1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing Static HTML Site to Wordpress while Maintaining .html Pages Extensions?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by andy.flintoff5, Nov 30, 2012.

Hey everyone,

is there a way to change my static html site, to wordpress based, without risking
    losing seo already gained through various backlinks that point back to my .html
    extensions pages?

In other words, can I change the site to wordpress coding while maintaining the
    .html extension pages? Or maybe I can make my .html pages redirect to the new
    .php pages generated by wordpress?

Thanks in advance.

andy.flintoff5, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In one word - no.

You can't run a WordPRess site on .html pages - WordPress is PHP, and the site won't work if you change the pages to .html. (And the page names will be different anyway.)

You can have a single .html page link to a single WordPress page, but you can't have the site run as a WordPress site using .html pages to link to everything.

And don't even think of using .htaccess to change all .php references to .html - you'll get a site that won't even load.

If you have fantastic ranking, and make tons of money from the site, accept the work of keeping up a .html site. If not, take the seo hit and install WordPress.

Rukbat, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  3. jainteq

jainteq Member

Best Answers:

Hey

How can you convert to static website html page to wordpress site php, in seo point of view it to risk. we have done all seo work in .html page that is a .php page. But you can do one thing dont remove your static website and do one thing, try make a internal links to word press site . At that time you will get back links from static webste to wordpress .php site. This is the only way to do thanks for question.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna

Website Designing Company in India

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    jainteq, Nov 30, 2012 IP
    andy.flintoff5 likes this.
  4. bowodesign

bowodesign Member

Best Answers:
    why dont you just create wp with the same permalink with the old permalink?

bowodesign, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  5. Broland

Broland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    generate a sitemap, 301 each page to the newly created pages and rankings will pass...

Broland, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  6. yachi_5

yachi_5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can change static html site to wordpress maintaing html pages extension. Wordpress allows you to create permalink of each page manually.

yachi_5, Dec 7, 2012 IP