1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference in ranking in google.com and google.co.in

Discussion in 'Google' started by virha, Dec 4, 2012.

Hello Guys,

There are some keywords in my site which are ranking good in google.co.in but not at all ranking in google.com from last few months.Could you let me know the ways which i can implement on for ranking in google.com as well.Could you share some free link building strategies which are working wonders nowadays in SEO.

And how we use GWT in SEO

virha, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    This may be mainly because your site has either .in extension, either is related to Indian products ....
    Try also checking in webmaster tools, you need to check there which country you wish to target.
    It may also be, because of your web hosting, if it's located in India.

imfusa, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  3. virha

virha Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya the products are indian and the hosting is also india but my client wants to get into the ranking in google.com also.Could you suggest how can we do that

virha, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    each location got its on ranking. google has global and local rankings.
    for you rank well locally, you can perform some on-page optimization for the locality. usually this involves putting in location address and so on.

webcosmo, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  5. virha

virha Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you please explain to me in deatail.I am ranking good locally(google.co.in) but not at all getting ranked in google.com.Please help me in that

virha, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'll start with: your client's business plan is unrealistic.

The company is Indian. The hosting is in India and presumably it's a .in domain. The client wants to rank for USA results in one of the most competitive industries? It's unrealistic (and an unfair expectation on you).

Your client needs to take a look at how webhosts are promoting (not spamming, but representing their brand) their services and building relationships on webhostingtalking.com and other popular forums for webhosting. This is going to be one way to get customers, but it will require serious effort. A good reputation and image (no spamming, that includes with SEO) needs to be built. First class customer-service is a must, or your client is going to be outed.

Build up from there, become multi-location, etc.

Unless you have a giant pile of cash, then there's always PPC and establishing a presence in the USA.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  7. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    Strategies remains the same, not ranking in.com means you need more quality backlinks to compete with existing ranked websites.

Almost all features of GWT are useful from SEO Perspective, from Indexing issues to crawl rate to html improvements all directly or indirectly help in SEO.

seo-first, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  8. Web Master 007

Web Master 007 Member

Best Answers:
    country domains are preffered for a search from that country only.
    If you want to make your site list good from all the countries.
    Go for .com or .net domains

Web Master 007, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  9. virha

virha Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man.But could you tell me how GWT is used for SEO strategies.I have never used it personally...

virha, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  10. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my point of view, you are still in need of gathering more quality backlinks for your site. And they should be better than existing listed pages have. I think this is why google neglecting your site in first page. Lets try and be patient till goolge's next crawling.

coakleylincoln, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  11. agadirweb

agadirweb Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the some issue also with Google place too.

agadirweb, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  12. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    Following are the few important features of GWT. I do not want to explain you all the benefits rather i would recommend you to play with it and discover its true potential. And yes, GWT's all features are important for SEO.

• Allows you to submit sitemap ( Submitting sitemap will help Google discover your website faster)
    • Crawl Status ( Google will report you in case they were unable to crawl your website, damn important for SEO that Google crawl our website daily)
    • Each and every function under "Health Tab" are important including fetch as Google, malware and index status
    • Under optimization lays one important feature "HTML Improvement"- pretty useful as it will suggest changes we should make on our meta/ website to make our website perform better in Google
    • The Traffic tab will allow you to discover the various keywords for which our website is currently coming up in Google (This feature is mostly inaccurate but can be use for off page strategy)
    Hope this helps :)

seo-first, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  13. swathi_r96

swathi_r96 Peon

Best Answers:
    SERP results are different from one domain to another. Likewise Ranking in .in & .com is two different strategies. So One who needs ranking good in .in(indian domain), can do submissions and promotions in Indian submission sites. If its going to be .com means, the strategy is fully depends on US based websites. So follow and do your submissions according to your domains

swathi_r96, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  14. Alexgw

Alexgw Guest

Best Answers:
    Since you said your company deals with Indian products, results seems fair for you. However, your clients want to get higher ranks in Google.com.

It would be fair your clients website is with .com extension. If their website has .co.in extension, Google always treat this website as a local website and give more priority in Indian searches only. In that case better you convince your clients, it is better rank their website high in Indian results rather than in US/global results because their customers are mainly Indians.

If your website has products targeting global customers, you should try listing your website in US based business directories. Links from International websites would help your site achieve higher ranks in global search.

Webmaster tools help you to find how Google sees your website. You can check the backlink count, important keywords in which your website ranks high etc.

Alexgw, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  15. virha

virha Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for the reply but could you tell me from where i can download it in my browser.Please share the link if you have any with me so that i can download it from there.

virha, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  16. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    GWT is Google Webmaster Tools. You don't download it; it's web based:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

This won't help you rank in US search results. Yes, it has a section for geo-targeting, BUT your site is for India, so don't set it to country specific (considering you're chasing two different markets). I misunderstood you before (for some reason I thought your customer's site is about web hosting). Honestly, getting ranked for US results will really depend upon what keywords and sector you're in. As you didn't give any information on that, I can't really give you specific advice. It's by no means impossible, though, but you have to take into consideration things like: your client's product(s) might fall into a category where Google will favour "local results" (for example, if it's tea then it might show speciality tea shops for the local area of the searcher instead of tea suppliers from around the world). It's all about relevancy so you want recommendations from US sites (for example, reviews, news/blog coverage, etc - you could get that in return for offering a free sample product to a blogger, depending upon the type of product and its value, of course). Again, I can only be vague without knowing your client's industry/products.

ryan_uk, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  17. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice thread,,, lot of new to know about local and global ranking in google... :)

torrado, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  18. ashokaa

ashokaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google.co.in Indian search engine that is the reason this is provide Indian websites result, but google.com is world wide search engine so there are world wide competitors. So we have seen different in ranking.

ashokaa, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  19. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    google.co.in shows result of india while google.com shows result globally.

newlogo, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  20. luxs

luxs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make plenty of links from USA - this will allow you to rank high in USA.

luxs, Dec 11, 2012 IP