1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharing content on another site

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by theplastickid, Dec 7, 2012.

I have sites willing to share my articles but I don't want them to create duplicate content.

What is the best way to do this and not get penalised? Would it be to perhaps let them post the first paragraph and say "to continue reading visit..." or would it be to just credit the writer (my site) at the end or beginning of the article?

Thanks dudes

theplastickid, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  2. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    You can mention the url from where the content is being used so that Google does not penalize you, The best method would be sharing the url of the webpage from where the content is being copied.

promowebeveron, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could create a second article that is more of a press release for the first. You could discuss a few of the points made and refer the reader back to your site, assuming of course the other site owners would allow you to do that.

YMC, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  4. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The whole "duplicate content" idea is an absolute myth. Duplicate content refers to content within your own site. They want to prevent people from creating pages that are pretty much identical but targeting different keywords.

In theory, the page that gets indexed first (published the content originally) should get indexed higher. Of course this become problematic if a big site picks up your article and runs with it because it is likely going to get more credit from Google than your site will.

Then again, do you really need to worry about it? If a big site picks up your content then you, yourself, are going to get a lot of exposure because they will likely cite you as the source. So once again, duplicate content is not problematic.

In fact, you can use the page rank of other major sites, and duplicate your own content, to your own advantage. I wrote about how I used SlideShare (which has a very high PR and gets a lot of Google love) in order to basically outrank my own content and promote some affiliate links.

I'm new to the forum so I can't post a live link yet. But if you're interested you can message me and I'll send it over.

Again, who cares where your readers are consuming your content as long as they know its yours :).

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  5. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from the suggestions mentioned above, you can also write a 150-250 words description of the topic discussed and then add a "read more" words at the end with a link to the site where the original article was.
    OR, you can rewrite the content of the original article and then post the rewrites to your other sites.

johnrone, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  6. solar2005

solar2005 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree absolutely with eugenefarber. But before sharing your articles, make sure it has been indexed on Google first so that other sites do not appear as the original source. Some sites are earlier indexed than others, so be careful.

To eugenefarber:
    You already have 27 post which qualifies you to post a live link in your signature. Read FAQ for details.

solar2005, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  7. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's true. You should try to hold off until you are indexed yourself. But I had mentioned a blog post I wrote up about sharing content on SlideShare. Sometimes the algorithm doesn't necessarily favor the original content. In fact, any time a large site picks up your content (think LifeHacker or Mashable) they will likely get ranked higher than you.

But again, if you are given credit as being the original source of the content, it's going to benefit you in the long run.

eugenefarber, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  8. lakeoftheheart

lakeoftheheart Peon

Best Answers:
    I decide to do a blog about survival (which I am an instructor in) and started it on 'blogger' as I use google etc. The content is also being put on my website as background info for people attending courses etc. I was then advised to use the online 'wordpress' platform for my blog (which does seem to give it another 'look'). Is this duplicate content and bad or does it expand the audience?

lakeoftheheart, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  9. lagahit

lagahit Active Member

Best Answers:
    if it's not a problem, you can share your internet marketing articles to me :D

lagahit, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  10. ATBdesign

ATBdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually, it is better to allow them to post overview of your article, or just a fist paragraph and add source at the bottom.

ATBdesign, Jan 10, 2013 IP
  11. lordgreen

lordgreen Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is favourable when you post articles on your site/blog first, ahead of posting it on article submission sites, the bigger sites will use your writers link to backlink you. If readers enjoy your articles, they will definitly follow the link to your site in other to read more articles.
    Cheers.

lordgreen, Jan 10, 2013 IP