8 new sites and updating all their Google PRs & rerranging them by that rank in each of the 3 categories (ecommerce, specific niches, and multiple themed article directories). So pop over there and submit your article to at least whatever looks most relevant and ranks well.

I guess I should pop the url into my sig (I'll eventually get around to that. lol) but in the meantime check it out here:
    http://www.arcanaweb.com/resources/article-directories.html

My 2 cents and hope it helps!

-Steve

Stevegg, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  6. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for these lists!
    I started to submit 1 article to a few of these sites mentioned.
    Let's see what happens.

acuman, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  7. mann3r

mann3r Peon

Best Answers:
    the good thing in this is one one notice your article and found good, they will reference your site on their site.

mann3r, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  8. Eric007

Eric007 Peon

Best Answers:
    How long does it take for isnare to review your article and send it out? I subscribed to their service for one article and am waiting for a review and for them to distribute the article. It's been a few days now.

Thanks.

Eric007, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  9. curious1

curious1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. Isnare can be slow. I think my last one took 4 days but you can email them because sometimes they really are slow.

In terms of articlepostrobot has anyone used it just with the directories that don't require logging in /password?

Another thing is that some directories will allow affiliate links in the resource box and some won't so you probably are best having a redirect from your site in case.

Debbie

curious1, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  10. seo_kate

seo_kate Peon

Best Answers:
    yes isnare and ezine are good for article submission

seo_kate, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  11. tasari

tasari Peon

Best Answers:
    tasari, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  12. Stevegg

Stevegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Acumen said:
    > I started to submit 1 article to a few of these sites mentioned.
    > Let's see what happens.

That's great to hear - be sure to come back and post any results you see from submiting that article (hopefully you have a way to track what traffic you get as a direct result of the article).

If you *do* notice some results - consider submitting to a few other sites as well...

Re: Tasari mentioing those top 4 directories....

Yes, they are certainly popular and good spots to consider submitting articles to.

And as I said before, try to also submit to any article directories that are targeted at a specific niche related to your article's topic, even if their Google PR is lower. Google and the other SEs like seeing websites with individual and specific themes, so that's where those directories may have it over the larger (huge) hodge podge article directories.

Not sure my sig file is working (and I think I have enough posts now to allow it to be shown?), so here's my Article Directories resource page again. Check out the Niche directories section in particular...

http://www.arcanaweb.com/resources/article-directories.html

Hope that helps!

-Steve

Stevegg, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  13. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted an article to 3 sites. This was my first time doing this as I learned about it from reading threads here. Thanks!

1. Digg
    2. Ezine
    3. GoArticles

Digg listed the article immediately and within 1 minute I received hits to my site. First 3 hours I got 17 hits. Then nothing for a long time. Maybe a total of about 5 more hits during the next 24 hours.

Ezine I am still waiting for. They say it could take a week to get the article reviewed and posted.

GoArticles, unlike Digg, posts the article in its own website so I did not get any click throughs to my website through them since the only way is at the bottom of the article in the "about the author" section.
    But lt does say next to my article that there has been 8 downloads so far which I think is on the small side. (first time so I don't know much of what that means anyway!)

Those are my results. Will I do it again? Not sure. But If I do write another article I probably will and see if there is any difference.

Also, a lot of you may get better results than me because your topics are read by much more of the population than mine. My website and article is on alternative medicine. Even though I wrote about weight loss, a more popular topic, it still is alternative so will draw less hits. Or my article sucked! :)

acuman, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  14. tasari

tasari Peon

Best Answers:
    tasari, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  15. Stevegg

Stevegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Acuman wrote:

>I submitted an article to 3 sites....
    >
    >Digg listed the article immediately ... First 3 hours I got 17 hits...Maybe
    >a total of about 5 more hits during the next 24 hours.

Submitting a regular ol' article to Digg is a *little* sketchy (imo) *unless* it's got a really good and unique angle to it.

Of course there are many benefits to publishing and submitting articles, and Digg will certainly get you a link (unless people there can get it removed by 'voting it down' - dunno for sure if that'd happen).

But to get full use out of submitting to Digg, you should have both a great article attractive to the masses (or as large of a demographic as you can snag) and a killer headline for the Digg entry.

i.e. you said you write an article about 'alternative medicine' to promote your website. Let's say there was some herb used by cancer patients to gain/maintain weight during chemotherapy...

You could give it a title something like:
    "This Herb Could Make Even Paris Hilton Get Fat!"
    (or something better. LOL)

The point is to grab their attention - make it funny or incredible in some way - and make it controversial too, if possible. That may increase the comments in your Digg entry which draws even more attention.

And of course the article has to be related to the headline and be well written (engaging).

The more views and Diggs you get on Digg, the more attention will snowball around it.

>Ezine I am still waiting for. They say it could take a week to get the
    >article reviewed and posted.

It's a big site with lots of traffic, so getting featured there could produce some good results.

>GoArticles, unlike Digg, posts the article in its own website so I did not
    >get any click throughs to my website through them since the only way
    >is at the bottom of the article in the "about the author" section.

You got 8 'downloads' from there? The more the merrier of course (it's a numbers game to a degree), but if one or two of those 8 people who downloaded your article are going to publish it on a PR 8 website or on a newsletter with 10,000 subscribers, then that beats having 30 downloads by people with PR 0 scraper sites. :)

>Those are my results. Will I do it again? Not sure. But If I do write
    >another article I probably will and see if there is any difference.

Keep in mind there are some benefits that are difficult to trace back to submitting this article... ie. it may get featured on a website with good PR which could spread some of that weight towards your website linked to in the article's author's box. Which in turn may help your site rank higher for some search terms in the SEs...

Or someone could read your article on a website or newsletter somewhere and visit your site as a result. Then they might click through to your contacts page and email you with a JV offer or ask about paying for an ad on your site, or whatever...

Figure out how long it took to write your article, and then figure out how much ($$) those links you get are worth. In a few days/week/or so, check google and yahoo and see how many backlinks that article has and/or check your website's stats to see who's sending you traffic due to your article being featured somewhere.

If you can pop off an article and submit it a few places within an hour or two, it may be more worth it than you think. :) ..but it *si* difficult sometimes to have that much "faith" when many benefits are hard to quantify.

>Also, a lot of you may get better results than me because your topics
    >are read by much more of the population than mine.

If you think you have a really unque, kick a$$ article - try to find someone with a fantastically popular website, blog, or newsletter in the same niche as your article's topic... or *closely related* to your niche, but not competitive to it...

Then contact the owner and - after suitably buttering up their egos with specific and honest praise about their website and writing skills - ask them to take a look at your article and offer them free 'first print rights' if they wanted to feature it in their next post/update.

That may earn some great link love as well as getting in front of a bunch of eyeballs targeted to the same theme as your website.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Keep the faith and best of luck! :)

-Steve

Stevegg, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  16. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't write much, but when I do, never miss www.goarticles.com

And here's a revenue sharing article site. (shameless self promotion...) :)

For Authors:
    No registration needed,
    No email needed,

Provides javascript, PHP and xml feeds for different types of pages and user programming skills, (already parssed for novice to xml parssing.)

Output Can be controlled.
    Sample of basic PHP feed, link + small description, set to maximum allowed.
    I don't remember whether it's latest, or popular.
    You can also track individual categories using these. :)

If you register, you can add your adsense pub to articles.

For readers and publishers:
    Text source code available, for copy paste on blogs etc.
    Feeds as above. No registration needed. Come by and pick yours... :)

Shows related articles after the currently opened article.
    You can rate and update the "popular one's" page in realtime.
    Track with RSS, or Yahoo.
    Other small stuff that could be useful while browsing.

I'm in the middle of coding 2 more useful functions, both for authors and publishers, but will be delayed...
    Let me know if you want something added.
    Bye :)

JEET, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  17. kristine

kristine Active Member

Best Answers:
    kristine, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  18. costa blanca

costa blanca Peon

Best Answers:
    Articlesender is my favourite, you can get a good link just by giving them a testimonial on there home page.

costa blanca, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  19. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also try Articles To Nurture (Shameless self-promo) :p

Link is in my Sig.

Bombaywala, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  20. wordscientist

wordscientist Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this wonderful thread. I was toying with the idea of submitting an article to some of these sites, but wasn't sure it'd pay off. Some people are against the idea of using a submission site, saying that isn't a good promotional tool. After reading the rave reviews in this thread, I'll try it out.

wordscientist, Nov 30, 2006 IP