1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google page rank and my website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dissingtonwalker, Jan 9, 2013.

Hi all, I have recently built my company a brand new sparkling website; it's very simple and just holds all the information that my current clients and potential clients need to know about the services we offer. To begin with I conducted a little SEO which placed us on page 4 of google's search engine with keyphrases 'Painting and Decorating Manchester' and 'Painting and Decorating' with very little backlinks and obviously 0 page rank. I then decided to SEO the complete website properly and started with adding more content to my pages because they where originally a little thin, added meta descriptions proper tittle tags and used bold H tags and alt tags properly.I downloaded a tool to analyze how well the site is optimised, it gave a score of 87.6% however now with all the pages uploaded i've droped to page 6 in google's search engine for the same keyphrases, i've also obtained roughly 100 backlinks from good quality sites with page rank 4,5,67!Any feedback would be much appreciateted.Thanks,DW

dissingtonwalker, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  2. SS-Q

SS-Q Banned

Best Answers:
    Be patient with SEO. I think Google is just wary of all of those changes. Give them time to analyze your website again. I'd also be concerned that you built over optimized backlinks with insufficient anchor text variation.

SS-Q, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  3. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's part of the competition you can't retain certain position in long period of time. Doing more SEO is a good thing but changes happen time to time, you seem to do a good SEO on the site and I think Google hasn't updating yet on your site I mean they didn't index the changes you did wait for a couple of days to totally index what you did.

Excel 8, Jan 9, 2013 IP
    dissingtonwalker likes this.
  4. Johanesianipar

Johanesianipar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe my advice... you can use link wheel technical

Johanesianipar, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  5. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't try to change your content often. First fix the niche content and then start to do SEO. If you want to be indexed on Google for corresponding keywords means then follow competitor analysis practice which'd be more helpful for you. And another thing as said by our mates please be patience for some time as SEO is not a instance process.

Happy Day!!!

karthick9, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  6. dissingtonwalker

dissingtonwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your replies, patience is something I do have - I'm just eager to see the results of my work as this is the first time i have every built a website and implemented SEO, I love success and I endeavour to see how well or how poor I have done! ;)Thanks again guys.

dissingtonwalker, Jan 10, 2013 IP