1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help (Urgent)

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by alka007, Jan 3, 2013.

Hi friends,
    My best friend has a site related to weight loss reviews. This site is hosted in my server. Today I got a email ...

"These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon your server site at the following page: *http://www.XXXX.com*/xxxx-reviews
    posing as fake review site, misleading users by redirecting them to the home page http://www.xxxxxxx.com/. I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder xxxx.com, the copyright holder's agent, or the law; Under penalty of perjury in a United States court of law, I state that the information contained in this notification is accurate, and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the exclusive rights holder for the material in question; Be aware that if you ignore this notice, you (as a Provider covered by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) forfeit the Act's immunity from monetary damages, which range from $750 to $30,000 per work infringed and up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. Attorney's fees and costs can also be recovered."

Within a forty-eight (48) hour period, we will need you to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or we will have to disable this material to be in compliance with federal DMCA laws. A copy of the original DMCA notice is listed below our contact information.

For temporary I disable this site. Please advice me what should I do now. How I online this site again...

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    alka007, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  2. clickwinks

clickwinks Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry and move the site to another server! There are many cheap shared hosting available.

clickwinks, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  3. Zebios

Zebios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pffffff always same crap and same notices i got a billion of this notices yesterday a company told me that the police will be in my home this week and the interpol hahahahahahah i felt like i'm benladen lol..they can't do nothing bro just move your site to an offshore hosting like hostinway.com and you will be ok ;)

Zebios, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. vijaysinh1

vijaysinh1 Member

Best Answers:
    I have developed a blog but no more visitors please guide me.. or mail me at .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    vijaysinh1, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  5. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If just one page of the website is violating DMCA, then why did you disable the whole website instead remove the specific page from the website and inform it to your friend and avoid adding such content in the future. Moving it to another host will not fix the problem, because the person who opened a case against the web page will monitor your sites activity in the future too. So best thing you can do is remove it and take actions to avoid such problems in the future.

niroshana35, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  6. Zebios

Zebios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually the best thing you can do is to move to an offshore hosting..i get a hunderds complaints from authors due to copyright infrigement but i ignore them..do you know how i replied one of the most known developer : "when you stop microsoft to make viruses i will stop to distribute warez"..i'm not afraid cauz i'm not hosting my website in US so i don't even care about dmca notices or something.

Zebios, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  7. marco_salinas

marco_salinas Peon

Best Answers:
    Just removed the specific page ( http://www.XXXX.com*/xxxx-reviews) who violating DMCA. Don't disable your site. Next time be aware in posting your content. Be sure your content is unique.

marco_salinas, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  8. Mark_Anthony

Mark_Anthony Active Member

Best Answers:
    those are emails to scare you :D no worries, but dont try to copy paste content from other sites.

usually its one email and they wont do much :D

Mark_Anthony, Feb 1, 2013 IP