1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I cant see all of my source code

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bazooka joe, Dec 28, 2012.

So I'm just getting started building my website so HTML is all new. I using a free web hosting service, Web Starts, I did not want to pay for web hosting until I learn how to build my page properly I may be wrong but it seems as though I can only use their web design interface to build my website. I can edit the html from the interface but if I preview the page and look at the source code, there is a lot more there code there. I would like to build the site directly using HTML and not have the use their design tools.

Should I look a different web hosting provider?

I this a typically issue with all web hosting providers that use a web design interface?

bazooka joe, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  2. csurv

csurv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've used a free web hosting service called 000webhost. They will let you build your site directly using HTML.

csurv, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  3. frednjkin

frednjkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of the host provider, if you are using a web builder provided by the host you will always find more coding info than you might have entered :)

frednjkin, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed that is generally the nature of the beast. Most 'web builders' also crapping out some of the most horrific code there is -- much akin to WYSIWYGS like Frontpage or the preview pane in Dreamweaver, the only thing you can learn from them is how not to build websites.

If it wasn't for the ignorance of the average beginner, such tools would have gone the way of the Dodo decades ago... but with there always being new nubes there's always someone for the sleazeballs who make these tools to prey upon.

... and that's literally all 'web builders', WYSIWYGS and even many CMS are: nube predation.

deathshadow, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  5. bazooka joe

bazooka joe Peon

Best Answers:
    So is there a way not to use the web builder?

bazooka joe, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your site documentation (or the control panel on your site) to see if you have an FTP login. You write the code on your computer, using a program like Notepad++, then upload it to your site using an FTP client like FileZilla. To test it before you upload it, install a web server on your computer, like xampp.

If your current host doesn't allow FTP it's time to get a new host, but I've never heard of one that doesn't (except, maybe, for some free hosts).

Rukbat, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  7. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Use web developer tools ,
    it's better if you contact with your developer.

lolpasslol, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  8. sananhung_bds

sananhung_bds Member

Best Answers:
    if you used cpanel. it have tool edit

sananhung_bds, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  9. sananhung_bds

sananhung_bds Member

Best Answers:
    i used notepad plus http://kientrucitalia.vn/

sananhung_bds, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  10. willwilkinson

willwilkinson Peon

Best Answers:

I think you should use web designing tools with html and view your code using ctrl+u.

willwilkinson, Jan 4, 2013 IP