1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do followers on Twitter respond to your tweets?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by zoogalaclassifieds, Dec 4, 2012.

Hi members

I have a Twitter account which I use only for my classifieds site. When I tweet updates and offers or promote my site no one responds.I only tweet once a week or so. Does this happen to anyone else? I was never a big fan of Twitter of Facebook to begin with. Just signed up to promote my site. Twitter is supposed to be a network for interacting with people following you. I just see a bunch of tweets come through from followers but no one really responds back to each other for that matter. People are just having one person conversations. Any suggestions or input would be great

Thanks

zoogalaclassifieds, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  2. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends how you have got those followers. If they are really fan of yours, they would probably follow each of your moves, otherwise, it is more like heyyy Google, I have followers!

freeadstime, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  3. LynnKerr

LynnKerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Most Twitter users don't want to be marketed to. They are there to learn, connect with others who interest ad entertain them and to have real conversations. Try ad find some Twitter users that are also in your niche and seem to have more interaction and see how they are using Twitter.

LynnKerr, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  4. Whisper9999

Whisper9999 Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a about 125,000 followers and when I post a link to my forum, I will see a flood of 70-100 visitors show up on my forum. I get about the same number of hits back to my site. This is a soft sell, though, because my site has ways of making money but where I send them is not a sales landing page. You have to be careful not to pump them for cash: they expect information first. You have to prove you are worthy and then they will consider buying from you...

Whisper9999, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  5. RayGaloo

RayGaloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well agree that depends how you get follower... if you have real people (people with same interests ) than problem can be your post (1 per week) you should be more consistent .. I do tweets about SEO and Social Media Marketing.. don't have zilion followers but those who i have on every tweets i see some clicks some mentions or some retweets ( i post every 2h lets say ) ... For autoposting you can use buffer application .. (easy and simple)

RayGaloo, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    >>> I agree. Marketing in Twitter can be tricky, and it's not easy to gather a following. The best way to go about it is to engage your followers by sharing interesting articles or images. It does not have to be necessarily on your site, as long as it is something that will capture their attention enough so that they will also go and re-tweet it. You can also try asking questions to engage them as well as share your experiences. For example, if your niche is on losing weight, you can tweet "3rd day of my Paleo Diet. So tough to stick to!How do you guys keep fit during the holidays?".

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  7. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think you really need a twitter handle for your business/website?

Check out your targeted customer and where they spend most of their time and also see if they want you on twitter?

I have seen many businesses building up their twitter profile but end up spending valued time for no use. I always recommend businesses owners to ask themselves do i really need an twitter account?

And if you really do, then have patience, keep sharing quality tweets with your followers, use the @ option and try to interact with them. Follow back your followers and engaged with themHope this helps :)

seo-first, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  8. dirk041

dirk041 Active Member

Best Answers:
    get more follower..
    many people who offer these services..

dirk041, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  9. Techz SEO

Techz SEO Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I have 10K twitter followers and almost half of them are replying to my tweets. But I have many fakes followers and I admit that's bad for advertising :) If you want more twitter followers with targeted country try my signature

Techz SEO, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  10. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, if you post relevant and attractive posts! you will get response, but you got to have patience, it does take time!

promowebeveron, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  11. FBLikeShop

FBLikeShop Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are popular and have many followers that are interested in what you have to say it is possible!

FBLikeShop, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  12. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, if you have good, interesting and helpful tweets then they might be respond to it.

kinnethharring, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  13. Tessa Holmes

Tessa Holmes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Twitter marketing was abused couple years ago and people got less interested in following messages in Twitter now. I can imagine that you still can send traffic to your site for some relevant articles, thought.

Tessa Holmes, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  14. eddied1990

eddied1990 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter is the second best choice for marketing your website if you know how to gain followers. the best way is to buy real followers or do gain twitter followers by using #hashtags i have over 400k followers nad get 400 visits a day from twitter alone.

eddied1990, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  15. Alexgw

Alexgw Guest

Best Answers:
    First question, are you sure your Twitter followers are genuine ? If most of the Twitter followers are fake profiles created for the sake of marketing, no one can expect any reply from them.

In my experience, I get replies from only those who are actually known to me. Very rarely someone who is not known to me responds to my Tweets. That also not for any sales promotion but for informational tweets. You may think, the time you are spending for tweets and increasing twitter followers really worth.

Otherwise you change the strategy by tweeting funny or informational tweets and leading them to your business page.

Alexgw, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  16. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter has been part of the internet marketing nowadays. It can be used for promotional purposes, because it can really helps to improve your website's presence, thus, additional traffic. I've also read some article that twitter and facebook can now affect search engine rankings. I'm still a bit confused about it, but as per my opinion it really helps in SEO work.

arindamdutta16, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  17. bobbyt

bobbyt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have 450+ followers on Twitter. Out of those probably about 400 are individual accounts (not of a site or company), but not many reply to my questions. There are occassional private messages and mentions, especially from those who had their tweets retweeted by me. Then again, once in a blue moon, I would get free plugging from random person (makes me wonder what good deeds have I done to deserve this).

Probably you just have to deal with this, twitter is still more of a self promotion community rather than a interactive and responsive one. Or maybe as suggested by many here, get more genuine followers, preferably within similar niche and with similar interests. Still, I'm putting my money that Facebook crowd is much more responsive than tweeters.

bobbyt, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  18. marketable

marketable Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter member responses about my post depending on the popularity , most of the time I do not get enough response according the number of followers I have.

marketable, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  19. zoogalaclassifieds

zoogalaclassifieds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi DP members,

Thanks for the advice and tips. I never purchased followers. All followers are natural click to follow. All appear to be real.

zoogalaclassifieds, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  20. thedarkest1666

thedarkest1666 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I run about 10 Twitter accounts for clients simultaneously and we only market to, and engage, genuine Twitter users who would find out tweets, offers or products relevant and useful. Once you are using Twitter effectively you should notice a massive engagement in your tweets and that will lead to a funnel to the site, and a high conversion, as these are pre qualified leads.

If we tweet 30 - 50 tweets a day, we gain on average 150 Twitter followers, who RT and engage on almost every tweet 10 - 50 times depending on the nature of the Tweet.

I personally find it an excellent traffic source to sell product to people. When used effectively.

thedarkest1666, Dec 8, 2012 IP