1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any other politics forum that you can recommend?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe gworld had a valid argument. The subject of a 'new world' was suitable for P&R imho. Just the same as an Amish community or westborough or cult would be.

Bushranger, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Except for the fact he was fishing for backlinks and asking people to go to the website to see what it was about. If he just wanted to talk about the idea, it belonged here in P&R. Since he was obviously interested in promoting the website and getting a backlink it belonged in website reviews. Either way, who gives a shit? He has been banned for being offensive so many times it is not worth a moments thought.

browntwn, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    If it was about backlinks then it would have been the same effect where it got moved too so I don't think he woulda been so upset, however i'm over it. Just don't like everyone kicking him when he's down. Not as if he can stand up for himself eh.

4. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Dude, he is an abusive hypocrite. The guy claims to be an atheist but gets hard-on when it comes to Islamic Jihad.

The Webmaster, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    The guy gets people talking, brings in new ideas, gets people coming back to argue his points, good for DP imho. - I haven't seen gworld in "attack-mode" for at least a year.

And when he is in attack-mode, he abuses the right people. :) Not sure what he's got on robjones, who has been quietly sitting on the sidelines the last few years, but, the rest seem to deserve what they get from him. :)

If the idea is looking after DP as a thank-you payback for providing us free business web services then gworld is a needed part of this community imho. Too bad the mods don't see that.

6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The guy is a pure troll. I practically fell out of my chair when I saw him presenting an actual argument in the last two weeks. Very out of character for him. It usually takes him two or three posts to resort to name calling or some other sort of childishness.

Personally, I don't mind GWorld or his incessant trolling. He is easy to ignore. He screwed the pooch when he started whining about the movement of his thread and managed to insult the admin's and mods repetitively. Darwin's theory at work again.

Did you even read the link on the "Tomorrow City" website thread he started? It was a laughable template website with a paragraph or two of content across the whole site.

Obamanation, Dec 4, 2012 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  7. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I understand and agree the mods have the final say and it's up to us to stick by certain rules. I never saw anything that deserved a ban however I'm aware other things could have happened too.

No, I wasn't THAT interested LoL, but that's not the point. I read the thread when it was posted here and didn't see anything odd until it disappeared.

FTR: I believe once you get a group of more than 20 people to start something good someone is sure to stuff it up and noone ends up driving it. It fills of corruption as people work towards their own ends. Just like political parties and unions. People have their own mind. For me the best thing is to work with what we got rather than try start afresh.

8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny you mention, he did seem to write a lot about sex change. But recently his posts were just one insult after another, not contributing. I ended up just sort of zipping quickly past him - that degree of hatred, intolerance, and bigotry is just toxic.

At this point, I think this is the 3rd time I've seen gworld banned. Does that mean it's a six month ban?

Insulting the mods is just stupid. It's hypocritical for him to repeatedly cross the line, while hypocritically demanding that others mindlessly stick to HIS own interpretation of the rules.

And as someone who has moderated online for over ten years, including a 20K+ member LinkedIn group,I can tell you that there reaches a point where a member just becomes WAY too much work and exceeds the Mod's "bullshit point".

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Corwin, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  9. Kyliemeg

Kyliemeg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoy the more "moderated" forums. Good luck

Kyliemeg, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  10. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Yeah, he gets his act together for a while once he hit 6-8 infractions, just to avoid getting banned but couldn't keep it that way for long.. He looses it soon enough to be slapped with enough infractions to get banned..

Right people? He attacks anyone who happens to have a different point of view than him.. And if you think that 'rest deserve what they got from him', then sadly you are a lost case too.. It is said - don't judge people if you don't wish to be judged. Also, it is funny that 'rest' are still here, well and healthy. while Julian is sulking in his dungeon, whining how unfair life has been to him, throwing punches in the air..

LOL, there are plenty of members who actually 'contribute' to this community, with this 'community' being a community of webmasters and professionals. P&R is just a garbage dump..

Well, I have him on ignore since who knows when!! Pretty sure I didn't miss anything good...

The Webmaster, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  11. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    He doesn't attack as such, he disagrees. He gets as good as he gives. Then when ppl attack him he attacks back. Look at every attack and you'll see it was provoked in some way, or the result of long-standing emnity. He has a standiing disagreement with a couple of members in particular and I think it's funny reading the interactions, from both sides well some of them at least.

I celebrate our differences. Sometimes I admire his resolve. Pushing uphill most times but he gets his point across. Anyway, I've said my piece on it, i'm over it.

gworld, if you're out there, stay safe dude.

Bushranger, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He brings something to a forum much like a man with a raging case of gonnorhea brings something to a marriage.

He's kidding about seeking another forum. This one's perfect for him. Most would permanently ban him (and many have). This one quietly ignores the fact that over half his posts are infraction-worthy. When he eventually hits 10, he gets a short ban, but they always let him return. He loves the attention, and no other admin would put up with him. He should kiss DPs feet.

robjones, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Corwin, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  14. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Okay, like me, gworld knows you don't NEED Christianity, at all. Like the Quran it has subverted people's relationship with God. So what you see as an attack on your religion I see it as truth, gworld's truth. Whilst I know there IS a God gworld doesn't. With all the deviate priests, particularly the Catholics, he responded. We have you saying 'it's all about love'. Even I don't believe THAT.

General Electric loves washing machines, but it's all about making money, not LOVE.

Bushranger, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  15. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    lol, I have seen enough of him, how do you he is in my ignore list? If you believe disagreeing with someone means name calling, then yeah, you are spot on..

The Webmaster, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stop. You are WRONG. Sorry, but you've proven that you don't understand the subject.

I am a Christian. But I am NOT religious and I personally do not believe in religion. The fact that you do not understand religion or Christianity embarasses yourself and proves your argument is worthless. But please, entertain us with your ignorance!

And here you show your bigotry. Bigotry is when you take the worst characteristics of a tiny minority, and you paint the majority with those characteristics. That is the bigotry you show.

Less than one-half of 1% of the world's priests, ministers, rabbis, etc. were found to be engaging in immoral homosexual activity with children. Only 4% of the 110,000 active U.S. Catholic priests were accused of sexual misconduct, and when you remove the baseless claims looking for a payout that dwindles down to 1%.

Does that justify ignoring how organized religion clothes the world's poor, feeds the sick, and cares for the dying? Would you rather those people suffer? Would you? Why would you ignore the relief they receive? Why? Should missionaries pack up and go home? "Let the poor die", is that your mantra? But please, entertain us with your ignorance!

Because I'm sure you are incapable of researching this matter, here's something to counteract your bigotry. Took me 15 seconds to find it. It's from Newsweek:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/04/07/mean-men.html
    "Experts disagree on the rate of sexual abuse among the general American male population, but...the rate of abuse by Catholic priests is not higher than these national estimates"

Some police are regularly found to be corrupt. Should we disband police departments?

"...a Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll found that 64 percent of those queried thought Catholic priests 'frequently'' abused children. Yet experts say there's simply no data to support the claim at all. No formal comparative study has ever broken down child sexual abuse by denomination, and only the Catholic Church has released detailed data about its own."
    The 64% figure is clear - Bushie, you're just part of the herd! Moo for me?

So now, Bushie, if I see you spout some figure or bullshit that can EASILY be disproven by a 30-second Google search, I will assume that you have surrendered yet another debate. Go ahead! Please, entertain us with your ignorance.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Corwin, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  17. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good research Corwin: If you read the report it cites academic studies plus widespread coverage from insurance companies....and for them its all about the dollars. The data certainly provides me with clarity on a topic about which I only had vague notions, and would have tended to emphasize the abuses.

On a totally different perspective though, those abuse cases have some other elements that may make them "seemingly more heinous"

1. The religious leaders are probably considered "More Likely" to be trustworthy. Hence when the abuse occurs it seems worse.
    2. In certain cases wherein religious leaders have abused kids the institutions protect the abusers rather than the abused. That also makes it seem worse.

but the data is very interesting and in light of no contrary data one would assume no difference in abuse rates.

Nice find, Corwin.

As to GWorld:

He had dm'd me way before being banned asking if I would repost the piece about the planned city. I thought about it and agreed to do so. A mod had wanted it moved. Frankly I thought it was a valid P & R topic. In dm'ing I reminded him he had direct insulted me, at least once. though to tell the truth I couldn't recall the topic. I think he did.

There were times I laughed at his attacks....but at other times it got real tired real quick. IMHO it contributed to discussions denigrating to worthlessness...although certainly he isn't/or wasn't the only participant.

Where I sensed that the attacks went out of line was when I found out he was engaged in those same attacks on Rebecca, who may have strong opinions on a variety of topics but seems to be always civil.

If I were him, I'd find a different forum and start fresh.

earlpearl, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bet a buck it was a veiled self-promo, just based on the fact he actually tried to engage Browntown in a discussion of the topic instead of his traditional fece-tossing when BT enters a convo. A few years of moderating/administering forums kinda makes certain things trip the radar. Not that I care here, he's someone else's problem.

As for him actually finding a new place to play, for reasons already mentioned I think he's outta luck there. He knows Shawn's the only one that'll keep letting him come back. Damn few admins would put up with the frequent displays of crass childishness like this place does. I've never seen anyone get booted that many times, which is saying something given I've been in three forums where Menj used to play.

robjones, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  19. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know. He sent a dm asking if I'd post it. I told him I'd consider it; emailed him back that I had studied "urban planning" when I was in college, yada yada. I honestly don't know if he was self promoting it or not, nor do I give a sh1t.

On a lot of issues, I might not have agreed w/ him but I may have tended to be on a similar side. On some issues I was definitely on an opposite side. He definitely dropped down into personal attacks too often...hit me up once on it. But what surprised me was he pulled that cr@p on Rebecca, and IMHO she doesn't not go personal slime or on personal attacks at all. So if he pulled it on her he was probably pulling it on everyone. Just my opinion fwiw.

yeah...to tell the truth I don't give a rats @ss.

earlpearl, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  20. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earl, I write as someone who was emotionally abused by the Church. Went to a seminary, St. Albert's Prep Seminary in NY. Thought I wanted to be a priest, but for most like me, not Irish and not gay, they made it damned difficult for us so most left after only one year. I support the good works the Catholic Church does. Intellectually I know that my experience wasn't typical, but emotionally I hold a grudge.

IMO gworld is a disturbed individual. It's easy to project onto faceless people online, and yeah, I vented in counter-attack too, but gworld's posts betrayed a deep disturbance and I confess sometimes I didn't help. His posts became simply toxic. I'm an upbeat, optimistic person that learned that what I read and see is as important to my health as what I eat. Reading gworld's posts just became unhealthy.

OTOH, maybe I'm just being more Christian than the Catholic Church, just out of spite :)

Corwin, Dec 6, 2012 IP