1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to Learn Wordpress Step by Step, What language I have to learn first?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by shiblucu, Dec 25, 2012.

Hi everyone, I want to be a world class WordPress professional. Can anyone give me a step by step suggestion? like first HTML then CSS, JavaScrip and so no bottom to top. I have already learn basic HTML and CSS. I have 6 months time to complete basic WordPress development (Theme,plugins,management etc)course, Is it enough? if you give me name of books beside each step it will be highly appreciable.

Thanks,
    Tawfiq

shiblucu, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  2. rezaulhuq

rezaulhuq Member

Best Answers:
    This is good that you already learnt HTML and CSS. Now it is time to learn Javascript in order to go for PHP. Wordpress has been made up of PHP. You need to learn object oriented PHP programming to understand how wordpress core files work. W3school can be a good place to learn Javascript and PHP. Codex dot wordpress dot org can be a good resource to learn ins and outs on WordPress. Wish your success.

rezaulhuq, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  3. shiblucu

shiblucu Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks rezaulhuq, Is this necessary to learn jQuery and Ajex before PHP? I heard that it'll be good to learn those first.

shiblucu, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  4. jamadophotography

jamadophotography Peon

Best Answers:
    jamadophotography, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  5. rezaulhuq

rezaulhuq Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can also learn so. But before, Jquery and ajax this is good to learn Javascript. However, you need to understand function, statement and variables of programming language. Object and Class for object oriented programming. The most interesting area you 'll enjoy when you 'll understand how a function is called.

Thanks

rezaulhuq, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  6. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should be first learn about ''html'' how it works. Thats enough to learn wordpress site maintenance :)

Social-Share-the-SEO-booster.jpg

granthelp, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  7. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Atif123, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  8. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of Youtube to learn from. They are free and easy to follow instruction.

rith, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  9. shiblucu

shiblucu Member

Best Answers:
    @Atif123 Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know about w3schools but I think it is good to start but not to be a professional.

shiblucu, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm astounded that anyone can learn html and css without learning basic javascript (with a t) at the same time.

Why have you set a 6 month deadline on becoming a "world class professional"? Have you accepted a paid project with that as the delivery date?

I'd start with learning some PHP and getting to grips with basic plugin writing - either by writing some yourself or reading and extending plugins others have written.

You can code Wordpress quite successfully without understanding object oriented programming. A basic understanding will help but don't get too caught up in it. If you move on to working with cakephp or symfony then you'll need it.
    This guy wants to create themes, write plugins and be fully versed in WordPress, he'll need more than html.

sarahk, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  11. gofirst

gofirst Peon

Best Answers:
    I will suggest try to learn html, javascript, and css to modify your site. Also you can practice on local host for better improvement.

gofirst, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  12. lyros

lyros Peon

Best Answers:
    To become a WordPress expert you need more than learning HTML, css, javascript (including Ajax, jQuery and prototype), PHP and MySql. All these languages and techonologies are required in order to understand how WordPress works. But you also have to learn the logic that wordpress code uses.
    WordPress it self provides several functions, definitions and solutions ($wpdb, get_currentuserinfo(), ABSPATH, HOOKS etc) for developers that you need to learn.
    So if you are in a hurry, google about languages and play alot with them. After that, try creating some simple plugins and templates. In the codex website of wordpress there are instructions for these.

lyros, Jan 6, 2013 IP