1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static HTML page VS CMS

Discussion in 'Programming' started by AndyLaw, Oct 16, 2012.

Hi,

I was planning to rebuild my site and wondering what would be better solution here, to use some kind of CMS like worpdress or joomla for my project or simply use static HTML pages like I do now.

As for static HTML, it is hard to update sometimes, but as I use 3 languages,and planning to add more in the future - I am not sure if it is a good idea to create new CMS for each new language?

AndyLaw, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  2. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are CMS systems that support the use of multiple languages so my opinion is to get a good CMS!

EricBruggema, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  3. Host Volt

Host Volt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd also go with a CMS over static HTML, because it's a lot easier to update the web pages than to always go into your HTML and manually change code and re-upload all the time... So in your case, if you update often, I'd suggest you get a good CMS too!

Host Volt, Oct 28, 2012 IP
  4. navigator10

navigator10 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have the website only to display the same information all the time just use static HTML if you want to be able to add new information quick and easy you need to use CMS

navigator10, Oct 28, 2012 IP
    Rukbat likes this.
  5. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    HTML creates web site structure and CSS use its make stylish and attractive.

WordPress is an excellent open source web publishing system or content management system (CMS). Your will install this inside your control panel hosting and is typically installed with the press of a button in Fantastic or with something like Simple Scripts. Currently WordPress is one of the most popular web blogging software.

msherry, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  6. ggiindia

ggiindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content management systems always are the better option than using static HTML which is hard to develop after lot of working.
    CMS like wordpress and joomla are so easy to use with little knowledge about languages.

ggiindia, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look around at OpenSourceCMS. You can try out almost 300 different CMS systems.

Rukbat, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  8. isha189

isha189 Member

Best Answers:
    Go with CMS and i prefer Drupal. There are lots of benefits to using drupal, once you use it you will be in love with it. :)

isha189, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  9. nicksteve32

nicksteve32 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think HTML is good good option to but website but it should SEO friendly.

nicksteve32, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  10. msherry

msherry Peon

Best Answers:
    The most popular CMS (Content Management System) on the webs today is WordPress making website creation very simple. Your will install this inside your control panel hosting and is typically installed with the press of a button in Fantastic or with something like Simple Scripts. Currently WordPress is one of the most popular web blogging software. It is the most common choice for blog users because it provides:

Ease of use and versatility
    . WordPress is suitable for just about anybody - from the absolute novice to the advanced programmer.

Feature-rich interface
    . WordPress has a rich text editor with advanced multimedia support;

Expandable
    WordPress’s community distributes a large number of modules for almost any popular website feature.

Open Source
    . It is free to install and use Wordpress for your site.

msherry, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to consider a middle-ground. There's what's called a "poor man's CMS" which provides many of the same functions as a CMS except that the content for each page is edited as a static file. In some ways you can end up with a 'best of both worlds' scenario as you've still got raw control over your content, you can still easily reskin the site and have a theming system, and you can do all sorts of fancy things like 'one index.php to rule them all'.

It also keeps your back-end code simple enough you can belt out your own system in a day.

If you're gun-shy of a full CMS, or just think the off the shelf answers are all crap thanks to them shoving idiotic BS markup down your throat proving the people behind systems like turdpress or boomla have no business writing HTML or CSS in the first place, it's a good answer. Use just enough PHP (or language of choice) to simplify the job of hooking together all the stuff that should be automated, while still maintaining the low-level control.

deathshadow, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  12. akshayrao

akshayrao Peon

Best Answers:
    go for CMS

akshayrao, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  13. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    CMS better than HTML ,
    no coding,just customization and no tense of security.

lolpasslol, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  14. JohnMckay

JohnMckay Member

Best Answers:
    You should go with CMS as you can easily manage content and if you are planning to get site on different languages then now days every CMS provides multiple language support. But with HTML you can't even do that. So my suggestion go with CMS.

JohnMckay, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  15. osjoe2

osjoe2 Peon

Best Answers:
    A CMS can take away lots of headaches that come with building your own pages by scratch. Also, a CMS should have Valid HTML and CSS.

osjoe2, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  16. redboy73

redboy73 Member

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely go with a CMS. I orginally built one of my early sites using just static HTML pages and found it to be a real hassle to maintain. I converted the site over to WordPress last year and it was one of the best decisions I've made!

redboy73, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use WordPress as a CMS for smaller projects. It's great and makes it easy to add pages on the fly.

NetStar, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  18. nicksteve32

nicksteve32 Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is best for creating the website which and it is also good for SEO.

nicksteve32, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  19. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    According to me, Content Management System is better for building a website.

josefaryan, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  20. yachi_5

yachi_5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to your requirement, cms is the best option for your website. You will find various plugins which will solve your multi language problem. CMS will save your efforts and time.

yachi_5, Dec 10, 2012 IP