1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips to get your e-mails open

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Gianni Palazzo, Dec 9, 2012.

Having a large mailing list in your auto-responder is good and self-rewarding, but if your subscribers never open your e-mails and read them, you will never achieve what you want in your business. You want your list to be active, responsive, engaged with your content. You want your list to open your e-mails, read them, and take action.

When I get e-mails in my inbox, I always look forward to receive e-mails from well known marketers who are devoted to deliver over the top content in their e-mails. When I get e-mails from these marketers, I always open their e-mails craving for their content and knowledge of wisdom.

What I am about to give you is a list of simple steps to make your list more responsive, and active when it comes to open your e-mails.

1. Give your subscribers a good reason to read or open your letters or e-mails

Do not sell all the time, if you send e-mails where you sell all the time and nothig else, your list will not take you seriously. After sometime they will loose interest in you and in your content, and that is the last thing you want to happen to you and your business.
    Instead of selling, why don't you educate them, why don't you give them the best of yourself, after all, they subscribed because they want something of value from you.If you sell over and over, they will probably unsubscribe or simple they will delete your e-mails because they find no value in them. Give them a good reason to read your letters, make them crave for your letters week after week, throw in your letter a little of your magic in it, make them tasty and more importantly interesting to them.
    I am not saying you should not sell in your letters, of course you should, that is the idea of it, but at the same time you should educate them and build a reputation of trust with your list before you start selling. When you focus all your energy in delivering good value and exceeding peoples' expectations, the sales and anything else will come your way automatically without you thinking about it.
    Remember one thing, content is the king in the online and off-line world. If your content or the service you provide satisfy the needs of your clients or customers, you will be in business for years to come.

2. Your subject line should be interesting

You subject line should be short, eye catching, interesting, and not misleading to the readers' eye. If you subject line says " 3 tips to save money" your letter content should be about 3 tips to save money and not mislead the reader into " 5 easy ways to stay healthy". It is amazing how many marketers mislead their readers into something they are not interested in to make a sell out of them. Do not fall in that type of mistake. It will not get you anywhere.

3. Be brief in what you have to say.

When you e-mail your subscribers try to be brief and to the point, everybody is busy out there, life is hectic sometimes, nobody wants to read a long e-mail that is going to take long time to read, unless you are retired already. Keep things simple, and short when it comes to put across your valuable content to your subscribers.
    Another thing to remember, do not try to be clever, do not use complicated words that only you can understand, simple plain language would do the job for your subscribers to take action and learn from you.

I hope this article helps you a little bit to write better e-mails to your subscribers.

Do not forget to post your comments below.

All the best.

Gianni.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    Gianni Palazzo, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips, there's no point in email marketing if you can't get people to click your emails open :)

ninjamtlt1, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  3. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great post.

There is no use in email marketing if your email gets sent straight to the trash. I agree that having a catchy subject line is very important.

jakejoh10, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  4. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent tips provide for email open.

newlogo, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  5. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some good tips here. I would go further though and tell people to test their subject lines. Sometime a subject line with no detail actually does the best. Frank Kern, for instance, uses the subject line "Hey" which does very well for him.

I myself have used some subject lines that don't really give away whats inside the email and they perform quite well.

The most important part is intrigue and interest. Get the click, then let the email copy do the rest.

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. service provider

service provider Member

Best Answers:
    Ya some good tips but can u help me in email marketing ...whats the best

service provider, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  7. Cassie K

Cassie K Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your nice tips.

Cassie K, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing as hardsell tools no longer a good choice anymore and you start to see that they start to link them to landing page or blog or article only start to convert them to sales. Email should not include price unless the promo is really attractive and high demand.

From my end, i notice that by placing their name infront before subject will get better open rate compare to subject without showing their name.

JerrickYeoh, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  9. johnaustin9

johnaustin9 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this useful information! Hope that you will continue with the kind of stuff you are doing.

johnaustin9, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  10. serraniche

serraniche Member

Best Answers:
    tks for the tips, excellent primer for email marketing.

So many ways to make money on the internet but i think email marketing is still the King,
    the best evidence is the amount of email we receive daily.

as you said in #2 , the most important thing is the email headline,
    we need to make sure that it captures attention, engages curiosity and
    more importantly, calls them to open the email.

When i write an email, always follow AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action).
    A good source for quality emails examples lies in our own email box, don't delete emails that call your attention and spark your interest.

best wishes!

serraniche, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  11. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email content is essential, but getting people to actually open your email is a hurdle many marketers find hard to overcome. A deep understanding of your target audience, their needs and habits, can be key in creating an effective email marketing strategy that produces high open rates. Here are our 4 tips to get more email opens when doing email marketing: 1) Send more targeted emails, 2) Test your times of sending, 3) Use better subject lines, 4) Rethink your name.

Anastasiya1989, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  12. hostonjonh

hostonjonh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share tip dear,
    But tip is very long. Please so short..

hostonjonh, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  13. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely.

It is essential to have some idea of what your subscriber wants, before you start sending them emails. This is why having a targeted list is so crucial. If you know the type of people who are on your list, and you know what they want, it will be much easier to build a relationship and trust; which will eventually lead to more sales.

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  14. Rinzo

Rinzo Member

Best Answers:
    I myself learn from some interesting email subjects that I receive a lot everyday. If an incoming email subject can grab my attention then I will copy the method.

Rinzo, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  15. zimzalabim

zimzalabim Active Member

Best Answers:
    The subject line is a key consideration. Though I'd suggest that another is the relationship built with your subscribers - in other words they know that you only email them about good stuff, valuable content and look forward to your occasional emails.

If they have comes to know and trust you from being on your list then you should enjoy a good open rate.

zimzalabim, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  16. gtopawb

gtopawb Peon

Best Answers:
    Some good tips here. I would go further though and tell people to test their subject lines. Sometime a subject line with no detail actually does the best. Frank Kern, for instance, uses the subject line "Hey" which does very well for him.

gtopawb, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  17. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also the time you send out emails is important too...

i notice a lot of gurus send out in the mornings.... Catch the early risers

DennisKnows, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  18. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My gratitude for your tips. I was really looking for such a compilation.

Bigbash, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  19. roshanjonah

roshanjonah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great tips...sure to follow. We use Email It - Email Marketing Software...Really affordable and great service. These tips and great software should do just the right job for getting more customers. Thanks for sharing.

roshanjonah, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  20. e-life

e-life Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice sharing. To make the emails open is quite important for email marketing. The subject is the first factor to be considered. It should be interesting and professional and make your customers feel the mail can benefit them judging from the subject. And you'd better send bulk emails to the targeted customers. In that way, we can make effective email marketing.

e-life, Dec 30, 2012 IP