1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the difference between YellowPages and Classifieds Script?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by kslokesh, Nov 2, 2012.

Is there any difference between YellowPages and Classifieds?

Is there any simple FREE YellowPages/Classifieds Script which can be operated by single user?
    No need of multiple user accounts/customer sign ups etc...

The script should have option to increase/decrease number of fields and also have a field for Photo...

Also suggest whether there is any script which will allow to search and display the contents of the database...

kslokesh, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  2. sandeepdude

sandeepdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess PHPLD would suit your need....There are other free LD scripts available...

sandeepdude, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  3. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the UK

Yellow Pages = Telephone Directory
    Classifieds = Items for sale or wanted

Either of these can be run using PHPLD and with the new and upcoming PHPLD5 you could run both together on one site with one install of PHPLD.
    PHPLD has the reduce or extra fields function, maps and also image/file uploads which you can turn on or off for different submission types.

You could have free/paid submissions without sign up but for classifieds you would be better sign up so people could alter or remove their ads.

amiman, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  4. Perfectly

Perfectly Member

Best Answers:
    l agree amiman!

Perfectly, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  5. kslokesh

kslokesh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHPLD is a link directory and providing a link is mandatory for the listings...

I want a directory script in which the URL entry is an optional field..

Finally I understood that:

"Yellow Pages" means a directory of either telephone or the address of the business/service provider locations. The term came from the Telephone Directory where
    the business listings were printed on yellow coloured pages...

"Classifieds" means Advertizements or listings of the services or individual items...

kslokesh, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  6. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHPLD gives you the option for url or not in fact you could set it so that free listings do not have a web link included and a featured listing that does.

amiman, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  7. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to write the script from the scratch, your chances of becoming a successful classifieds does increases a lot. Pre-made templates have been used for over thousands of times, phpld has been used way too many times.

freeadstime, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  8. kslokesh

Best Answers:
    I dont know scripting.... I can understand the code but not write the code... I'm a Doctor by profession...

kslokesh, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  9. kslokesh

Best Answers:
    I finally came to the opinion that "Classifieds" means the listings for sale of individual items or service.
    "Yellow Pages" means the Phone and Address listing (or directory) of the Sellers or Service providers.

I must find out which Freeware Yellow Pages scripts are available... Please suggest me...

It must have options to add and customize the fields...

kslokesh, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  10. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't come across any "freeware yellow pages scripts" but if you want an open source classifieds script try osclass.

giorgioarmani, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  11. kslokesh

Best Answers:
    I dont want a classifieds script... I have checked osclass and its really good.. I liked the representation of the MAP theme very much...
    Adding custom fields to the listings is a bit problem in it...

But I want Yellow Pages Script.

kslokesh, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  12. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    imranamen6, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  13. pdldave

pdldave Peon

Best Answers:
    Yellowpage scripts are to be found all over the net, there is one and it is called yellowpagesphpscript... the person who is selling is using the name Freelance.park . be aware of this man. I bought this script and paid by paypal 239 $ , i thought it was a good script and he installed it on my server. Then the problems started: BUGs all over the place, i needed them fixed and there u have to pay the man extra. I was not ammused anymore but i needed this job done so i paid him 50$ extra. From that day on he did not do the work anymore, so at the end i had to go to paypal to get my money back ...well i think we all know that that is a lost game, he tells paypal that i want to steal his script bla bla bla so the money is gone!! then he sended me an email that he lost 39$ because of the claim i made at paypal..hahaha so i went to paypal to ask them if that wa true...ofcourse this was not true so this man was trying to steal an extra 39$ from me. When he found out that i did not want to pay him more he took the site offline , so if u want to see how a script from yellowpagesphpscript looks like : tsjubii dot nl , so be warned about this script and this man....btw he is member here sinds 15th of january so a reaction from him would be nice. If there are persons who like to see how freelance.park is calling he clients...ask me because i can show what words he is using towards a paying client.

pdldave, Feb 10, 2013 IP