1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting more likes to your pages - What has worked for me

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by chronocrono, Dec 24, 2012.

I run a couple of Facebook pages, and I just wanted to share what strategies I've found to be successful. I know, a lot of these ideas have already been shared, but it's always good to hear it from someone else to confirm that it works, right? Here we go:

Get lots of friends on your profile first

Before I began to seriously work on getting my page's visitors up, I first focused on making friends on my profile. Looking back, I should have worked on both simultaneously, as you can only add so many friends before Facebook hits you with a TOS violation. I would only recommend adding 5-10 friends a day, and stick to people who share the same interest as your page. You can usually find them on pages similar to your own. Usually once you get enough friends, the requests start coming to you and Facebook starts recommending more relevant people to send requests to, meaning less work to do. Facebook limits you to 5000 friends, but luckily others can still subscribe to your page.

Invite friends to join your page Individually

I'm not sure how it works, but avoid the "mass-invite" friend tool if you can. Every now and then, an invite button will appear on your page, allowing you to invite members individually. I believe you see it more often when you only have a few fans. For some reason, I seem to have a higher acceptance rate of sending invites this way versus using the mass invite tool. If someone can shed some light on why this one works better and how to get to it, please do.

Funny pics

Posting pics is a must, especially funny ones, since most people love to laugh, and in turn they will share these pics to make their friends laugh. If you can, post funny pics that are relevant to your page's topic. For example, if you run a tech site, post pics that geeks would find funny. Or if it's an MMA site, you could post those silly Pacquiao memes that have been floating around. Just find something that your viewers would joke about. If you need a source for pics, use Google or Tumblr.

Interesting, relevant pics

Obviously, funny pics aren't everything. Make sure you post pics that are relevant to your page's topic. That's what your fans came to see, and it's easy to start a conversation with.

Socialize with your viewers

It's a lot of work, takes a lot of time and sometimes you aren't up to it, but socialize with your viewers. Post questions to get them involved. If they add a comment to one of your posts, comment back. Sometimes you can even start a discussion. Their friends will see the discussion, and may get involved as well, which can get you more likes and views.

Make friends and ask viewers for help promoting your page

This usually comes with socializing with your viewers. Usually once I've interacted with a fan of my page a few times or if they hit me up in messenger, I'll ask them to help spread the word about my page by sharing it with their friends or by sharing my posts. Often times, they're more than happy to help out. You don't have to do this with everyone, it only takes a few.

Post on other pages

Ok, this one works really well, but you have to be careful. I'm not recommending you spam other pages, but it's usually ok to post your page on other pages every now and then. You can either post a link to your blog, or just join in on other interactions. If you're really unsure about posting a link, ask the owner of the page for permission, or suggest you exchange link posts on each others pages. I recommend going for the high traffic blogs.

I'm still learning quite a bit, but I will update this thread as I come up with new strategies to get more page likes. I hope this helps.:)

chronocrono, Dec 24, 2012 IP
    sasanga likes this.
  2. npassweb

npassweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for informartion!

npassweb, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  3. turnkeygallery

turnkeygallery Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for such useful information

turnkeygallery, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  4. UnHide

UnHide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge dude. ^^

UnHide, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  5. ultimatesouvik

ultimatesouvik Active Member

Best Answers:
    very nice points......

Thanks for Sharing!!!!:)

ultimatesouvik, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  6. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    post on other pages .. this sounds good

war_machine, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  7. MathewStephenKtm

MathewStephenKtm Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!

MathewStephenKtm, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  8. sannu3250

sannu3250 Member

Best Answers:
    hey .. what is your facebook fan page name ??? how is it growing ??

sannu3250, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  9. DonBrillo

DonBrillo Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, thanks for sharing your experience mate!

DonBrillo, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  10. agitetech

agitetech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing such a useful information mate...It really helped me to increase Fans.....

agitetech, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  11. RayGaloo

RayGaloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Useful well with good content + interaction +consistent you cant miss... Ofc at start you need to have good friends to help you with likes and shares :D

RayGaloo, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  12. xuhaibkhan

xuhaibkhan Member

Best Answers:
    Great info, i have been doing these things for a month now, now at-least i get 3-4 likes in a day :) i know its very low, But its at least better than losing 3.4 a day !

xuhaibkhan, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  13. SmallTownGirl

SmallTownGirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great tips! Now I'll go back to wasting my time on Facebook, lol. Just kidding.

SmallTownGirl, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  14. chronocrono

chronocrono Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true, but it shouldn't take too many. A couple good friends will be more than happy to share your content and help spread the word.

chronocrono, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  15. kumarkunal

kumarkunal Member

Best Answers:
    Good information and thanks for sharing.

kumarkunal, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  16. Smith_jhon

Smith_jhon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that's very helpful information

Smith_jhon, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  17. rebirthmediagroup

rebirthmediagroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rebirthmediagroup, Dec 29, 2012 IP