1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bounce rate And Plugins

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by curse, Dec 6, 2012.

Hello i'm using on my website outbrain( is a plugin like linkwithin nerelated etc) and a lot of people use it surfing my website alot! But my bounce rate is still very high and around 90%.

Then i noticed that those kind of plugins don't keep people on wbesite, but make it run out and than redirect them to my website.

So i'm asking 1 simple question, these plugins really increase bounce rate? Because in my opinion when you get redirected out to outbrain webesite is a bounce.

I'm wrong?

Thank you all Rob

curse, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  2. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not so sure about the relation between the plugin and the bounce rate. Bounce rate depends on the quality of your content and how interesting they are. So, check on that section for it.

jipolis7, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  3. curse

curse Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, but the point, is that if a person stay on your website more, your bouncerate get lower. So those plugins should act in that way( the more they surf, thhe less they leave), but i noticed they do a redirect to the main site, to come back to your site

curse, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  4. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, if they are getting redirected to a different website that will probably count as a bounce.

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  5. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, you are right...

andersonsjohn, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. curse

curse Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for delay, the plugin i'm talking about is this outbrain.com

edit:

I noticed that those plugins, like linkwithin outbrain etc,all do a redirect 301, so i think this should be a bounce.

But i'm not sure at 100%

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    curse, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  7. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Some plugins (the ones that really slow down your site) can cause hikes in bouncing, because visitors get bored waiting for the page to load, and click the 'back' button. They can also get you in trouble with your host, because they slow down a shared server.

Remember to check regularly that your sites are loading in acceptable times, and if they aren't find out why.

PassGoSEO, Dec 16, 2012 IP