1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO is a natural process?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by prasanth5, Jan 5, 2013.

Is SEO a natural or an artificial process? I feel it can be both. When you resort to all sorts of SEO methods like forum posting, article submission, backlinking and blog commenting without relying on the services of any SEO firm your SEO becomes natural. On the contrary when you begin to build the online visibility of your website with the help of an SEO company your SEO becomes artificial. Which do you think is better? Any reflections on these ideas?

prasanth5, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  2. politico

politico Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it can also be natural or artificial depending on your approach. Which is better? Really depends on the niche. There are some niches where you just can't succeed naturally. Either due to competition or to the strength of the "community"

politico, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  3. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is both, at first it is artificial as a lot of action is needed, it become more automated when top listings already appear and website is feed on regular basis with quality content, but again SEO should never stop and continue, similar to any other kind of marketing.

kalseo, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  4. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    It is very useful to build traffic to your websites.

andersonsjohn, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  5. mstechnosoft

mstechnosoft Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. But tell me one thing if seo company also doing all same activities like building backlinks, doing forum posting, blog commenting and other things without using any software then how it will be called artificial process ? As per my knowledge if you are doing seo without using any paid services then it is natural seo.

mstechnosoft, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  6. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    However your view is correct, there arise one question . How can we able to say that all SEO company will do seo in artificial manner? If so means then how will the people will hire that type of SEO firm first of all?

karthick9, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  7. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Definitely, yes. SEO is a natural process. Even it is done by you or seo company. I guess, seo companies will do the same what you do naturally. Doing something artificially ll spoil your reputation and ranking in seo.

joelchrist, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  8. jbouvier

jbouvier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it is natural as long as you don't start using the 'get links-quick' schemes you find on the internet. Then, it would be artificial; you would be getting backlinks just for the sake of SEO. Natural seems best to me; google would like them more, and it would be safer.

Check out my multi-author website, promoteyoursites.net for more info on SEO, advertising campaigns, link building, and generating more traffic.

jbouvier, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think natural might be difficult now while most of profitable keywords is very competitive
    Is hard for a site to rank well with the keyword without doing SEO and only do normal posting .
    Quality yet is a king but google algorithm define quality of content depend of lot of ways like interaction , traffic , bounce rate and so on.

JerrickYeoh, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  10. Maximlis

Maximlis Member

Best Answers:
    If you using manual submission and are not using any software, then it will be treated as natural submission.

Maximlis, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  11. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I feel that SEO is natural apart from the guide lines of the search engines only percentage varies may be it could be like this 70% natural and 30% artificial it matters.

Prasseo, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  12. santosh.vouch45

santosh.vouch45 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is not completely natural but you make this more natural it gives best result.google prefer always natural links.

santosh.vouch45, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  13. Mike2010

Mike2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We call SEO is a Natural process as compares to PPC. If we want to see top in google instantly then we can do it through PPC, while in SEO it takes time. PPC is better in some aspects but nowadays if you do PPC without doing SEO then it doesn't get good score. So its must to do SEO in all aspects.

Mike2010, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  14. mugwande

mugwande Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is both natural and artifitial here is the way you do it that matters in differentiating between the two

mugwande, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  15. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Usually SEO is divided to the black hat and white hat SEO, while natural - artificial distinction applies more to link-building. Natural backlinks to a website occur when people naturally refer to its content and share it because there is something unique, interesting or useful to share. On the contrary, artificial backlinks are those get in the result of article submission, directory submission, press releases: they can be called artificial because they occur as a result of submission, advertising etc. Generally search engines give more credibility and recognition to natural links, because these links are more difficult to obtain and they prove the reputation of the site.
    In terms of SEO I think it can never be artificial as a whole, because even by using for instance rank checking software or back link software you can’t automate the entire SEO process up to 100%. Even if the SEO data is gathered automatically, it depends entirely on the human mind in what ways one improves the existing optimization strategy having the obtained data on disposal.

Kianu42, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  16. Morfin.

Morfin. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without top 10 seo google would be very scary - seo good :D

Morfin., Jan 8, 2013 IP
  17. promo@s4seo.com

promo@s4seo.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is natural process if done by manually.

promo@s4seo.com, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  18. hireaudiovisual

hireaudiovisual Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is natural process by user...

hireaudiovisual, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  19. ramkarthick2

ramkarthick2 Member

Best Answers:
    Depend on the users

ramkarthick2, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  20. hireaudiovisual