1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Keyword density??

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by TopNotchwrites, Nov 3, 2012.

I do understand the keywords and all but sometimes i get confused about the term keyword density.. I would appreciate help in this regard.
    Thanks!

TopNotchwrites, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  2. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density refers to how many times a specific keyword is used in the text copy compared to the total number of words in the document / article / blog post /...

TextServices, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  3. knysna

knysna Peon

Best Answers:
    And keyword density should be used correctly. In other words if you read the sentence out aloud it should make sense. It should sound like you talking to a family member on the telephone. That is the best way to test for optimal keyword density without spamming/repeating keywords. Read the sentence/paragraph out aloud to someone.

knysna, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  4. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to the replies above, it also important to have a basic idea on how to use keyword density. You can use the keyword in your title and in the opening paragraph. Then, if you have many paragraphs, you can use it wisely in each of them or as needed. You can also include the keyword in your closing paragraph. Lastly, the most important thing to keep in mind is the quality and the uniqueness of your content. In other words, don't just focus on how and where to put the keyword for your keyword density's sake, but you need also to have a solid foundation of your topic or content.

johnrone, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  5. nallitet

nallitet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the amount of times the keyword is used in the article

nallitet, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  6. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    1 keyword per 100 words = 1% keyword density
    2 keyword per 100 words = 2%

and so on...

TravisO, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  7. MarvinE

MarvinE Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or keyword phrase is found in your page content amidst all the other content. For example, if you have a Web page with exactly 100 words on it including all headlines, captions, alt text, and advertising, and you have a keyword phrase that is on the page 3 times, your keyword density is 3%.

MarvinE, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  8. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density means how many times a keyword is included in the text. Usually it is expressed as a percentage.

warriorworking, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  9. howarddrive

howarddrive Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to find out the correct keyword density for this because after keyword density you can take feedback from your content manager.

howarddrive, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  10. James38

James38 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with johnrone. Also, I wouldn't worry about the exact percentage of keywords. The most important is your keyword (or rather keyphrase) in the title and the first and last paragraphs. In addition, you can sprinkle closely related keywords throughout your article as long as they make sense of course. The most important thing to remember is to write your article as naturally as possible so that it reads well. I noticed that when i am too focused to the exact amount of keywords, my article tends to sound unnatural. Enter your master KW in google and it usually suggests related key-words / phrases. Hope this helps.

James38, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  11. aamir.alvi3

aamir.alvi3 Member

Best Answers:
    keyword density is the number of times a particular word (Keyword) appears in a piece of content. It's an intelligent device to increase your page's visibility across search engines.

aamir.alvi3, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  12. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You already got your answer but I think I should add my 2 cents. Keywords density is not THAT important. You should only mention the keyword 2-3 times in each article.

timbonitus, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  13. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    I second to that... it is the safest to do it...

TravisO, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  14. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably the wrong part of the forum to ask this, but I'll tell you that you don't really need to worry about kw density anymore after all the Google updates. You just need to write naturally,...including your kw once or twice in the copy is more than enouhg. :)

ninjamtlt1, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  15. webeveronpromo

webeveronpromo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ideally, the keyword density for any webpage shouldn't be more than 5 % which means not more than 5 times in 100 words content.

webeveronpromo, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  16. khemrajmeena

khemrajmeena Banned

Best Answers:
    khemrajmeena, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  17. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    That's not correct, I'm afraid, except for single keywords.

For example, if I have a piece of text 3 words long, the 3 words make up a phrase that occurs exactly once in the text. By your reckoning that would be 33.33% of the text. In reality, it is ALL of the text, so it's actually 100%.

In your own example, a 3 word phrase that occurs once in a 100 word article is 3% keyword density, not 1%. You need to multiply the occurrences by the number of words in the phrase.

That's how Google calculates it, anyways.

PassGoSEO, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  18. InSiteFull

InSiteFull Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always followed a rough guideline of trying to reach between 2.5-5% keyword density on my main keywords (Including domain name, title, start and end) as well as trying to sprinkle in secondary keywords when they're relevant to the information I'm trying to convey.

It is also good practice to optimize your page links with targeted keywords.

InSiteFull, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  19. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is important because search engines use this information to categorize a site's theme and to determine which terms the site is relevant to. The perfect keyword density will help achieve higher search engine positions. Keyword density needs to be balanced correctly.

war_machine, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  20. solar2005

solar2005 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think keyword density should not be more than 3%.

solar2005, Jan 2, 2013 IP