1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

W3C validation problem with Rich Snippets code?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by skseofleet, Jan 15, 2012.

Hello webmasters,

I am facing problem with schema.org validation from 14-01-2012, I am using schema.org from last 2 months with my web pages, before this all is fine but from 14-01-2012, it show me an error when i go to check for validation after completing my page. The error code is below..
    Line 113, Column 82: Attribute itemscope not allowed on element div at this point.

…v class="leftplanbox" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ColdFusionHosting">

Attributes for element div:
    Global attributes

please feedback as early as possible, I don't know that the wrong with this...

skseofleet, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  2. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    For one, there is no schema for "http://schema.org/ColdFusionHosting". Did you make that up? Second, I know that the W3C is rather picky. Did you try your validation with itemscope and itemtype before everything else in the div? Also, any open tags, quotes, and sometimes foreign languages can screw up the validation. I found removing scripts, php, foreign languages and checking for quotes usually fixes problems the validator claims to be there, that really aren't.

xira, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  3. skseofleet

skseofleet Peon

Best Answers:
    Xira, i know there is not any type of "coldfusion". It was my mistake that i cleared. I often use the itemscope and itemtype in div and other elements of html tags to markup. Then everything is fine. I don't know about any other validation tool. Is here any other validation tool ? Is it big problem or can be ignored?

skseofleet, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  4. agadirweb

agadirweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Please if you find a solution, share it with us, i have the some problem.

agadirweb, Dec 5, 2012 IP