1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Gravity on Clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by acuman, Jan 9, 2013.

First time vendor on clickbank. Newbie.

Does the gravity go up on all sales or only affiliate sales through hop links?

How does gravity work? All I know is that a higher gravity is better. Thanks!

acuman, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  2. USP45

USP45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only affiliate sales.
    Everytime an affiliate makes a sale, gravity point added. And each day, gravity point drops little by little. Meaning if there was product with gravity 100, but no sales after that, someday the gravity would be 0.

This very much explains; http://www.cb-analytics.com/articles/clickbank-gravity.php

USP45, Jan 9, 2013 IP
    acuman likes this.
  3. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you USP45 that was very helpful!

acuman, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  4. drkwrld

drkwrld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure the gravity range is from 20 to 100 and remember to always do keyword research, when searching for a niche.

drkwrld, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  5. Teepee

Teepee Member

Best Answers:
    Gravity on Clickbank is the monthly number of sales. The most important data available to the public.

Teepee, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes gravity can be faked that's what happens, if you look at the overall best gravity products they are mostly in the internet marketing niche because many affiliates buy it from their own link so they can use the product and get a discount, also the launch are made simultaneously on many mailing lists, so the gravity goes up very quickly and high but that doesn't mean that the product is selling at all, maybe it is selling only to affiliates themselves.

JamesColin, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  7. moneymatt

moneymatt Peon

Best Answers:
    That really clears it up, thanks everyone!

moneymatt, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  8. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I've bought a few IM products from Clickbank. Not what i expected at all. Guess that's what I get for taking the "easy" way out...

DennisKnows, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  9. gogrey

gogrey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for the explanation everyone ..

gogrey, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gravity should be over 20 or so, but not too high because then it's too competitive.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Gravity is the number of unique affiliates that have made a sale over the past 30 days.

This is not true. Some of my best sellers have been low gravity products. Having a high gravity on CB simply means a lot of affiliates are promoting a product. Nothing more, nothing less.

dcristo, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  12. RandyMundt

RandyMundt Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, don't just look at the gravity and think that the product isn't good, it may be new or they have just not done a good job marketing it. Could still be a great product, do all your research before making a final decision.

RandyMundt, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  13. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, UNIQUE affiliates? I did not know that it was unique. Is that based on a number of days such as unique within 30 days or something like that?

Edit: actually I should find out tomorrow about unique or not cause one of my affiliates just made another sale within 2 days again so the gravity will update tomorrow so I will see.

acuman, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Yes, unique # of affiliates based on a fixed time period. I believe it's 30 days.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    acuman likes this.
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is not 30 days it is the past 8 weeks (so 2 months) and yes there are unique affiliates.
    But gravity 20 doesn't mean that there has been at least one sale for 20 unique affiliates, because 1 unique affiliates is not = 1. It is = 1 + some number based on how recent was the last sale of that unique affiliate.
    So for instance (I don't know the exact formula) one product has been sold by one unique affiliate and the last sale was between 7 and 8 weeks ago, the gravity will be 1 + 0. So gravity = 1
    But another product has been sold by one unqiue affiliate and the last sale was last week, the gravity will be 1 + 0.8. So gravity = 1.8
    In each cases the product has been sold by one unique affiliate, but the gravity is different.
    Also we have no idea how many times the product has been sold by this unique affiliate, maybe the one with gravity = 1 has been sold 1000 times and the one with gravity 1.8 has been sold only 1 time in the lifetime of the product.

JamesColin, Jan 29, 2013 IP