1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ASP the future or not?

Discussion in 'C#' started by simplythewebst, Sep 26, 2011.

1. AriannaCh

AriannaCh Peon

Best Answers:
    The ASP provides advance tools for the web development. and provides core functionality than open source. I think there is better future in the ASP.

AriannaCh, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  2. TayyabRazaq

TayyabRazaq Peon

Best Answers:
    Asp.net is the future of web development

TayyabRazaq, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  3. ericlewis107

ericlewis107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ASP.Net have much more powerful IDE "Visual Studio" which make ASP.Net far more better than PHP.

ericlewis107, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  4. instanttrainers

instanttrainers Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people get too concerned on the differences of each and every development platform. If you are a PHP developer and feel confident in developing any custom website to meet a clients requirements then go with that. The aim is to meet a clients expectations and if PHP can meet those requirements and even exceed them, PHP will do the job.

On the other hand, ASP.NET with the focus on the MVC framework now, Microsoft has now made the technology a lot more flexible in developing websites. Once you start developing using the MVC framework you will never go back to using web forms within ASP.NET 1.0 - 4.0, it just makes things a lot more complex.

I am a Microsoft technology guy, and the future is bright with MVC that's for sure.

But at the end of the day i am a big believer in getting the job done, bug free and the right way. The platform comes second!

Check out my latest MVC3 website at instanttrainers.com, ASP.NET MVC3 did the job here!

instanttrainers, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  5. usman8

usman8 Banned

Best Answers:
    ASP.Net is not more comprehensive as compared to PHP. coding in the asp is lenghty and there is no use of css language but in php it is easy to make changes and also programming about the dynamic web pages.

usman8, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  6. miguelf

miguelf Member

Best Answers:
    I use both PHP and ASP.NET and the future is very bright for both. PHP has the advantage that it runs on both Linux and Windows but is not as robust and secure as ASP.NET. ASP.NET runs only on Windows but is the most secure and robust platform for web development. To me it depends on what I'm developing that helps me decide what to use, either PHP or ASP.NET. For bigger sites, I tend to use ASP.NET for smaller sites I tend to use PHP.

miguelf, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  7. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure about the future but present and past of web scripts written in PHP.

VideoWhisper.com, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  8. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, ASP is a very giant language. There is no limitation. You can make your future more and more bright with asp.net.

annaharris, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  9. CodeBeast

CodeBeast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, ASP.NET is super great, but mind that once you get into the Microsoft's world, you will never get out of it. You will be "forced" to use their prodcts as windows server and ms sql in order to get it working, but ofcourse, these platforms are well maintained and it worths the money. Anyways these days php sells more than ASP, just because of the server cost.

CodeBeast, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  10. svfox

svfox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see companies switching from Java to C# everywhere I look. It is fast and runs good on windows and since we can control where it runs we are fine with it. It works great and is a complete framework and language. Feel free to use any language you want. Enterprise companies are using C# and less are using Java.

svfox, May 2, 2013 IP
  11. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Asp.net is surely the future of web development as it has got multiple functionalities.

annaharris, May 3, 2013 IP
  12. Shawn Michaels

Shawn Michaels Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Shawn Michaels, May 10, 2013 IP
  13. Puneetha K

Puneetha K Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can give an Example. Few months back there was a huge rumor spread across saying "Microsoft Declares the Future of ASP.NET is Web API".

Microsoft listens to developers and forms their strategy for tool development based on the developer community. ASP.NET will have a long life for sure!

Similarly, it all depends on what you need as a developer. PHP, JSP & ASP have their own advantages and disadvantages and depends on requirement at particular project. ASP.NET is of-course a great and powerful one.

Take Some time out to go through MVA

Puneetha K, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  14. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ASP has not more future, But ASP.Net has a great future dear. So if you want to do this then make yourself a expert in ASP.Net

Best of Luck

alamlinks, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  15. jamieellis

jamieellis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry this is just wrong. ASP doesn't run on the client side so it wouldn't run on iPad, iPhone, android etc anyway, that point is irrelevant - unless mobile devices have become servers in the recent past and I've missed something! It's perfectly normal to write native client apps for those platforms in their native languages and call server side code built on a Microsoft technology stack via a RESTful API, as you could do if you were running with, say, LAMP. The client app doesn't care what the server is running as long as it understands how to invoke operations.

I know many people who are doing exactly this.

jamieellis, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  16. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Biggest advantage of ASP.NET is that we can develop application (web based and system based) more easily and very fast. We can even secure it with minimum effort. So definitely ASP is the future which will be ever used for application for web page as well as system based.

schgrv, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  17. jamesanalyst123

jamesanalyst123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Advantages of ASP Web Based Programming Services:

Minimize network traffic

Flexibility to view in any browser

The tools of asp programming ensure more functionality and fast development.

High security - ASP code cannot be viewed from the browser

Ability to dynamically edit, change or add any content of a web page

Ability to access any data or database and return the results to a browser

As ASP is having so many advantages, we can consider that future is bright for web development using ASP.

jamesanalyst123, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  18. SHASHI BHUSHAN

SHASHI BHUSHAN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about classic ASP, there is no future. Now almost every website which was developed in asp earlier, has been already migrated into new technologies or in process (except few government sites, which don't want to change ever).

SHASHI BHUSHAN, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  19. sagaradsennse

sagaradsennse Member

Best Answers:
    Good Question. As a personally I can say nothing bad in this world if you are leader. Yeah but for future scope please go with MVC which is rocking not right now for future too. Yes but which sites already developed in asp they always need maintenance people then this was scope but Nowadays I dont think anybody create new site in asp

sagaradsennse, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  20. Addy Airla

Addy Airla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    anyone not tell about future of asp.net i am write a one quote

"technology not end so asp.net no end
    when technology end then asp end ...."

Addy Airla, Oct 10, 2013 IP