1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bible Teachings or Traditions of Men?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Alter2Ego, Aug 3, 2012.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I didn´t ask him to do it personally, I asked if he knows of any good looking Jehovah witness girls in Spain. When I was in Sweden they used to come around early mornings on Sunday and ring the door and wake me up. One day I asked these 2 girls to come in and as good Christians help me by giving me a BJ. That was the last time any Jehovah witness people came to my door. :)

gworld, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  2. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    The only JWs I've come across here in Spain have been British....not exactly good looking either!!

This might be a good deterrent...

[​IMG]

pladecalvo, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  3. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- WULKANEN:
    It's my preference. I post my personal expressions in navy blue and put quotations in maroon--especially when quoting scriptures.

ALTER2EGO -to- CORWIN:
    The Apostle Paul condemned idolatry--which is the mainstay of Catholicism. So clearly he was not Roman Catholic.

The Roman Catholic Church is responsible for bringing pagan teachings such as a 3-prong Trinity god into their version of Christianity. In case you don't know what "idolatry" means, it includes the worship of false gods and praying to saints and statues--for which the Roman Catholics are famous.

DEFINITION OF "IDOLATRY":
    "Idolatry is extreme admiration or worship, or the worship of craven images or things other than God."
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/idolatry

DEFINITION OF "IDOL":
    "An idol is a false god or an object that is adored or worshipped."
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/idol

The Trinity is a false god. There are no scriptures in the Judeo-Christian Bible that says God is split up into three persons. In fact, Christendom's pagan-inspired Trinity is in direct violation of the Shema.

"Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is ONE Jehovah." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Corwin, I challenge you to show me where the scripture at Deuteronomy says anything about 3 gods in 1. It said ONE, not 3-in-1.

Alter2Ego, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone catch this scene? I think it was the first Jehovah's witness, being set upon by the good people living in Palestine.

[video=youtube;xD_4XtOXEcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_4XtOXEcE&feature=fvst[/video]

Obamanation, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And for those of you who have never seen this one, it is a classic. Those well behaved witnesses, caught on film.
    [video=youtube;vHt5USBMxkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHt5USBMxkc[/video]

Obamanation, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  6. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- MIKAËL:
    The almost 2,000 accurately fulfilled prophecies are proof of that. I will present three outstanding prophecies in my thread dealing specifically with that topic, which is entitled: "Proof the Judeo-Christian Bible Inspired of God"

ALTER2EGO -to- CORWIN:
    You are in error on two points. The Bible references the Father as God at John 3:16. It does not reference the son (Jesus Christ) as Almighty God at Philippians 2:5-8 and at John 1:1. Neither does the Bible reference the holy spirit/holy ghost as God at Acts 5:3-4.

You need to quote the verses at Philippians 2:5-8 and John 1:1 and highlight the words that specifically indicate Jesus is also God the Father. Likewise, you need to quote Acts 5:3-4 and show me where it says the holy spirit is also God. I read your suggested scriptures and didn't see any of what you're claiming.

7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Thank you for proving that God is such shitty and confused writer that even the people who want to believe this shit, can not agree what it actually is trying to say or means. :D

gworld, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  8. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- BUSHRANGER:
    Is that so? Well, it seems the skeptics on this forum have perfect eyesight. They consistently show up in my threads playing troll. I've used black and white text at several other websites, and the results were remarkably similar. The same trolls showed up regardless.

ALTER2EGO -to- CORWIN:
    You quoted from a version of the Bible that is presenting Matthew 5:22 with a translation error/blunder. The words "fires of hell" does not appear in original Greek text. Instead, the word that appeared in the original Greek is "Gehenna." In the Bible, "Gehenna" is figurative language for permanent destruction or permanent death from which there is no resurrection. Below are five Bibles with the correct rendition.

"However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, "You despicable fool!' will be liable to the fiery Gehenna." (Matthew 5:22 -- New World Translation)

"But I say to you that every one who becomes angry with his brother shall be answerable to the magistrate; that whoever says to his brother 'Raca,' shall be answerable to the Sanhedrin; and that whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the Gehenna of Fire." (Matthew 5:22 -- Weymouth New Testament)

"But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of the fire of Gehenna." (Matthew 5:22 -- World English Bible)

"but I -- I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire." (Matthew 5:22 -- Young's Literal Translation)

"But I am saying to you, that everyone who will be angry against his brother without cause is condemned before the judge, and everyone who will say to his brother, 'I spit on you', is condemned before the assembly, and whoever will say 'You fool.' is condemned to the Gehenna of fire. " (Matthew 5:22 -- Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  9. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep..true to form. Anything that shows him to be wrong is a 'translation error'. LMFAO!

pladecalvo, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  10. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- OBAMANATION:
    I will start up a thread on that topic at another time and will cite three important historians who wrote about Jesus Christ and confirmed his historicity outside of the Bible. One of them in particular quoted from the writings of others who personally knew Jesus Christ.

ALTER2EGO -to- GMF:
    What you and most people don't understand is that Bible translators who believe in Trinity and hellfire deliberately inserted words into their versions to promote these falsehoods. For instance, the fabricated word "Godhead" does not belong in the Bible. It showed up for the first time in a 14th century AD English translation by John Wycliffe who started off as a Roman Catholic. Wycliffe used the word "godhede" in his translation. 300 years later, the King James Version—a blatant Trinitarian translation—presented the word as "Godhead" and used it as part of the definition for the pagan Trinity.

The last book of the Bible was completed in 98 AD and written under Divine inspiration of Yahweh/Jehovah/YHWH. That is, in the 1st century AD. The word "godhede" appeared for the first time in a 14th century AD English translation of the Bible—1,300 years after the fact.

Bible translators are not inspired by God. That is the reason why ALL Bible translations contain translation errors, some more than others, depending on the qualifications and the honesty of the translators. Some translation errors are honest mistakes. Others are deliberate translation blunders by translators whose main agenda is the promotion of the pagan Trinity and hellfire dogmas. Concerning the fabricated word "Godhead," notice what two independent sources had to say about it.

http://www.timeandbeing.com/Application/Doctrine/Godhead/GodheadTerm.htm

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/439307_the-godhead

Alter2Ego, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  11. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Which means that we are going to be treated to the well debunked Christian crap of ....

1. A forgery in the work of Josephus.
    2. Obscure mentions of 'Christians' by Suetonius, Thallus or Tacitus.

None of them had any first hand knowledge of any 'Jesus' and all their writings come from the late first or second century.

In reality, the Jesus character is absent from all non religious literature, including the works of Josephus, Philo-Judaeus, Seneca the Younger, Pliny the Elder, Marcus Fabius Quintilian, and Plutarch. Justus of Tiberias, a Jew and a contemporary of Jesus, lived near Capernaum (where Jesus was said to live) and wrote a history of the Jews beginning with Moses and extending into his own times, but never mentioned Jesus. For most people, that would sound alarm bells.

I think he must be on a 'JW Timeline' here. :rolleyes:

pladecalvo, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  12. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- OBAMANATION:
    This thread has nothing whatever to do with your personal dislike of Jehovah's Witnesses. I suggest you start up your own thread dealing with that particular topic. Meanwhile, I will keep this thread on topic by stating the following:

The teaching of hellfire is commonplace in Christendom and non-Christian religions. This teaching defames the Creator and portrays him as a sadist who tortures people in flames of fire for all eternity—as punishment for wrongdoing committed during the relatively brief human lifespan. The hellfire dogma was brought into Christianity by the Roman Catholics who copied it from pagan religions. (Pagans are those who do not worship the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible.)

The Bible makes it clear as to how God views the ritual burning of people. Jehovah ended up rejecting the ancient Israelites after they got involved with pagan worship, which included burning their children to death.

"And they [the Israelites/sons of Judah] have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that HAD NOT COME UP INTO MY HEART." (Jeremiah 7:31)

"{58} And they kept offending him with their high places, and with their graven images they kept inciting him to jealousy. {59} God heard and got to be furious, and he condemned Israel very much. {60} And he finally forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent in which he resided among earthling men." (Psalms 78:58-60)

The scriptures indicate that hell is nothing more than mankind’s common grave. Proof of this is provided by a verse of scripture in the Bible, which no hellfire-believing Christian can explain away. I’m referring to the scripture that says Jesus Christ--the epitome of a perfect, sinless, and obedient man--died and went to hell.

"{21} In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving you a model for you to follow his steps closely. {22} He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth." (1 Peter 2:21-22)

"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that HIS SOUL WAS NOT LEFT IN HELL, neither his flesh did see corruption." (Acts 2:31--King James Version)

NOTE #1: The Bible uses the word "fire" symbolically to indicate cleansing OR permanent death OR permanent destruction. Literal death by burning is immediate.

NOTE #2: the words "Hell" and "Hades" and "Sheol" and "Pit" are synonyms that mean THE GRAVE (of mankind).

NOTE #3: the words "Gehenna" and "the Lake of Fire" as used in the scriptures refers to permanent death from which there is no resurrection.

QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
    According to Jeremiah 7:31, did Jehovah command the ancient Israelites to burn anyone in the fire? And According to Jeremiah 7:31, did the burning of people come to God's heart?

2. According to those who teach hellfire torment, hell is a place for people who are wicked. So why did Jesus spend three days in hell, considering what's said at 1 Peter 2:22?

3. When people are being tortured in hellfire, wouldn't they have to KNOW or be conscious/aware of the fact that they are being burned? I mean to say, what's the point of punishing people in hell if they aren't even aware?

4. Those who believe in eternal torment say that the person's soul is being burned forever. What is the soul? Are animals souls also or is this only for humans?

Alter2Ego, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  13. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The doctrine of original sin, which is the sole reason for Christianity to exist, and which Jehovah's Witlesses accept, portrays your god as not only a sadist but as a charlatain.

(Quoting the Bible to people who consider it nonsense, in an attempt to hold a rational discussion, is irrational.)

Unless it actually says "this is only meant symbolically", it's just another "Christian making things up to suit his purpose" thing. (I'm referring to what you're doing here. And yes, it's also called lying through your teeth - which your Bible prohibits.)

No one actually knows the etymology of Sheol, so that's more "Christians making shit up" stuff.

Gehenna means Valley of Hinnom - more Cmsu.

You might try something. I know you've never done it before, and your cult prohibits it, so it might take you a long time to get the hang of it, but it might be interesting for you to try.

It's called "thinking".

Rukbat, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  14. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    Prove it, please. Nobody's interested in your personal philosophy. Present documentary evidence or intelligent arguments to back up your personal opinion that Jehovah God is "not only a sadist but as a charlatain (sic)."

ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    Excuse me, but I addressed my opening post as follows: "ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE".Do you represent everyone, including the Christians and other theists that are members of this forum?

I will deal with the remainder of your erroneous post later.

Alter2Ego, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  15. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    More evidence that you're functionally illiterate (and that you're incapable of original thought). Read the post to which you're responding again. "Original sin". That's the "documentary evidence".

Of course it has nothing to do with any god, it's an invention of Christianity (from a Hebrew Bible), but it's your cult and you're stuck with its assertions.

Excuse me, but that's not how forums work. Regardless of to whom you claim to be posting, anyone reading your posts can respond to them. If you want something else, don't use a forum.

Try showing where it's erroneous first. Documentary evidence, of course, not just your personal philosophy. (And your interpretation of something you found on a website isn't documentary evidence, it's your personal philosophy.)

Rukbat, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  16. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    People who are lacking in reading-comprehension tend to resort to personal insults in a vain attempt at covering up their inadequacies. That's what you are doing by repeatedly referring to me as being "functionally illiterate." You presented your personal opinion that Jehovah God is
    "not only a sadist but as a charlatain (sic)." I asked you to prove this by either of the following means:

1. Present documentary evidence; or
    2. Provide an intelligent argument.

Let me give you some schooling, since this conversation is clearly over you head. Whenever someone asks you to prove your claims with documentary evidence, they expect you to quote a third-party source. Your lame opinions in which you simply state "original sin" does not come anywhere near a quotation from a third party source, and you failed miserably in providing an intelligent argument when you simply replied "original sin."

Simply stating two words: "Original sin" does not come anywhere near an intelligent argument. An intelligent argument should, at the minimum, include an explanation of why you personally feel original sin is proof that God is "not only a sadist but as a charlatain (sic)." Along with that, you need to present the forum with examples of Jehovah's supposed sadism and charlatanism. You did none of that. All you keep repeating is "original sin." The expression "original sin" means different things to different people. Surely you don't think anyone on this forum can read your mind.

Once more, where is your
    documentary evidence that proves Jehovah God is "not only a sadist but as a charlatain (sic)."

2nd TIME ASKING.

17. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way you just did?

You mean the way you never do?

Which, of course you keep doing in this thread - NOT! (The Bible isn't a source, it's the opinion of some goat herders who have been dead for almost 2,000 years.)

The doctrine of original sin paints a sadistic god. Evidently you're not intelligent enough to follow a discussion my 13 year old great nephew has no trouble following, so I'm going to ignore you from now on, no matter how interesting a chew toy you are.

Rukbat, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  18. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    I presented documentary evidence from four different non-Biblical sources in this thread. Below is what I quoted from the sources, along with the identification of each source.

Post 18, Page 1:
    One Source: Encyclopedia Britannica

"Constantine himself presided, ACTIVELY GUIDING THE DISCUSSIONS, and PERSONALLY proposed... the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, [that Christ was] 'of one substance with the Father.' "

Post 23, Page 2:
    One Source: yourdictionary.com

DEFINITION OF "IDOLATRY":

"Idolatry is extreme admiration or worship, or the worship of craven images or things other than God."
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/idolatry

DEFINITION OF "IDOL":
    "An idol is a false god or an object that is adored or worshipped."
    http://www.yourdictionary.com/idol

Post 30,Page 2:
    Two Sources: (1) timeandbeing.com (2) bukisa.com

http://www.timeandbeing.com/Application/Doctrine/Godhead/GodheadTerm.htm

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/439307_the-godhead

Wow! You've got it so bad, you've actually resorted to lying. Unbelievable!

19. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    The same wash, rinse, and repeat.

You are simply presenting your opinion of original sin, which does not line up with everybody else believes. Not only that, you've yet to present documentary evidence of Jehovah God's supposed sadism, despite the fact I asked you on two separate and distinct occasion to present such evidence. That says one thing: you have no evidence to back up what you personally believe. If you did, you would have long since presented it.

ALTER2EGO -to- RUKBAT:
    Lapping your tail and running after you spouted off a bunch of inaccuracies won't get you off the hook. Disappear from all of my threads if that suits you. It won't stop me debunking every last one of your fallacious statements in future postings.