1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Day for me, I resigned from my Job for my IM

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DatingExpert, May 28, 2012.

1. nawza22

nawza22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wah.. i'm newbie here.. it feel excited if can become full time IM.. maybe i need to try hard.. but sometime i feel information overload.. hmmm.. time to take action.. nice post.. really inspiring.. :D

nawza22, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  2. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course it will work out for you . . . you've already taken that decision! It's taking action which brings reward.

A good friend of mine once advised:

". . . . education without implementation is just entertainment"

. . . and you've just implemented the education you've gained over the last couple of years. Exceptional!

People tend to forget that the one thing which we can't replace is time itself!
    Working for someone else is rarely going to get you where you want to be.
    Once you've learned how to be self sufficient, you'll never look back, of that I'm sure.

Well done again for making probably the most important decision of your life - your family will benefit from your wise decision I ave absolutely no doubt.

Bayliss, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  3. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    S.sunny, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I prefer to work for myself than put money into the pocket of someone who often has not appreciated my loyalty or commitment to them. If the OP is in the same situation, I believe they have made a wise decision. It's really a matter decided by personal circumstances, of which we know very little. Not going off to a full time job working for someone else, means more time refining the way the OP is able to create even more income from his IM work.

Also there is a pride in being responsible for your own decisions and destiny - IMHO something that is rarely taught in school these days.

In the words of a very wise man "it's your attitude and not your aptitude which determines your altitude"

Bayliss, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  4. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:

thanks, I am glad that my post inspired you. cheers

DatingExpert, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  5. MarleneL.Haines

MarleneL.Haines Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's really inspirative.

MarleneL.Haines, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  6. Cassife

Cassife Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe true stability comes only from working for yourself. Having your livelihood in another person hands is slavery, no matter how much money you make.

Thing is, most people are happy with this situation and can't change even if their life depended on it. Congratulations.

Cassife, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  7. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    Thanks, there is a big joy in working for yourself rather than someone else. cheers

DatingExpert, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  8. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day . . . . show a man how to fish, and he'll feed himself forever.

Once you know how to create money for yourself without depending on others, you'll always be able to do it!
    It's a life-changer.

Bayliss, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  9. mixiy

mixiy Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. I wish you luck in your endeavor. I remembered when I quit my job to pursue Internet marketing. However, you must be doing really well to quit your job at a bank. I'm assuming you got paid well at the bank. I'm making about $4000 per month working from home. It is great since my commute is only several seconds but nothing near where I want to be. I joined this forum because I want to learn from people like you. Thanks for sharing

mixiy, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  10. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are completely wrong. If you never quit your day job you may never reach your IM revenue potential. I quit my day job 3 years ago. I had few websites up and only 1 generated some revenue which was less than half what my day job brought. I still quit. I knew that if I need some money I can work as a freelancer then get back to my online business, but what I think was the better thing I did after I quit my job is that I stayed away from quick money for short time only things, ( like working on small projects as a freelance, or doing stuff that bring money only when you actually do something ) and invested all my time in the online business which brought me money on the long term. Now, I make at least 4x what I din at the full day job, working from 9 to 6 and spending 2 more hours preparing and driving to the workplace.

thedark, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  11. thedark

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Very well said. I am happy that you brought the job safety and the world instability into discussion. Many are afraid that tommorow a certain website won't work or there will be the competition so high that the income will be very low. The fact that you once started an online business ( a website, or a network of website ) means that you learned how to start from 0 and you can start again in other conditions. You can save some money from now to have for bad days ( untile you switch ), and if you succeced once, you will do it again. Else, if you stay on your daily job, you actually are doing what you are told to, and the only thing you can do is to search for another job. What odds do you have when unemployment is as high as 20% in Span and Greece ?

thedark, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  12. thedark

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

The fear can stop you to achieve greater things. As it was said before, a day job is not so safe these days...

When the day comes, your job ends without any warnings. You may say that you didn't see it coming, but let's face the truth, you didn't care about your company's long term goals or financial problems. You were not paid to deal with that. You think that it was like a lightning that stikes you, but actually, but if you were more focused you could have seen it coming. The company is going down, or your job is closed and all you get is a very last pay check that you will get the next days. And you are left with nothing.

When you run an Internet Business, where you have either one or more websites, you may get also hit by a google algorithm update, or anything else. But on your website, you pull the strings, and you can expect such things, and better, the websites are where they are now because you brought them there, and if something bad happens you can find other ways to regain the traffic, conversions, or comissions. Most IMs have several sites, if one of them goes down, even if it is the biggest one, there are others who can produce the income. Even it is lower, you can survive few months until you find a strategy to ressurect the site that went down, or strategies to improve the other websites, or strategies to start new ones. More, being the only responsible for your success, you can ocasionally find new venues to invest your time into, that can be more profitable and more secure, so you can be ready when one of your websites go wrong.

thedark, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  13. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your kind words.

DatingExpert, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  14. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:

cuteboy, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  15. DatingExpert

Best Answers:

DatingExpert, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  16. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I am happy I have done it and am looking forward to get more success. Thanks a lot.

DatingExpert, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  17. ronssel

ronssel Guest

Best Answers:
    good luck for you in the future. :)

ronssel, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  18. nepnixx

nepnixx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is very tru ! and inspiring if you put your self hard on Im in the first few months then you can sail it easy in the future

nepnixx, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  19. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your kind words, I am working hard on it and I am thankful to God I am doing fine...

DatingExpert, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  20. SRabbani

SRabbani Peon

Best Answers:
    As a newbie, it's good to read such forums

SRabbani, Jan 19, 2013 IP