1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a Freelancer Script - Clone or Original

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PrintedPerfection, Dec 5, 2012.

I am looking for a vWorker, Freelancer, eLance type script. Am open to a cloned script or an original but would like one with a decent reputation.

Was looking into GuruScript and Agriya but both seem to have bad reps. The latter not as bad as the first, but am hoping to find one that will work properly out of the box with minimal editing - a good rep is a must!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

P.S. I would like to add that among my research I am finding that (at least) Agriya does put some effort into searching the web and trying to help people that have posted complaints. I have to give them credit for that, but I do wish I had a support (sales) agent that better answered my questions and was easier to understand.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    PrintedPerfection, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you talked to SiteMile? I haven't tried their setup (it's WP theme-based) but they're phenomenally responsive and worth a look, at least.

TIEro, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. PrintedPerfection

PrintedPerfection Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the suggestion. I forgot about them, I had initially looked at this script. I figured it would need much more customization than the others, but on the other hand, it has the stability of WP. I am going to give it another look.

I went ahead and went with the WP theme from SiteMile. Overall it does what it says for the most part, some features advertised are not anywhere in it, and I have only found a couple bugs (which have not yet been addressed). They advertise 'stunning support' and a better version of the software that includes a dispute and affiliate system, however, I bought this better version and got the same version as the $69 version. I got prompt replies initially (pre-sale) but thus far I am not getting the support I would appreciate or consider 'stunning'. Most emails are ignored, or I get a reply that they were lost, or a reply that says it's midnight there they'll address it in the morning (which they don't) or, "I am spending time with my family right now". At this point I am not really sure what to say. I am teetering between giving the creator a little more time or filing a dispute with Pay Pal. I am disappointed and wouldn't recommend it for the reasons stated, however, it does seem to have the basic functionality, and I think it has the potential to be a good system with additional coding.

So here is an update if anyone is interested... I bought the project bidding theme by Site Mile. I actually purchased the DEV-EXTRA version, it is identical to the basic version. I gave the creator a week to install the missing items (dispute and affiliate system - basically the two extra features in this more expensive area). He had no idea what I was talking about with the affiliate system, like he didn't even know that was on the list of features. And the dispute area consisted of a fake button on the front end and a tabbed area in the back with no functionality. Among these items, the program still has bugs (one being that messages cannot be sent to other users if their display name is different than their log in ID, so this is a significant bug), and even for the basic version, which is what I got despite paying for the better version, many features that are advertised are missing. There is no color picker, the payment gateways that are supposed to be included are not, etc. With this, I am again looking at Agriya and NCrypted, and just filed a chargeback with Pay Pal on Site Mile.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    PrintedPerfection, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yikes. I have their TaskerDev and am still waiting for the docs to appear. I'll have to push before the PayPal chargeback period expires...

Very disappointed as I had a good impression of them from pre-sales contact (with Andrei, the owner I assume). I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a decent solution but I'll make damned sure I can get a refund if not.

Thanks for the update, PP. Forewarned is forearmed.

TIEro, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  5. PrintedPerfection

Best Answers:
    NP - And I also had a great impression of Andrei. He is who I dealt with. In his defense once I escalated the PP dispute he did issue a refund without a fight, and then emailed and said he would still like to make things right. I told him that I would work with that, and let him work on the script. He has worked for a couple days and got the disputes and affiliate modules in. The dispute module still does not work, the buttons are displayed on the front with no functionality (he worked on this area but I see no difference). The affilates module apparently works -?? There is an affiliate link displayed for each user but by default it is set to pay the affiliate whatever the site charges, so our site fees are 15%, the affiliate earns that same 15% so anyone referred by an affiliate account brings zero to the site. There is no way to edit the affiliate program or manage any settings. You know the affiliate referred someone when a check appears for the referring partner to be paid for it, and the referriing partner gets the site profits forever. That wont work. My guess is that he scripted something up quickly to try to save the sale to us. I don't like that but I have to give him some kudos for trying to save the sale. It's just a shame that it took a PP claim to get him doing it, and I am not going to pay him to custom code a feature that is supposed to be in the theme. For me, the bottom line with his stuff is, if it's not in the demo then don't expect it to be there in the version you get. And, btw, my files and documentation never appeared in my account either. :(I would definitely watch your time frame so you're protected. And I like your analogy, forewarned is forearmed! Good luck, please let us know how it works out so we can get a better picture of his products.

PrintedPerfection, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  6. ri4u

ri4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems, this script is not complete or stable as yet. So no point in buying it now. Does someone have developer's edition, from whom I may buy for my site.

ri4u, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  7. PrintedPerfection

Best Answers:
    I had the developer version of the Wordpress theme from Site Mile, not sure what you're looking for ri4u

PrintedPerfection, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  8. andreisaioc

andreisaioc Active Member

Best Answers:
    andreisaioc, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  9. PrintedPerfection

Best Answers:
    I agree Bronzemoontr - He is a nice guy, and I think his base script is probably okay. The developer version just didn't have what it said it had and he wasn't able to provide the needed files. I suspect he developed the lower version and had plans for the developer version but it just wasn't ready. The features of the base script were there and appeared to work and I like his designs; guess it just depends on what you need.

PrintedPerfection, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  10. andreisaioc

Best Answers:
    Yes im trying the best to support. Yes indeed some of the extensions for the extra developer were not 100% ready, but we are developing more and more. Right now we have ready:

1. the affiliate system, fully ready and working
    2. extra payment gateways: iDeal, Payfast, Authorize.net fully and working
    3. digital goods and file exchange between users
    4. responsiveness, theme is responsive
    5. dispute system, partially ready

I understand the solution is not 100% perfect for everyone, but if you have 100 customers with 100 ideas a standard script wont satisfy all of them, and each one must do adjustments, or I can do for them. and i think im doing a good job. Im trying really hard.
    Thank you and a Merry Christmas

http://sitemile.com

11. PrintedPerfection

Best Answers:
    You said it much better than I did Andrei, and I beleive you. I got very upset about the developer script not being ready because of the time issue I am facing, but I think you have a good line going and wouldn't be leary to buy one of your scripts. The parts that are developed seem to be working fine, and your design is top notch. And, don't try to please everyone, they can have it customized to make their site unique, but I would recommend not putting it up for sale until all features are working. ;o)

12. andreisaioc

Best Answers:
    yea i know the dispute plugin wasnt 100% ready but i worked on it during last few days (since our last conversation on skype) and now its working and everything should be working as expected.

13. PrintedPerfection

Best Answers:
    I would check this. I have since uninstalled the script, but on my side there were dispute buttons on the front and a tabbed group in the admin but nothing worked (the buttons were not clickable). Maybe something was missing from what you did on my site??

14. andreisaioc

Best Answers:
    now they work ok, but we have to install the updated version. Whenever you will come to skype we will install and show you the updates.

or i can install in the demo on sitemile and show you how it looks in the actual demo of the theme.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  15. sharanseo

sharanseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post, nice post share here...

sharanseo, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  16. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried looking on this forums services page. You should try to post there, and see the results, then just posting it on "general business".

James Byun, Dec 30, 2012 IP