1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Ideas to make my Blog go Viral?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 3DR, Dec 18, 2012.

I run a blog that is similar to TextsFromLastNight, SMDS, FMYLIFE, etc but with a completely different subject and method of delivery. So far it has 1,058 likes on Facebook, but traffic to the main site is very low. It has good potential as everyone who comes to the site tells me how hilarious it is. But I thought things go viral by people sharing them, and very rarely are the posting being shared, yet people keep liking the page. I also have a following on Twitter of only 34.

3DR, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  2. Holzger

Holzger Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you ever thought about maybe creating some fun videos to go along with your content. Something like "This is how we imagined this text to originate." Should be a nice incentive to come back to your blog.

Best wishes,
    Holzger of weka-sauna-holzprofi24.de

Holzger, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  3. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While spamming is frowned upon, I think linking to your site from reddit (fully disclose that you own the site and get a catchy headline) should help. Redditors don't frown about self-promotion as long as the content is awesome and disclosure is made. But don't overdo it, you are going to get banned. If your content is really awesome, it is going to be shared by other redditors from next time.

XooX, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  4. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    People don't share posts. They share pictures. You should watermark your pics, add them to your fanpage wall and TELL people to LIKE and SHARE if they laughed; or something like that....

Give them a call to action..

DennisKnows, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  5. sargey18

sargey18 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey

conect your blog to your facebook page and use social media for the advertising

post viral videos, tag people in pictures

join like minded groups and pages that are similar to your blog and post here for maximum traffic

hope this helps

sargey18, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  6. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is being one of the first to post something catchy and news-worthy. If it is something not many people have heard of or read in the news about, then you are likely to have a viral post if you market it correctly... meaning post on reddit like it was said and some other social sites. Also, if you have a big Facebook/Twitter following it could really make something go viral. Just my 2 cents.

Spawned, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  7. VisionaryWebDesigns

VisionaryWebDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try out some of these techniques

VisionaryWebDesigns, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  8. jlcs

jlcs Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing your blog can't spread viral because you just rely on one traffic - FB
    You should go various way to get traffic like article directories, press release, social bookmark, youtube and many...

jlcs, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  9. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    Have an interesting post, a topic that is very hot.

kinnethharring, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  10. sparkah

sparkah Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, write a blog post that's the equivalent of Gangnam Style on Youtube.

bob. I produce videos on Dangerous Google SEO secrets -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZcykUNUg8

sparkah, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  11. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I second with picture suggestion. I have more than 100 picture that have my watermark on it go viral on facebook. My site get a very good traffic.

handsome guy, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  12. digital-man

digital-man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With all these techniques , you can also try other general techniques such as blog posting, social bookmarking etc.

digital-man, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  13. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Understand the limits of going viral. It's a good idea to get this straight before getting too excited

war_machine, Dec 20, 2012 IP