1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO, a trick?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by holkapolka, Dec 9, 2012.

I have this theory of that rankings increase the more people search for the domain of your site. Like mywebsite.com on google - Maybe, not sure.. Is there a way of doing massive searches on google with different ips for each search?

holkapolka, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  2. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting theory. Haven't really heard that one before...but I suppose it makes sense. Are you basing this on any sort of data, or is this just a gut feeling?

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  3. holkapolka

holkapolka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just a theory

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    holkapolka, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  4. edamvoges

edamvoges Peon

Best Answers:
    That is really an interesting theory and can be very helpful for people to increase traffic to website. I think this will be one more service such as SEO services. Today, many people move to SEO business, so this is good news especially for them.

edamvoges, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  5. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    That was a very useful theory which helps to increase the backlinks.

andersonsjohn, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  6. redchillies

redchillies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the domain has high authority you could try to spam it a bit with bookmarks,high pr comments etc and see how it works.

redchillies, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  7. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably not.
    If someone knows your domain, the chance of them searching for it is very slim instead of just typing it in to the URL field instantly.
    It would be a very unstable thing to base search results on and therefore I HIGHLY doubt it contributes even the slightest to SERPs.

Wulkanen, Dec 15, 2012 IP
    Yosif likes this.
  8. Yosif

Yosif Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting theory and it makes sense to me also. But I am not sure that Google takes it in consideration. It requires a lot of resources to keep a database on each search of a domain with the IP of the guy who searched it. And besides if you know the domain name why would you put it in Google not directly in your browser this might sound fishy to the hawks in Google (they see all) :D. It seems to me that this is a lot of work to do by Google for a thing that can be easily manipulated. But as I said again I am not sure may be they take it in consideration because it really makes sense.

Yosif, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  9. bigbblover

bigbblover Member

Best Answers:
    Of course its true, google like good branded sites

bigbblover, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  10. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rankings usually increase when your website or one of its pages become the landing page for a particular set of of related queries in the Search Engine. It depends on how your site is optimized for that keyword apart from many other things. Though your theory is interesting and needs to be be analysed and tested against sets of different sites.
    As for as the second thing is concerned regarding massive searches, it surely is black hat technique and not very difficult for search engines to detect over a period of time, especially Google has got much smarter over that. It boils down to the fact that anything which does not bring good user experience stands defected in the eyes of the search engine and is highly likely to be detected.

traxport121, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Here's a thought. Why not actually build a brand/community instead of trying to trick google? You would be wasting your time doing this.

dcristo, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  12. fly26

fly26 Member

Best Answers:
    When people type a domain name eg "cars wikipedia", the query tells Google that people trust that site. Google has also made it clear lately that they are looking for brands.

fly26, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  13. Bhushan123

Bhushan123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its is very interesting theory....Thanks for sharing...

Bhushan123, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  14. ripon1

ripon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me how to much money from online by seo?

ripon1, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  15. ripon1

ripon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me the best way to learn seo.

ripon1, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  16. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    1. Avoid using dynamic urls like ?php.laf1jljjajfa for your web pages; instead use static pages. If possible, give keywords in your web page names relevant to content of the page separating them with hyphens or underscores. For example, seo-company.html. Also, give title of it under <a title=""> and fill it with keyword related to that content page. The whole process is called link optimization.

2. Use as many as Heading tags (h1 to h6) you can use. Make content of your website as per heading, subheadings format so that your site can get more appearance in search engines. H1 - H3 are most important for website.

3. Wherever you use image tag (img src), always use alt tags in it also. Fill this with keyword related to your page's content. It is called image optimization.

4. Make sure that you're not using content that is already there on the web. If it so, try to change the content related to your business. If possible, hire freelancer or professional content writer who can write fresh content for your website.

5 Submit your website in all 3 major search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN.

9. After submitting your website in search engines, you'll need to make a sitemap for search engines in xml format. xml-sitemaps (dot) com provides you this facility absolutely free. Generate your free website's sitemap and submit it in all search engines using their webmaster accounts.

Elfen Lied, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  17. ripon1

ripon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the best way of the link building?

ripon1, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  18. ripon1

ripon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    How to learn joomla in a proper way?

ripon1, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  19. chetan261992

chetan261992 Member

Best Answers:
    Probably something is going wrong in your optimization ..

chetan261992, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  20. Brianjohnson

Brianjohnson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Main seo tricks are to get more back links.

Brianjohnson, Dec 28, 2012 IP