1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Mods to VB6 Desktop Software App

Discussion in 'Programming' started by TriciaAbney, Dec 6, 2012.

I had someone on this forum build this for me a few years ago and I need some changes to it now.

This is a simple desktop software app built in VB6 that does calculations that were pulled from a website (I have all of the source files).

Screenshot_3.jpg

It is branded for 2 information products that I have and these are the changes that I need done:

• A couple of adjustments on the design of the 2 current ones (just making the banners smaller as they are hiding some of the text).
    • A new branded version for a new Fish Farming Guide that I have coming out soon.
    • A Generic Version of the Software (not branded at all) as I would like to look into having someone convert this to a Mobile App for ios and android. (this will be a separate post later)
    • The addition of about 4 more calculations to the software (I have the urls to pull these from).

Let me know what you would charge to do something like this and the turnaround time. Thanks! :)

TriciaAbney, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  2. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wow...that really looks good. Hope the developer would see this..

jonrod, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  3. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello.

I can perform the tasks but can't quote a fee at this time as I would need to know exactly what it does.

"I need done:"

"A couple of adjustments on the design of the 2 current ones (just making the banners smaller as they are hiding some of the text)."
    I have a licensed copy of Visual Basic 6 Professional. I can do that.

"A new branded version for a new Fish Farming Guide that I have coming out soon."

I'm a professional Windows developer with licensed copies of both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012. I'm fluent in C#,VB.NET and VB6.
    I use WPF to provide a nice user interface.
    I've published numerous commercial desktop software applications. I can accomplish this task.

"A Generic Version of the Software (not branded at all) as I would like to look into having someone convert this to a Mobile App for ios and android. (this will be a separate post later)"
    I can create the generic version, not the Android application without much investigation. I can create a Windows 8 Store compatible version if desired.

"The addition of about 4 more calculations to the software (I have the urls to pull these from)."
    I'm very experienced with network, web service (WSDL, WCF etc) programming. This will not be a problem.

I'm in the same state and always give my clients the option to converse via phone or skype. Communication will not be a problem.
    Since I live in the US I cannot offer rates of those in countries such as India etc but my rates are more than fair considering my education and professional experience in the field.

DaveInFL, Dec 7, 2012 IP