1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How should I promote a funny pictures website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lukey372, Nov 27, 2012.

1. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try using specific keywords for all images and videos you have on your website. Upload your videos to youtube and again provide specific keywords for the video. This will attract more traffic All social media websites are excellent ways to get a video to go viral. And, use basic SEO to promote your website.

war_machine, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  2. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    [FONT=Liberation Serif, Times New Roman, serif]Use social networks ( create Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter pages) and forums, review and PR websites, create a demo (video or slide show). Your project seems nice, it would be great to make a mobile version for it in future. [/FONT]

Anastasiya1989, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you actually read my thread you would have seen I already have social media accounts open. I also have a mobile version of my website if you actually were to visit it on your mobile. In future please read the thread thoroughly before you comment.

Regards,
    Luke

lukey372, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  4. Kashan Ahmer

Kashan Ahmer Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is the best place to promote your site. I also have a funny pictures site and i am earning $200 a day. i got all traffic from facebook.

Kashan Ahmer, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  5. Odoscandies

Odoscandies Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO all the way. I'd promote via Facebook because people tend to like pictures there. The question is what do you do once promoted?

Odoscandies, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  6. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

What else you can do is to pay attention to SEO (Use Keywords in Hyperlinks and Headers, Create a Site Map etc.), Online Advertising (Banners, Sponsorships, Advertising, Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC), Landing Pages), Content Marketing (Great Content Writing, Email and Mailing Lists, Press and News Releases), Social Media Marketing (Social Media Strategy, Blogs , Video Syndication).

Anastasiya1989, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  7. nybart

nybart Member

Best Answers:
    when I promoted one of my websites tiwwas(dot)com which was about the same thing I posted it on sites that showed sites similar to it even though they were really shaddy.

nybart, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  8. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Pinterest is the best tool to promote the images.

rashida, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try make your image be creative and touch with what happen in real life and share and submit to site like 9gag and you also can exchange funny image and video together.
    You also can try youtube which people like to search on it with funny topic in youtube.

JerrickYeoh, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  10. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    You could try SlideShare.net and e-mail signature they might help you to increase the number of visitors to your site.

Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Gianni Palazzo, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  11. skyhoby

skyhoby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is the best social media platform that can send lots of visitors to your website. All you have to do is share your funny picture web pages urls in the Facebook and try to promote it with the help of your friends. Having more friends in your account will be an added advantage in getting even more visitors.

skyhoby, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  12. WeLoveServers

WeLoveServers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On forums, post around and leave it in your signature. That's a free way that works :)

WeLoveServers, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  13. animedbsellersz

animedbsellersz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the truth is social media is the only one you can get a traffic, SEO? its not really compatible since Funny sites used a random Titles on each pages

you know 9gag is the only source :),
    one tip you can watermark your images and post it to 9gag
    image must be freaking funny so other users will share/like it will go on Hot Features page
    do it on other site like damnlol,funnymama,memecenter,goodmeme etc etc
    then wait for traffic

animedbsellersz, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  14. Rastler

Rastler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try pay per post - you're paying bloggers for a post about your website. They can post some funny stuff from your website and write "found it here, very cool website, go there everyday bla-bla-bla..."

Rastler, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  15. deepak.pal

deepak.pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to promote this website is social media like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. But you already know these and want some more ways to do so. YOu should make your images with alt tag and provide descriptive tag instead of smaller tags, your website certainly will make in Google Images. One of the strongest plateform to promote your images are Flickr. Make a profile for your website on Flickr and post some images and engage users via groups.

deepak.pal, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  16. 1KLIKE

1KLIKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is the place I think a funny pictures website will go Viral. People love seeing those things and engaging if it's funny enough.

1KLIKE, Dec 11, 2012 IP