1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Parents Respect Their Kids?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mrchris123678, Dec 26, 2012.

I'm 25 and today I was eating out with some friends. Next to us was a family, and the child, about 11, was telling his Mom and Grandmom how he loves subways and his grandmother intereppted him without saying excuse me and started a different converstation. The little boy said "Grandmom i was speaking" and his mother chimned in and said" It' doesn't matter, she's an adult, your a child" I felt so bad for that boy.So do you think parents should respect children? Do you believe in the quote "Children should be seen, not heard'

Mrchris123678, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  2. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course, parents must respect their kids. It's as simple as 'To gain respect, you have to give it first..'. Kids will learn what you'll make them understand or teach them. If you'll treat & understand them well, they'll imitate you & follow it for the rest of your life. So, one must behave very carefully when with kids.

hostechsupport, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, everyone shall respect other no matter adult or children.

lifeplayer, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  4. Mrchris123678

Mrchris123678 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think children and adults are equal when it comes to respect. How do you demand respect, yet not show some yourself? I think Seen Not Heard is terrible. Kids have a voice and their opinions need to be heard, and they should also learn when the time is right as well.

Mrchris123678, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  5. virtualassistance

virtualassistance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In general, I think adults should respect children, especially if adults want their children to respect them. It's about "setting a good example". We know children follow what adults do (most of the time!).

virtualassistance, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  6. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

Kids should be respected. They are human beings like any other person.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  7. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man that's a tough. I feel bad for the kid. I think they're being kinda hypocritical.

DennisKnows, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  8. HashPipe

HashPipe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course they should be respected. They're potentially damaging this kid's confidence with those kind of attitudes. Shame on them.

HashPipe, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They need respect. Respect from parents has great psychological effects on children.

davehenrie, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  10. Twarita1972

Twarita1972 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Respect is vise versa it was needed for both side,as parent its their duty to show respect to the desision of their child if they are taking correct,& if their wrong than respect the opinion of their parents gives to them.

Twarita1972, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  11. kumartinku

kumartinku Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes every parents should respect his kids. and they have to feel what the kids actual aspect to his parents.

kumartinku, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  12. TheKarmaOne

TheKarmaOne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh yea, i hate that. that's a terrible saying too imo

TheKarmaOne, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  13. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah absolutely parents should respect their children and set an example. How can they expect their children to respect them if they dont give them the due respect?

traxport121, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  14. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Parents should respect their children. I remember when I was studying kindergarten, my mother bought two large boxes of crayons. I put both of them in my bag because I want to bring it to the school. When it was time to go home, i forget what happened but the teacher found that there were 2 boxes of crayons in my bag. She thought I took one of them from another kid so he gave it away to another kid. I kept telling her those are mine but she wouldn't listen.

Zirkon Kalti, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  15. SHEMROCK Nursery school

SHEMROCK Nursery school Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course.... In my eyes every relationship is based on a give and take relationship.. If you expect your children to give you respect then you should revert the same as well. This is also because children imitate what their parents do.... Hope you got the answer to your question....
    good luck!!

SHEMROCK Nursery school, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  16. J Mintuck

J Mintuck Banned

Best Answers:
    I just got done writing an article something like this yesterday. It slightly hinted at the fact of respect if you wanted to interpret it that way.

Mine was to do a do as I say, not as I do thing and not to do it that way. I do think the kid should say what he needs to say without the Im the adult and YOU are the child AKA You don't count crap. This gets me angry to no end. I just got started...ooohhhhh nooooo.

J Mintuck, Feb 14, 2013 IP