1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

seoforums.in

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by d3wlin, Dec 18, 2012.

Hello,

Please appraise the following forum domain: seoforums.in

Your appraisal much appreciated.

d3wlin, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  2. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    http://mcjonline.com/www/seoforums.in

It holds almost no value because it is .in domain name. Many "seoforums" domain can be hand registered with different domain extension such as .lv .lt, .ee. There are only few I checked but I guess there should be some 50-70 similar ones available for hand registration.

Ledlauzis, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  3. d3wlin

d3wlin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your appraisal.

Personally, I think that the name holds a decent value. According to Google, in India the keyphrase "seo forums" has a high search volume of 1,300 exact-match searches per month. The singular version "seo forum" (which is also nicely targetable with seoforums.in) is searched 1,000 times per month. I understand that the competition within the industry is high, but still, it's beneficial having a domain with exact keywords.

Also "seo forums" is a term in English and registering this phrase in non-English extensions wouldn't make much sense. English is an official language in India.

d3wlin, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  4. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you can have visitors to this website but the problem will be monetization. Around 2000 visitors a month from India won't bring any revenue form Adsense or similar networks. Average income in India is a lot lower than one in Norther Europe or even Eastern Europe so selling some goods will be even more difficult.
    Banner ads will be difficult to sell because of niche and lack of visitors.

So there is some value in this domain but only tiny one.

Ledlauzis, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  5. d3wlin

d3wlin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that going the AdSense route wouldn't be the best option here, however, I imagine interest in banner advertising.

d3wlin, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  6. usa666

usa666 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that this name has great potential as an Indian Search Engine Optimization Forum. With proper development the names value would greatly increase.

Undeveloped I would think that is it between reg fee and $xx in value overall. There are many people from India getting online these days and I could see them utilizing an local seo forum.

usa666, Dec 20, 2012 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could always make it a dofollow forum with visible signature links. So-called SEOs will flock there to spam it to death. Still, tons of traffic.

In all seriousness, sell it to someone who is Indian and wants a decent domain name for an SEO forum. It will give them an edge in "local search" and they can surely make more money from advertising local services (hosting, domains, SEO, etc) than with Adsense or similar. It's not going to hold much value undeveloped, but maybe $100 if you find the right buyer (you might find them on DP, I mean the Indians who have been doing business on here for a long time - at one time I would have said Amit Bhawani Patel, but I don't know if that's his kind of thing any more).

ryan_uk, Dec 21, 2012 IP
    d3wlin likes this.
  8. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Keywords, "SEO FORUMS", but talking about the extension it looses all its value.

May be you get lucky if you find some Indian interested.

Good Luck!

gyahoo, Dec 22, 2012 IP
    d3wlin likes this.