1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality of writers on Digital Point

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wacontentcreator, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is simply: Lot of Asians, especially Indians and Pakistanis who are not native.

Bestservices4u, Dec 31, 2012 IP
    coronaer likes this.
  2. omthoke

omthoke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it's not true that all the writers here have necessarily got poor knowledge of English. It's quite true that English may not be their first language, but that doesn't mean all the DP writers are pathetic!!!

omthoke, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  3. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what about guys like this -> http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2618779 ?? Is anyone answerable for the sad payments being handed out on DP. When I joined DP (back in 2009), it was a breeze to find clients who were willing to pay $5 per article or more. With a little extra effort, you could easily land better gigs, many of them long term ones. I have learned this the hard way - it's time to move on from DP (Shawn is also planning removal of iTrader system http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1942652&goto=newpost , so that should also help in purging out old members like me).

WebBuddy, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  4. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Webbuddy, you need to take a chillpill. What has been happening recently is a 'race to the bottom' as spam sites became dominant on Google, and it became unprofitable to use anything but the cheapest spun crap to get traffic. That has now changed - last year Google's tweaks dumped the vast majority of spam sites down into the lower reaches of the index, so it won't be long now before clients start to realise that paying $1 is basically throwing $1 away.

And at that point, rates go back up.

It's all about public awareness.

While everyone was convinced duplicate content worked, no one wanted to commission ANY content. That problem went away... Thenit was spun content - that problem is starting to die off... next, $1 articles...

PassGoSEO, Jan 4, 2013 IP
    leachy likes this.
  5. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digitalpoint is like a dirty sock with a wrapped twinkie inside lol. There are some excellent writers on here that can write for just $0.01/word but when you look at the site from the outside you just see the 'I have sent you the PM' type posts.

MarTh-, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  6. gbotun

gbotun Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Please get use to it.

gbotun, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  7. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Natural English speakers will never 'get use to it'. We might, on the other hand, 'get used to it'.

PassGoSEO, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  8. flanok

flanok Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fact is good writers don't use DP. There are many content companies and sites that rate writers not at the time of transaction like here, but only after the article has been written and read.
    Good writers earn good money this way, where the rubbish is weeded out and you dont pay unttil you have seen the finished product.

if you need good content, this is not the place.

flanok, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  9. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol you can't be serious. You really think you can show finished articles before payment without the risk of theft? Even Constant-Content.com has 'previews', if they gave out the full articles they would be copied for free in seconds.

And about the quality on here, yes there are some poor writers since it is a free global forum. But there are a lot of big players here such as Shoe Money, Nikolaax, Justin Dupre in blogging/article writing and more that are still active.

Quality writing sites like constant-content and textbroker take a commission for each transaction, so there is still a lot of incentive to use free forums like DP.

MarTh-, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  10. BGHoag

BGHoag Member

Best Answers:
    Good writing is a well-developed skill. And it takes practice.

I concur entirely with what you're saying. But the problem is more widespread than you can imagine. Employers regularly complain that employees with MBAs can't write very well. And I believe it!

I've even read published material written by people who claim to write well, but who don't.

It seems to me that this is one area where you definitely get what you pay for.

BGHoag, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  11. maxauthority

maxauthority Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes you have to pick through a lot of debris and junk to find a... GEM. Keep looking for quality writers. They are worth your time and effort. You CAN find QUALITY people at bargain basement prices here.

maxauthority, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  12. maxauthority

maxauthority Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You raise an excellent point. Google's PANDA update is one giant leap towards rewarding sites with quality content aimed at engaging flesh and blood human readers. Spun garbage is on the way out. Bad writing will probably be penalized once Google factors in BOUNCE RATE.

maxauthority, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  13. alasdairsim

alasdairsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are not far wrong. I have been writing content for nearly 4 years and I have always used DP to get clients.

The problem is that the writers who produce low quality work tend to charge well under $1 per 100 words. I have seen people looking for $0.40 per 100 words at times. What kind of quality do you expect for that? The reason they keep coming back is that people pay them this amount for their work. In all honestly, $1 per 100 words is ridiculously low as well for good quality and well researched work however as long as people keep paying the REALLY low rates then the writers will keep producing shoddy work.

I get the argument that they live in countries where the dollar goes a long way; I am working in Vietnam at the minute (I'm from the UK) and making $100 a week from writing can be a lot to someone who is used to the local wages here. No doubt you might come across someone now and again who charges a low rate and produces brilliant work however 99% of the time you essentially get what you pay for. It can be difficult to get through the rubbish to find a good writer but they do exist on DP.

alasdairsim, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  14. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    The new DP rules will increase the quality of threads! So, stop worrying about the quality!

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  15. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    and which one is you, me wonder?

thesickearth, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  16. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good writing is worthless when writers lurk around a marketplace where potential employers pay peanuts to get sort of Pulitzer-awarded content.

Lesson to learn, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys whether native English speakers or not.

Mystique, Feb 10, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  17. bigwriter

bigwriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said @Mystique.

bigwriter, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  18. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you need a good quality content you may ask for samples and links, very simple.

actnews, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  19. bigwriter

bigwriter Active Member

Best Answers:

There is a simple reason behind you getting crappy content from Indian writers and contrary to your belief the reason is not that Indian writers can't write good quality content. It is that you are pinching pennies and still trying to get hold of good quality content. Stop squeezing the writers and you would surely get nicely written articles.

bigwriter, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  20. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

No I am not, for some articles (<500 words) I have paid over $90, it all depends on what I use them for. I never said that I believed that no Indian writer could write good content, that's your words. I think the reason is because there are so many Indian people trying to make money online that the ones with less experience/education overwhelm the good quality writers. I have recieved bad articles from people all over the world when paying a decent amount of money for them, but according to my experience, most bad articles come from India. It might not be the case for everyone, but at least it is for me.

Wulkanen, Feb 18, 2013 IP