1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Secret To Targeted Free Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tahoecale, Dec 22, 2012.

Hello fellow digitalpoint members, I have been doing internet marketing and web development for about 10 years. I have 100s of websites but 30 main sites.

One issue i have seen for the last 10 years is no one wants to share anything useful everyone wants to keep their tricks to themselves and i think that is sad. Fearing of competitors to use their tricks against them and steal business.

So i want to help out some of the new webmaster in their path to success.

1. You will get your best customers from search engines like google and yahoo. You MUST rank on the first page for your keywords. How can you do that? I don't know.... Backlinks? yeah but google is smarter than everyone thinks it has some huge math equation that leads to its results. If SEO experts find a way to cheat the system and get sites ranked #1 google will fix it and make it so that technique doesn't work. Remember google has the best of the best....

2. Blog commenting...... People get this confused, or just do it for a backlink. This is not how you do it for free traffic. You first google your market. Say you are selling web hosting, You would google something like "find good hosting" Or "web hosting reviews" just something to find good blogs to comment on.....
    Now you need to actually read the blog, so you can write a relevant comments. You one do not want to look like a spammer you also do not want to look like your self advertising. Make a story up, tell them your experience about (YOUR) web hosting site.
    Do this over and over for that search about 10 google pages deep. Than move on to a new search and do the same thing comment on all pages with relevant comments and selling your site at the same time.
    You will get about 50% of your comments approved the rest will take forever or never because the blog owner is gone or something. But these comments will get you targeted traffic for years. Some will only get 1 or 2 clicks a day and some will get you 50 clicks a day. You need to do this forever sorry but its true.

3. Find a relevant forum. Say you are selling web hosting, a forum like this one digitalpoint would be perfect you need to find about 25 of these targeted forums and sign up on all of them. Next you need to get a signature link on your account. Most forums require you to do X amount of posts before you can have a signature link. One huge tip is you will get banned in 1 min if you look spammy or self advertising. So don't do it, simple right. But most people just sign up on forums post a bunch of spam get banned and do it over and over. So keep this in mind forums are your friend they just want good content and you just want traffic so play nice. You will get extremely targeted traffic from the forums.

4. Social Media Sites, facebook, twitter, youtube, ect..ect..
    Theses are just as useful as the blogs and forums. With facebook i first make a fan page and get them a ton of likes so they show up on top in the facebook search. You need to have the fan page look good too it needs to have a good cover image and lots of posts you can keep it updated with a RSS GRAFFITI or something similar.
    Tips on youtube, you can make simple videos with screencastomatic.com this site makes it easy to record your screen and if you don't have a mic you can just open a text file and type, im sure you have seen this before on youtube.
    The title is the most important.
    The title should be KEYWORD - DESCRIPTION
    So if you had a web hosting site it could be
    BEST WEB HOSTING - MYDOTCOM HOSTING FEATURES
    Simple videos like this can get you 100s of hits per day. Also google owns youtube so they really like to rank their videos on their search engine.

5. Classified ad sites, craigslist, backpage, ect...
    Theses sites can do a lot, seo and traffic. backpages is a spam fest so just spam it. Craigslist is hard it has tons of anti spam software. You can get whats called "Ghosted posts" this means you will think your posts are live and you can see them but no one else can. This is a hard one and i still get ghosted posts so i'm still learning you should be too.

6. Creating blogs, Wordpress, Blogger, Squidoo, ect...
    This is a nice boost and it really works i have made a simple 1 post wordpress blog and within 12 hours it gets me traffic daily and is ranked for a keyword. but you can't just post a 1 word post the post should be about 200 words long and have the keyword linked to the site about 2 times,
    The title is the most important.
    The title should be KEYWORD - DESCRIPTION
    So if you had a web hosting site it could be
    BEST WEB HOSTING - MYDOTCOM HOSTING FEATURES
    (sorry to repeat my self) but its the same rules......
    You also want to make your wordpress username your keyword so your main URL is YOUR-KEYWORD.wordpress.com

If you follow these simple but time consuming steps you will get targeted free traffic. And the more you put into it the more you will get in return. Nothing happens over night and you want to make it you need to work hard and spend a lot of time.

I hope you all can learn from this post and use it to your advantage in success.
    Please feel free to add more helpful tips.

tahoecale, Dec 22, 2012 IP
    MarbleHost.com likes this.
  2. rickypower96

rickypower96 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank for share this man , :)

rickypower96, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  3. ajaydevlabs

ajaydevlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    This is called a Good way of marketing, Thanks buddy for your tips. I request you to give us some more info regarding Email marketing. thanks

ajaydevlabs, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  4. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate for reminding me. IT is a very good articles

handsome guy, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  5. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea these are some great strategies. I've gotten some great results from commenting and forum posting...

DennisKnows, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  6. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    Nice of you to share these tips for free traffic.
    They are, indeed, simple but time consuming steps to get targeted free traffic.

johnrone, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  7. meonlyme

meonlyme Peon

Best Answers:
    thank u dear i think after reading dis i have solved my 2-3 problems in doing seo..

meonlyme, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  8. hussam19

hussam19 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wonderful tips , thanks for helpfulness , many people need such a good attitude to help them succeed online . free traffic are also good even if no sales are made coz they help increase ranking , google see sites with much traffic as authority sites even if no much content on them , also traffic generates traffic in case the site is really informative and interesting , you tell me I tell my friends and they tell theirs .THANKS FOR NICE TIPS

hussam19, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  9. LadyS

LadyS Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe if we can follow these, there will be great results. Good tips thanks for sharing.

LadyS, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  10. mliell

mliell Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great info! You can also use safelists if you're in the Internet marketing niche. I'm sure there's safelists for other niches too, but there are thousands of them in the Internet marketing niche.

mliell, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  11. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post.

Forum participation is my favorite because it is pretty entertaining and it can lead to targeted traffic.

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  12. mulgood

mulgood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your tips. But it is too general tips.

mulgood, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  13. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice on how to send targeted traffic to a page.

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  14. creativistenterprise

creativistenterprise Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    advice for mass blast on craigslist?

creativistenterprise, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  15. creativistenterprise

Best Answers:
    I like the idea of creating blogs, but shouldn't you include some email capturing advice for free-blogs?

16. creativistenterprise

Best Answers:
    I only mention the email capturing in blogs because i dont see a paid service like aweber being used with something like blogger...

17. creativistenterprise

Best Answers:
    Do you think Aweber can be used with Weebly...? Then again, to get the most of weebly you have to pay...

18. tahoecale

tahoecale Active Member

Best Answers:

Yes, do not do that. you will get all of your posts ghosted you need to be extremely careful with craigslist. i would do a lot of research on not getting ghosted before you start advertising on craigslist or your account will get put on ghost mode and you can't fix it after that

tahoecale, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  19. adaxah

adaxah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing the tips

adaxah, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  20. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    It means that you are on the right track of online marketing.

rith, Dec 25, 2012 IP