1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You need someone to hold you accountable....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DennisKnows, Dec 5, 2012.

Have you ever kicked yourself because you didn't get something done that you wanted to do...

That's because we suck at being accountable for our own actions. To go against that is like walking on fire...

It's best to get whats called an accountability partner; someone who you mastermind with weekly and discuss
    your goals for the week.

I have a buddy of mines who stays on me about different projects I'm doing.. When I say I didn't finish it really feels bad...

It's like looking in the mirror and seeing the ugliest image of yourself; maybe you with a big FAILURE stamp on your head...

Either way, it's not a good feeling when you slack off and there's someone there to get on your case about it...

DennisKnows, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It would appear that you need to build a work ethic. Having to rely on others to motivate you is a blueprint for failure. One ought to have pride in ones work and that should be enough.
    I am a type A perfectionist and am quite hard on myself and those who have the misfortune to work alongside me but...things do get done in a timely fashion.
    Also another important motivator is that I happen to like making money.:)

Spoiltdiva, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    True that could be a problem but even with work ethic it's good to have like minded friends who are there to check on you. This comes from successful internet marketers. Not something I'm just throwing out for the same of typing.. Lol

And perfectionists always work too hard.. They don't like to seek help because only they know how to do it right. I know because I was one and though I was making money i wasn't FREE. ultimate goal is freedom of time. Money is just a additive to this lifestyle.

I don't personally know you or how you run your business but I hope you're happy. That's the ultimate goal.

DennisKnows, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  4. Sophia G

Sophia G Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that's a good idea, especially for those of us just starting out who are not making money yet. Having someone to offer encouragement and support when nothing seems to be working is a real help.

Sophia G, Dec 5, 2012 IP
    DennisKnows likes this.
  5. emsie

emsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep i have to agree there, it does help or better again having someone as interested as making money online as you are is also great cause you can both motivate each other with new ideas and so on :)

emsie, Dec 5, 2012 IP
    DennisKnows likes this.
  6. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    Although it comes down to your own willpower and motivation, I will say that being held accountable is a great way to stick with something.

Whenever you're starting something - tell everyone. For example "I'm going to start playing guitar!", 1 year later when you see that person again, you don't want to look stupid when the ask you how your guitar playing is going.

MinimalBlog, Dec 5, 2012 IP
    DennisKnows likes this.
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Motivation and willpower are the key to success in anything we start in life. Many people come to this business thinking because is the web, they are going to be making money overnight.

They do not realize this is a business. It takes time and a lot of effort to build it from scratch. Many people quit this business, because they do not see resultls straight away, which is wrong.

Like any other business, there are a few skills that need to be learned to start making money online. It is essential to understand the process of making money online, to suceed in the long run.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 5, 2012 IP
    DennisKnows likes this.
  8. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    Being accountable is like being responsible. And if you need someone to hold you accountable could mean you are not responsible enough...
    And it would appear that you are still dependent of others, say your friends or someone dear to you.
    You might as well try to work on that.

johnrone, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  9. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep you need someone to give you a kick in the arse sometimes and get you off your butt :) Gotta stay focused and driven. :)

ninjamtlt1, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  10. DennisKnows

Best Answers:
    Prefect example.... I was telling one of my friends a while back how I was making a lot of money online. He asked how much and I said about a thousand a month.

Immediately he tore into me like "that's no money! You have to think bigger"

He was right. That was marketing money. Nothing to brag about... Becaude of him saying that, I now see the bigger picture...

DennisKnows, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  11. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a regular job, your boss holds you accountable for showing up on time and doing your work.

If you are self employed, you just need to be a better boss. Mine is a real bastard, making me stay focused and work long hours.

Having a really big goal that excites you also helps...

davetrebas, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  12. Tessa Holmes

Tessa Holmes Peon

Best Answers:
    It could be great to have somebody to 'bounce your ideas' off and to see some reaction on your actions. An accountability partner could be pretty useful - it is like looking at the situation from another point of view. It often helps.

Tessa Holmes, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  13. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    You also want an accountability partner that will be positive and inspiring. You could also have someone as a couch. They could also be an accountability partner as well.

One thing I have seen is someone announce in a forum post that they are going to do a certain thing and then record their progress in the post thread. Such as "My progress report on making $100 per day". They report their activities and progress and are cheered on by the post subscribers. I have seen some that go on for months.

davetrebas, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  14. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometimes we just need other people’s opinion to check whether what we are doing are still ethical or not, especially in the world of business. These minded people could be a co-worker, staff, friend, family or relatives. They will be there to check on you and your activities.

iandille101, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  15. DennisKnows

Best Answers:
    Exactly... It helps out a lot sometimes..

Yea I have a friend who when i want to really get something done, I'll tell him to stay on me. I have a strong work ethic but it always helps to have someone push you further...

yea sorta like a case study where other visitors can critique them on way way to can improve. that definitely helps.. Guys aren't going to give away their secrets but they love to flex their IM muscle...

DennisKnows, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  16. SD12

SD12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely a great idea if you have a hard time motivating yourself. Once you really start succeeding self-motivation is much easier. Once you've proven it to yourself, you know your time working on something is well spent.

SD12, Dec 12, 2012 IP