1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why i need to unfollow people on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by lapidus, Dec 3, 2012.

Ok folks i am little bit confused about people who i follow and people who are my followers.

Everybody want to have lot of Followers on they Twitter account,ok that is fine. But i was try something and then i can't get it.

Example : If i have 500 followers and 500 people which i following, then i unfollow 500 following people and i can't see nobody on my wall to post anything. How is that possible?

I mean if i have already 500 followers i must see their posts and they can see my posts? When i have 0 following, and 500 followers why i can't see posts from my 500 followers on my wall?

After that i again start to have following people and then i see posts on my wall . Confused total.

Please just correct answer because i not understand why is this happening Thanks folks

lapidus, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is simple. If you unfollow someone you won't see their tweets in your timeline anymore. They will be able to see your tweets unless they unfollow you or you block them.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    Devtard, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  3. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Devtard now i can understand little.

Ok let make this to be very clear.

If i have 500 followers and i have 0 following i will not see any post on my timeline,but what is with a posts from my followers?

Why i can't see posts on my Time line from my followers (500 of them) ?

Did then my 500 followers can see my posts on my timeline if i have 0 following?

lapidus, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot see their posts - they are following you but you are not following them. Your followers can see your tweets.

Devtard, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  5. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Devtard but i am following my Followers 500 of them. How i can't see a posts from my followers on my timeline then. When i erase people who i follow to 0 then i can't see my followers posts which i follow already, 500 of them.

lapidus, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  6. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, now I am not really sure that I understand what you mean, a screenshot might make the situation more clear.

Devtard, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  7. Nawshale

Nawshale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Lapidus! I think I got your query.

I believe the reason why you are not seeing any posts at all is that you have un followed your followers making you see 0 posts.
    However, If you're going to create a post or a number of them, your followers will still see the posts that you have posted while you won't see theirs.

If you are really interested in reading peoples tweets then better follow people that you'd like to read tweets from. If you do not follow any then you won't be able to read any.
    If you would like people to see your posts, make sure the people you would like to read your posts are following you or at least have connection to your account at least through 1 or 2 degree of friends.

Hope this helps. :)
    Let me know if it does.
    Cheers!

Nawshale, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  8. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a bit clear how twitter works shortly it's:

Followers = you can't read their tweets
    Following = you can read their tweets

Another thing be sure that if you start following people to get followers but then decide to unfollow these people you can be sure that one by one they will unfollow your account

IG2010, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  9. Maurice Reese

Maurice Reese Peon

Best Answers:
    yes if you have followers and they not following you back then make sure you unfollow them. That way you have room to at more follower. Key is to make sure that you provide some great content to the people that is following you.

Maurice Reese, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  10. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    If they don't have the same POI as you, what's the point of following them. It's as simple as that.

nufox, Dec 4, 2012 IP