1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which TLD is best for Google out of .info .ws .mobi .biz .me .co .us

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by emailboy, Jan 5, 2013.

Yes, I am aware that all of us are in love with .com or otherwise .net and that's it. I'd like to ask this question, when you have no choice but to have one of

.info
    .ws
    .mobi
    .biz
    .me
    .co
    .us

Which one would you chose and why?

The situation is, I'd like to target a 3 words keyword. All of the TLD for exact keyword are booked. However, I've registered all of the above TLD for the singular version of those keyword. I've also updated DNS and ready to host them and make sites out of them.

Before I talk about strategy, which is going to be very interesting. Let's share our views about which TLD do you think works best out of these?

emailboy, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would choose .biz from your list. Also .info I think would be my second choice.

I don't think google puts so much accent on tld extensions nowadays like in the past, but you never know.

I have seen almost each one in top results for different keywords .

If you have a high quality website, I don't think google will care too much about the tld. extension.

Hefaistos, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  3. emailboy

emailboy Banned

Best Answers:
    This gives birth to a very interesting SEO discussion. How do you think I should link together 7 different TLD's? For example, I can make .biz my main site and let rest of these a 301 permanent redirect. On the other hand, I can make sites for each of the domain and make them link with each other. Is that going to benefit in anyway? Let's say we have unique and quality content on all of these 7 sites. Yes, there won't be regular content but good quality content. Will that make a difference? Which approach is better in your opinion according to SEO too? If we have 7 sites hosted on same C-class IP, will the link exchange help?

A lot of creative and very useful questions/answers here I believe. Ideas?

emailboy, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  4. gov

gov Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll go with .info, since I have a good experience with .info TLD. .Info is easy to manage on SEO process [ just my opinion based on my experience ]. You should try yourself until you find which tld that suits with your SEO capacity.

gov, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  5. Lidiya

Lidiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing to keep in mind is playing with words like adf.ly. Use the name with the TLDs to create something unique, if everything else seems boring and doesn't get much traffic. Something memorable will.

Lidiya, Jan 6, 2013 IP