1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to email my list- Quality or Quantity

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tkyles1009, Dec 23, 2012.

Hello all you wonderful minds out there! If you know me then you know I love to study and compare topics to get the best results possible(bit of a nerd).

Well in list building there are plenty ups and downs; highs and lows if you will. One in particular is how many times is to many times to email your list.:eek:

Technically there is no right or wrong answer to this but your emails can start to seem like spam if you're mailing your list two or three times a day without valuable content.

Even mailing your email list daily to just promote/sale is a major inconvenience to the reader and chances are they'll unsubscribe or start sending your emails to a spam folder this is a very bad thing.

In closing I'd like to say to my fellow list builders, when emailing your list think of what would intrigue you to open and email and how you would react if you felt as though you were being spammed to death. Also don't forget to set expectations with your email list immediately so they'll know what to expect from you initially.

Kind regards
    :eek: email overload.jpg email overload.jpg email overload.jpg email overload.jpg

tkyles1009, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  2. zimzalabim

zimzalabim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely true. Quality emails to your list over quantity. Build the relationship with your subscribers, treat them like gold and it'll benefit you in the long run.

zimzalabim, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  3. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    Quality should be the main priority rather than quantity.
    Sending a large number of impersonal emails would lead to junk folders and/or spam box.

johnrone, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  4. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for the amazing feedback! The thing is people thing the more promotion I do the more I have a chance of making a sales. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Actually it only increases your chance of your future emails never being seen.

tkyles1009, Dec 23, 2012 IP