1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building list is a MUST! Lesson learned after 5 years!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by blogaboutnothin, Dec 5, 2012.

I used to ignore the internet marketers that say the same old cliche "the money is in the list" ... I took it as a joke for the last 5 years. Turns out... they are right all along! If you're going to make money online, then build up that list, get a good autoresponder with nice followup messages, and build the relationship with the people!

blogaboutnothin, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    You are right my friend.

The very first thing you do when you start this business is BUILD YOUR LIST. You need to focus your energy and soul in building your list first, imagine how much money you could have made in the last five years, if you had built your list since the first day you started this business.

At least you learned a lesson the hard way. Many people here, do not learn and quit.

Before we start this business, we need to learn a few skills that are going to define or establish our success or failure.

There are many people out there, trying to make a full time living off this business without knowing the fundamemtals or the basics of this business.

I always advice people to get a mentor or join a membership site, where they can learn from those who are more experienced in this business to succeed and become champions in the online world.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. natattack06

natattack06 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well said. Patience is the key to many virtues, even online wealth :)

natattack06, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  4. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right, Gianni, learning from guru is the best way. You will be on the right track and see the result in short term.

rith, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  5. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    It is definitely worth doing for online marketing and money making.
    Let this be a lesson to everybody as well...

johnrone, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's so true! I ignored it too for about 2-3 years...big mistake! I used to hear them say it everywhere "the money's in the list"...I was like shut up why do I need an email list. It's the number one thing you need to do as an online business owner. Thanks for reminding everyone!

ninjamtlt1, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  7. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.

So now that you have learned that "lesson" what are you actually doing to build that list?

My excuse is that I want to make enough money just as an affiliate to make my own product. Then? I will build a list.

davetrebas, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  8. shaunbaird73

shaunbaird73 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes yes yes... list building is key and critical to ensure growth of your business. Tried it myself 6 years ago and gained a few thousand subscribers, and then promptly burned that list by promoting stuff all the time.. that was a painful lesson to learn. Currently rebuilding and giving superior quality content.

Shaun

shaunbaird73, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  9. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right building network with your target audience when you are into online business is a must in this lucrative industry. Yes, a list of the plan for your success is the key in achieving your goal. This is exactly what you need to stay in the business as long as you like.

iandille101, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  10. SD12

SD12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right, it's essential. You are throwing money in the trash if you actually ARE succeeding at selling online and making money and not building a list while doing it. When I first got started I also just passed it over because I just wanted to worry about CASHING IN RIGHT THEN instead of thinking ahead. I learned my lesson though! Build a list..you'll regret it if you don't.

SD12, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  11. tfhe

tfhe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you for your valuable advice

tfhe, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  12. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes the money is always in the list .. ALWAYS

andreayton, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  13. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont understand what do you mean by list ? list of what.
    Can anyone clarify an example of list ?
    BTW, Im beginner here just wanna know some information about Internet marketing and how can I start it from the beginning .. what should I do first ?

winas_ben, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  14. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By a list, he means a list of subscribers that have opted-in to receive email updates from him. This way he can send out emails about products that he is promoting, and he can build a sustainable traffic base.

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  15. seriousmny

seriousmny Peon

Best Answers:
    I must admit, I let technicalities get in my way when it came to my autoresponder. I hated going into Aweber and setting it up. Chalk this up to doggone laziness, but laziness gets you no money.

I learned how to use my Aweber account and how to set up an optin form to build my list. The first thing on my list now when setting up a blog or website is getting that optin form up on the site and an offer to entice people to sign up to my list.

Now with the entrance of Fiverr.com, there is no excuse. If you don't know how to do something, outsource it to someone who does, but get moving on your business plan and don't let that stop you from progressing forward. A whole year has gone past and it seemed like it went at light speed.

I too like many of you wish in hindsight that I pursued building a list sooner, but isn't it great we finally caught the vision and got started on our lists?

A lot of people think making money is just as easy as putting up a website, but there is more involved in creating a business that is sustainable and has longevity.

seriousmny, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  16. wordpressdev

wordpressdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So true. Whatever you are offering on your website, building a list is a MUST. I have pushed myself into building a list, although not earning from it yet.

I am also using Aweber, and loving it.

wordpressdev, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  17. imrockstar

imrockstar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advices.

imrockstar, Jan 14, 2013 IP