1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Truth And False Of Making Money Online

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tahoecale, Dec 19, 2012.

Can you start making money online today?
    Yes, and no 1 way to do this is to simply get a affiliate url from just about any big site. and spam it everywhere you can, craigslist, facebook, blogs, ect.. I have done it you will make money today just not paid today takes about 30 days average. So you can make money today just not paid today.......

Can you get paid today?
    No, i think the fastest would be 2 weeks. i have seen sites that do the paid to click, and pay out faster like 2 days but 99% are scams so beware!

Does fiverr work to make money?
    Yes, it really does i made an account selling custom WP themes and sold about 2 a day and that was the first week. The more feedback i got the faster they sold. i also did about 20 other gigs all together i made about $500 the first month. In the end i stopped, because it was not worth the time spent for the $ earned... Almost 50% of the people who purchased expected the world for the $5 they spent. But it does work and you can make money on it just if you look at the time spent verses the money earned its crap....on fiverr you only get $4 of the $5 and you get paid via paypal so more fees...... in the end its not too good......

Can i get 1000s of hits a day?
    No, most people think they are going to get 1000s of hits a day this is a dream.... but it can come true but its going to take a ton of money spent on advertisement or 1000s of hours doing what you should be doing SEO, blog commenting, blog creating, ect,ect.....

Does google adsense work?
    Yes, but only for the best of the best.... For an example your website gets 100,000 hits a day you will earn about $5 a month.... The only way affiliate advertising like this works is if you get clicks on your advertisement. Views alone will get you nothing.... You must work your advertisement into your blog/website

Does PPA affiliate marketing work?
    Yes, I used a site called MaxBounty they offer many products, one was supplements paying $40 per action. so i made a site about supplements i added at the end of each post a link to buy the supplement. I made about $200 a month and that was from about 12 hits a day on the traffic side..... So remember 1000s of hits mean nothing you only need 12 hits a day to make $200 a month. But these hits were from really good referrals like google searching for my keyword or supplement blogs i was commenting on.

Can you make money on youtube?
    Yes, but the money is very hard to get. From what i know, the lowest i have seen is $0.91 per 1000 views and up to $3.50 per 1000 views. But getting the views is the hard part. You need to have videos people, one want to watch and search for, plus you need subscribers this is big key to success. If you have a large subscriber count like say 500,000 you will get about 100,000 views just for making a video = about $500-$2000 just for that one video.... but again that's with 500,000 subscribers.... how do you get there? you post good videos people want to watch there 100s of ways.....

Does drop shipping work?
    No maybe 2 people in the world make money from running a site that sells items and profits from just using a drop shipper. They have a been doing it for years and years don't waste your time its a scam.

Can i start my own website store and sell my "stuff"
    Yes, but you will need to know a few things.
    1. Your need to know your not going to sell ipod's or anything close to popular people buy from big names like ebay and amazon. Don't waste your time.
    2. You need to be on google for your key word. if you sell wooden ear plugs you need to be ranked on google to anyone who googles wooden ear plugs....
    3. You need have global payments relying only on the USA will hurt you a lot. You need world wide sales. and just so you know paypal is blocked from a ton of places.
    4. You need to do your research if you selling something do research on who else is, and do you want to compete with them? can you? are there prices better? if so stop don't waste your time.

Do i need a website to make money?
    No, i first started making money online without a website. i used referral codes and posted them on everywhere i could.....

Do free websites like wordpress work?
    Yes, i have used free wordpress sites to get affiliate sales. some even rank on google within a few days for the keyword.

Does live chat help your sales?
    Yes, 100% i have tested it over and over and i now run a live chat on all my website. This provides confidence to the user, your sales will go up.

Feel free to elaborate.

tahoecale, Dec 19, 2012 IP
    Winagain likes this.
  2. GrowMyForumCommunity

GrowMyForumCommunity Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I earn money without spending money online?

Yes and No.

Yes because there are some people who did it. They just invested their time and effort and they have tons of luck with them.
    No because nowadays, spending some is needed for you to get your desired results faster.

If I spend money online, will it guarantee success of gaining more?

No.

Spending money online will not guarantee someone to gain money or to have their money back. They should also invest their money wisely. They should know how to take advantage of what they bought online.

GrowMyForumCommunity, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  3. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, people can find places to make money same day or immediately, through freelancing. Paypal makes it easy for direct parties to negotiate a transaction and pay for it very quickly.

Yes, defacto dropshipping is (inconsistently) happening, as there are always situations where you can find items selling low, that you can conduct arbitrage with by selling on eBay, Craigslist or in the offline world for more money, and have the site ship the item directly to the end buyer.

melprise, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  4. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do free websites like wordpress work?
    Yes, i have used free wordpress sites to get affiliate sales. some even rank on google within a few days for the keyword.

Free wordpress blogs do not allow affiliate links.

funmom91, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  5. rollwithsoul15

rollwithsoul15 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree with everything tahoecale said. To sum it all up: it takes hard work, dedication and time to make any sort of real consistent profit online. If you're looking to make money right now, go get a job at mcdonalds, or win the lottery.

rollwithsoul15, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  6. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on that one. It is not an overnight thing. Most people believe, because is the internet, the money is going to be made quick.

It takes time and a lot of patience to see the results you are after.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  7. Linking-Service

Linking-Service Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, it will be known if it was easy to make a good living out of internet that easily. It requires good efforts & investment in the long run and the result isn't certain.

Linking-Service, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  8. sparrowhill

sparrowhill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of words of wisdom from the OP

Its work unless you get real lucky

sparrowhill, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  9. JoeSlade

JoeSlade Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So after reading your post what would you exactly suggest as a viable means to spend your time on? My list building has made me some good money. It can be effective but if you plan on building a list in a non Internet Marketing niche understand getting traffic to your squeeze page will be a bit more work. If you're in the IM industry there are some methods to building your list a bit quicker.

JoeSlade, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  10. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips for newbies. It's good to know what can you really expect when you are starting.

Winagain, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  11. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anything worth while, creates patience, and continuos effort, so people who are expecting any immediate income, I say carefully look at what your doing to make that "money".

James Byun, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  12. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quite helpful... thanks!I do have to say though that my one free wp site got terminated by wp - yes it had affiliate links. Just a warning...What are your views on twitter? Pinterest?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    higherluv, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  13. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Terminated from google? Twitter, and other social media outlets are a great way to go, if you know how to be "social" then spam.

James Byun, Jan 16, 2013 IP