1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google Adsense a bogus operation?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Djard, Jan 9, 2013.

Google recently sent me a PIN by snailmail with instructions to enter the six digit number before six months expires. I meticulously attempted to follow the instructions: 1. Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense. 2. Under the Home tab, visit the Payments page. 3. Click on the link labelled 'Please enter your PIN.' 4. Type your PIN into the text box that appears. I get as far as step 2. No 'Please enter your PIN' link exists on the page, the link to "Feedback" is not operational, and clicking on any one of Google's forums brings up a blank page. I get the sense that Google does not wish for me to collect the money it reports my blog earned. Am I overlooking something?

Djard, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  2. Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are probably following the wizard wrong.

Pat Bateman, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  3. freelancer402

freelancer402 Member

Best Answers:
    This can be a reason. Also, it can be an issue with your browser. Clear the history of your browser and try again. If possible try another browser.

freelancer402, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  4. Djard

Djard Peon

Best Answers:
    I build webpages, can write code and have written a 200 page guide to tweaking Windows; I am not unfamiliar with following directions. Still, I took the advice to clear the History folder and try another browser (Firefox) on another PC to access the page alleged to offer an opportunity to enter a PIN, though I doubt IE is incompatible with Google. Since AdSense's "Home" tab page does not display a "left navigation bar" where the "Account Settings" are said to be, it's simply impossible to follow the Wizard or enter the PIN as directed. I apologize for my attitude, but I've been frustrated at every turn trying to perform this four-step task. I'd be most grateful to anyone who has successfully entered a PIN if they would share (all) the steps they used...hopefully include the URLs.

Djard, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  5. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked the "Payment Settings" under "Account Settings"? I did do this a few months ago but can't remember the exact steps, it's defiantly not bogus anyway as I have been paid since I done it.

GregWR, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  6. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem is with you, you are not understanding where to put the pin.

linksolution, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  7. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Probably this may be a problem of your web browser. Clear the browser cache and try again. If the problem still exists use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox and try again. You also need to turn off any ad blocker plugin that installed to your browser before you log in to Adsense account.

dumindushalika, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  8. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Nevertheless, it works for millions of other people, many of whom have only written shorter guides to tweaking Windows or in some cases have not written any guides to tweaking Windows at all.

Starting in with "is Google Adsense a bogus operation?" makes you seem kind of like a crazy person.

If I couldn't get my new Samsumg TV to work, I would probably not get a lot of productive responses to a query that led off with "is Samsung a cheating fraud company that sells junk?"

SmallPotatoes, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  9. Djard

Djard Peon

Best Answers:
    Lowering my security settings didn't help, and there's nothing in the firewall to limit access. But I managed to enter the code and get payment by accessing the URL from another PC with the same OS version and same security and browser settings.If I learned anything, it's to let anger dissipate before posting a request for help. Thanks for your kind patience.

Djard, Jan 19, 2013 IP