1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digitalpoint is far better than the warrior forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mahjongs, Nov 13, 2012.

Hello, Im new to the digitalpoint forum and already I see that this is a great forum.
    I used to be a member of the stupid warrior forum for abit to learn about seo, and i feel that by using that rubbish forum i came to have the wrong impression on what seo is about and how to do seo and internet marketing.
    The warrior forum is basically a mass of rubbish posts repeated and rewritten over and over again by nothing more than bots trying to increase their post counts.
    Already looking at the digital point forum i see that this forum covers alot more aspects of internet marketing and people are not just posting for the sake of posting.

So Thumbs up to digital point:D

(whats with the whole warrior thing it's just stupid name and concept for 8 year olds)

mahjongs, Nov 13, 2012 IP
    Joshie and ryan_uk like this.
  2. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For your kind information members who are registered in warrior forums are also member of DP from long time. I like Dp the most because people here are to help each other and not always to create an ebook "become a millionaire over night" but mostly i see people encouraging there fellow mates to involve more into what they are doing to earn money to increase there sales.

imranamen6, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many ppl on DP promote on Warrior. I am a little intimidated by Warrior as it seems difficult to get in the click of things there. Also, I think you have to pay 20 bucks to post a sales thread. I disagree that the site is garbage or made for 8 year old :D. I do like DP, time tested and still here, but I'm having a really hard time getting a job on here lately.

Karen May Jones, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I remember reading an article on Search Engine Watch and the author wrote about DigitalPoint:

"This forum has been around for ages and has almost 50,000 active members. As always, you have to watch who you listen to but if you've got question, ask here and you'll get answers."

I have to agree about "watch who you listen to" (people are still spouting SEO from 1990s/early 2000s, or writing very generic replies that sometimes don't even relate to the question or stupid tinfoil hat SEO), but for some reason I like this place and keep coming back. Although during my time away from here, I learnt more about SEO and understand what I had previously done (and even recommended) was wrong. Despite that, it's the only SEO/webmaster forum that has held my interest for more than five minutes.

ryan_uk, Nov 15, 2012 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Having actually found Digital Point via Warrior Forums myself, I can definitely say that I believe the community here is much better... There aren't as many low quality posts and copy & pasted threads here at Digital Point than there are at Warrior Forums and some other forums. There also aren't very many scammers here at DP in comparison to other sites, from what I've seen.

EvanP, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol..You must be joking.. this place is full of scammers, just be very careful if you use the BST section, scammers hang around there like vultures..

malky66, Nov 16, 2012 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yeah, to echo what malky66 said, there are scammers, like on any forum/trading/business site. Most of them are stupid and easy to spot, but some are a bit more crafty. It's always worth spending time doing due diligence. It might annoy some people, to the point they even make threads about you complaining (at least one site seller did about me :D), but don't stop being careful anyway as it's better safe than sorry.

ryan_uk, Nov 16, 2012 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  8. Nawshale

Nawshale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am new to Digital Point, all I can say is this forum is nicer than others.
    I am thinking of the scammers and bad people here. How can they make scams in the thread?
    I know that scammers are not that many as good people here. :)

Nawshale, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP:)

It's fair to say this forum does have its fair share of scammers and thieves, but there are also a lot of decent people here too.
    Its so easy to be anonymous when doing business on the internet so you rarely know exactly who you are doing business with, Just make sure you do as much research into who you are dealing with (Sometimes a simple Google search of someones username will tell you all you need to know about them and how trustworthy they are) and exercise due diligence when doing business with anyone and you can minimize the risk of being ripped off.

malky66, Dec 7, 2012 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  10. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why is this thread in the suggestions section?

Is the thread creator having any account issues on here?

Any questions about the features?

snakeair, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Suggestions and feedback.

ryan_uk, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  12. A_ManojKumar

A_ManojKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. Warrior forum is much more complicated :p Not pleasing to my eyes :D

A_ManojKumar, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  13. rallenk

rallenk Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, both serve the same purpose. Warrior Forum does place a heavier emphasis on making money, however, the extra $35 for the Private room is a steal when you see what is in it.

rallenk, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  14. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Warrior forum is better in my opinion. It does not have that much amount of spam and useless noobish posts DP has.. Dp used to be a very informative forum but that time has gone past.

laxman363, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  15. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I belong to both. The Warrior Forum, to me, is a little intimidating with a lot of their posts beyond me. I have bought a number of their special offers, but have posted very little there and have been a member since 2005.

Digital Point is much friendlier and newbie oriented.

davetrebas, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Since they pay $40 to list each WSO, I'm suspicious that the sales threads might be moderated to weed out negative comments. I've seen products with 100% positive reviews, that honestly, are not very good. "Wow, that's a game changer!" "OMG, this is incredible, I'm so excited to use this!!" And look at almost all of their sales copy. The bolded letters, yellow highlights, red marks..."I'm a millionaire. I'm going to show you how to be one too....OVERNIGHT!!!" (Okay, I made that headline up. But they all kind of sound that way to me). :)

Rebecca, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not a member there, but I feel like their entire site revolves around teaching others how, "They too can quit their job and make millions!", and in the end their "method" of making millions is selling an eBook to people telling people that they should write an eBook and sell it. hah

Kind of silly in the end... although maybe more sad for the people who are struggling in life and waste their money on hope and buy into it. lol

I mean I wouldn't say the average Digital Point user as an Internet millionaire, but compare overall demographics (as defined by Quantcast) of WF users to DP users, and you see a pattern...

Digital Point:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warrior Forum:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warrior Forum users tend to be *very* old and poor... probably the ones who are desperate because they actually *need* to figure out how to make extra money.

digitalpoint, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  18. Kyliemeg

Kyliemeg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I started to join the forum a week or so ago and the minute that I realized that I had to pay to start with...I backed right on outta there. I choose to be a member and get a feel for a place and the people there before I start dishing out money.

Kyliemeg, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  19. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ironically, I just ran across some Matt Cutts memes... lol

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  20. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that DP, is losing alot of quality and that the moderators are not as strict and firm as they use to be back in 06 and 07. There seems to be alot of junk around along with non moderated posts etc. In comparison i have always liked DP more but warrior forum is much cleaner in the sense that , things are moderated and quality of posts are better then DP as for right now it also looks like traffic has dropped drastically on DP and increased vastly on WF.

If only it was easier to reach Shawn, i would love to have a conversation with him for 10 mins regarding something's i have noticed here over the last 7 years that i have been around.

Get at me SHAWN! :)

P.S (Posted this like 1hr+ ago) still no replies, from other members. Back in 06 this would have been flooded with comments etc. Sad to see alot of traffic/views have dropped for DP.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    501, Dec 13, 2012 IP