1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective are forum signatures with respect to website marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by XooX, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're right. I probably was a bit extreme when I said that it must be completely relevant to the forum.

What I should have said was that you will get more clicks if your link is specific to the main "idea" or "niche" of the forum.

Thanks for the correction.

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  2. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not sure, whether the signatures bring much traffic to the website, at least from DigitalPoint. But still there is a possibility that your opponent will notice your signature and check your homepage. Here are some simple rules you should follow while creating your signature: 1. Use your keywords in the beginning of signature text. 2. Create the attractive signature slogan. 3. Post into the right place.

Anastasiya1989, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  3. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First and foremost your posts have to make sense to a lot of people for them to even notice your signature. If you write one-liners and disappear no one will care about your signature.

The signature link should have a good title which should appeal to people. If you keep asking how to earn money and your signature says "learn how to make $10000 in one week" you are making a joke about yourself.

emvy548, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  4. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And sadly, this is becoming very common, not only in this forum but in others as well.

It's classic: You'll see a person post a thread asking how to build a list, and they've created a product called "How to Get 10,000 Subscribers in a Day!".

This is why there are so many horrible products out there; people with no experience throw together something they learned after an hour of Google search, and they try to sell it. Such a shame!

jakejoh10, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  5. cazmoen

cazmoen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on your reputation in the forum but at the same time not many will be interested to click your signature link. Every once in a while someone might thats it.

cazmoen, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  6. rebirthmediagroup

rebirthmediagroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Signatures have really helped me out a lot. I can't imagine generating the traffic that I get without them.

rebirthmediagroup, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  7. Rinzo

Rinzo Member

Best Answers:
    If it comes to generating traffic to sites (not SEO), a signature will be effective
    if you put it in forums that are related to your niche. Also you have to give good
    contribution to the forums to build trust.

Rinzo, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  8. Samwisesam

Samwisesam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. After all if you put a link to a product on weight loss on an internet marketing forum I shouldn't think you're going to get a lot of visitors, (unless it's PLR/ Master resale rights), as opposed to say a guide on post penguin SEO.

Samwisesam, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  9. interservermike

interservermike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think signatures are helpful though, if you have a good content in your post and an attractive signature, it can also lure your prospects to open your site and check out what you have to serve them,. :)

interservermike, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  10. sharppotato

sharppotato Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It gets you clicks but does usually not generate leads unless you are known as a trusted user with a great selling product or what not.

sharppotato, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  11. mitchelleb

mitchelleb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you jake for your explanation about forum signature.

mitchelleb, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  12. johntyler1228

johntyler1228 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    signature link are very important to grow your keword ranking, but here on DP all signature are nofollow, so i think it is not helping much,

johntyler1228, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  13. Benefit4all

Benefit4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Great insight to signature links here. Thanks everyone for your input. I am researching signature links.

Benefit4all, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  14. beoding

beoding Peon

Best Answers:
    Put a link in the signature on forums marketing, is an alternative way to bring in visitors. In this way we are also able to advertise directly to the target buyer.

beoding, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  15. violaman81

violaman81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's the secret sauce:

If you provide good content, people will click.

Like someone else said, no follow links are worthless, but I think the biggest test is if your signature is a well targeted message to a well targeted audience.

That's what really matters at the end of the day. Message, media, market. Oh that's right...an oldy but a goody. Still works. :)

violaman81, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  16. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they do. You can still get targeted traffic from nofollow links, I've got a fair bit of traffic from this site after starting valuable threads and replying with quality posts.

MinimalBlog, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  17. Seriously

Seriously Member

Best Answers:
    While it wont send PR our way, how much is a thread post likely to send anyway?

Again, besides everyone here being saints and just helping out our fellow person, dont you need both do follow and no follow links for a natural Google profile? Perhaps thats where this comes in a little bit. Its like charity work really.

Seriously, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  18. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nofollow links are pretty useful in enhancing the crawling rate of your site. Nofollow links are just not provided PR-love. Otherwise, Google can still see them. And the more it sees them while crawling other sites, the more frequently it is going to crawl your site.

XooX, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  19. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But don't you think on a niche like 'internet marketing', every other forum poster has a website and so your 'advertisement' may not be serving the purpose as sufficiently as on say a fitness blog or any other non-tech niche?

XooX, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  20. Andy147

Andy147 Peon

Best Answers:
    As with everything, if you are sincere and offer genuine advice to help and do so consistently over many threads and over a sustained period of time then people will automatically click your link to see if they can learn more from you. So traffic wise it is definitely worth doing.
    It's not rocket science and all successful business owners make sure they treat all people they encounter well, as they could be a potential customer and people tell others about you. As with all the methods of making money online in whatever niche it is, it's how you go about doing it that is important.

Andy147, Dec 16, 2012 IP