1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When it comes to marketing, women are easily offended?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by louiselouise, Dec 5, 2012.

I am a female marketer. But i have come across a problem a few times where my youtube videos and my yahoo answers got flagged for no reason at all when i market something regarding women niche like skin care, make hair bows. For example in skincare niche, i didn't sell anything ( you cant do so in yahoo answers), i just share my experience which brand works best for me on oil control and make up and i get flagged. i just feel like i need to avoid promoting women stuff on these platform because there is a huge risk. what do you think? have you come across this situation when market to women?

louiselouise, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I think it's not about male or female, offensive manner depends on presentation.Singe or a few examples don't represents all. Good Luck.
    [h=2][/h]

Bigbash, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  3. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I haven't experienced this myself, so I'm not sure exactly where you're coming from, but I have seen people become offended by very aggressive marketing where it is not welcome.

Not saying you are doing this by any means, but maybe you should lighten up on the marketing and selling aspect, as people seem to be becoming more sensitive to people promoting products.

Interesting that you are getting flagged so often though, and it is a shame if it's for no good reason.

I hope you get this resolved!

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  4. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It might not be women it could be your competition being a jerk.
    Then again yahoo answers has changed a lot since I first started using it for traffic!
    Now you have nothing but these no it all people that flag you just because your trying to make a few dollars.

Hang in there you doing great ! Just try to get a more creative with the angles you take with your offers & try to use comedy in some way !
    Always give lots of quality and try to over deliver !
    It will all click one day if you just hang in their and stay focused !
    Best regards
    TBone

tac88, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I`m not in this sector, but what I can tell you from fundamentals despite whatever niche your involved and need to express will fall into how the information being portrayed. This can mean, your just bashing on the persons brand by not organizing your thoughts into a constructive criticism.

James Byun, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  6. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know there's such thing as a gender issue when it comes to marketing.
    What you're experiencing happens only to you. Yet, you immediately jumped into conclusion by saying women are offended when, in fact, it was only you.
    Just do what everybody does in marketing...
    Do it right and do it good..

johnrone, Dec 22, 2012 IP