1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Links Wheel Dead Now

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rajendarb, Dec 6, 2012.

I was think to build a link wheel for my site.
    but i read that now link wheel are dead
    Is it true guys

rajendarb, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  2. simseo

simseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No. Link wheel is an advanced link building technique in SEO. The effectiveness of the link wheel depends on how organic the pattern is. SEO experts believe that, link wheels should not be framed to trick the search engines but should include a natural flow from one site to another.

The usage of link wheel strategy is a controversial topic. While it is true that black hat methods of creating a link wheel could harm the rankings of the parent website, ethical and organically formed link wheels have proven to have no adverse effect. Most of the organic link wheels would not be identified as a pattern created just for promoting a website. Instead, the flow of links would keep the readers interested.

simseo, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  3. icecube media

icecube media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link Wheel is an outdated technique,falls in the category of spamming.So,using of it is not meaningful after the recent penguin update.

icecube media, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  4. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    No, i am not agree.Link wheel is not dead.It is very effective technique.

sharma.gaurav, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  5. swathi_r96

swathi_r96 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think so, for me Link wheeling works well and got immediate results in a very short span of time as well. The thing is, how ethically you do the link wheel is the important concept here.

swathi_r96, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  6. misteroram01

misteroram01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, after penguin update its dead now.

misteroram01, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  7. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link wheels are a great way to build links to your site as well as increase your page's relevance for your target keyword. These days an open link wheel is better than closed ones because they are more difficult to detect by search engines.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  8. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    Link wheel looks good but I would rather have the option at a higher price to get all articles unique and not spun. This is my image and my product your talking about here. I want quality.

Elfen Lied, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  9. BongaCash

BongaCash Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Link wheels are not dead, but if you are going to use only this technique it won't lead you anywhere. Get some articles from trusted websites from your niche, it still works.

BongaCash, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  10. bharathiseo88

bharathiseo88 Member

Best Answers:
    what is open and closed link wheel?

bharathiseo88, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, from where I am standing! People have tried to evolve the system so as to leave fewer footprints. They tried using all unique articles instead of some spinned content, keeping the loop open, complicating the interlinking (I wonder what made them think that they can create something that will puzzle a computer program), not creating all the spokes at once etc. Also there have been slight variations of link wheel like ‘link pyramids’ and ‘blog wheels’ (I love these names:D) but eventually Google will know it all!

war_machine, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  12. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all.

Link wheels are still very much working. However they generally include a LOT of low quality spam links in them which is what Google is currently targeting.

I suggest staying away from them for that sole reason.

Since 2002 when i started doing seo high page rank backlinks have always ranked websites. Granted its pricey but you get results and if you build your own High Pr Private network you really can't go wrong friends.

I suggest everyone starts doing this asap.

gotlinks, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  13. spiralclick

spiralclick Guest

Best Answers:
    There would be different opinions....

But Take it this way....

Spam Links => Link Wheels => Produces Spam Results

Quality Contextual Links => Link Wheels on Good Sites => Produces Good Results and Effective in SEO

spiralclick, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  14. eugenefarber

eugenefarber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link Wheels are far from dead.

What's dead is "Spammy" link wheels. They used to work and then Google released an update to penalize linking they deemed unnatural - which happened to be a lot of spammy link wheels.

If you really think about what "Link Wheel" actually, then you realize that they can occur naturally when you create and promote great content. So to say that they are dead is as plain out false. If Link Wheels were dead then there would be no point in trying to create content.

So again, if you do it right, it can still be very effective.

eugenefarber, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  15. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how the link wheel is built and if they appear to be natural. There are systems from some marketing gurus that can automate the process.

Google and other search engines are constantly evolving to present the user with the best experience. They track things and keep history of things. If it appears to be unnatural or blackhat, they will penalize by lower rangings.

davetrebas, Dec 9, 2012 IP