1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way to Monitor Employees Working Frome Home?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tdd1984, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sugandp

sugandp Guest

Best Answers:
    Use this employee monitoring software. Such software automatically records what employees do on a computer during their working time.
    Set up regular virtual meetings, remote employees in regularly scheduled meetings.

sugandp, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. terrencewan

terrencewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Best way to monitor employees from working at home
    is to give out assignments, understand each assignment
    will take up how many time to do it, pass it to them
    and let them know when you need it.
    If they can finish before the finish time, it is a bonus to them,
    if not, then they will have to finish it even if it takes them
    a longer time.

terrencewan, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  3. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best ways to monitor your worker is TRUST . and LOVE .

And how you can do that is with Care and Money .

Work for me .

I reward my worker with a phone and help them pay their phone bill if there do well . and pay for their trip to visit their family during holiday .
    i always create reward system and also is fair , their problem is your problem .

if you solve their problem there will solve yours.

+ you get an extra friend

i find that this way my worker work harder

------------------------------------

i tell my worker when there is no work you can PLAY . you do not need to pretend you are busy .
    i tell my worker if you are tired , go take a short nap .
    if you are bored or stuck . go play a plank on your co-worker
    if you are sad find someone to talk to in the office .
    if you are happy share your joy .
    if you can make nice food don;t forget to bring it to office and share with everyone .

-------------------------------------

most of my worker have no problem and is more then willing to do Over time without any extra salary
    the reason is i always bring them out for a nice dinner when we have overtime .

it work out cheaper then paying them really . and i tell them this without hiding it from them .

my worker is my friends + family

Max Singapore, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  4. Baron Smith

Baron Smith Member

Best Answers:
    WorkTime is good enough to monitor your working people from home.

Baron Smith, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  5. Nathan Burns

Nathan Burns Peon

Best Answers:
    The software that worked best for me is called My Team Monitor. You can sign up for free at their website - google 'myteammonitor' and it should be at the top of the results. After signing up, you can register your employees who install the software on their own computers and switch it on at the beginning of their shift and off at the end. I like the software because it sends me all the data I need to make sure they work all the hours set in their contracts. I can follow how much time the program was switched on, and when they were idle or active during this period. I can also see what they spend their time on, as it sends me screenshots every couple of minutes of the employees' computer screens, and also records the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks they make when they are not idle of off work. I think this information is sufficient to keep your virtual assistants under surveillance, and since they can switch it off after their shift ends, it will not infringe their privacy rights. I hope you'll be as satisfied with it as I obviously am! :)

Nathan Burns, May 21, 2012 IP
  6. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People get around programs you need a real watch on them, think nazi, communist, prison guard, repression. Chain them to a wall let a dog watch them. hell, just kill them now.
    interpolice.jpg

averyz, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  7. Nathan Burns

Nathan Burns Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, from the worker's perspective I see why you think it is unfair, but you have to look at it from the employer's viewpoint. You need cheap labor, you find someone from oversees, you never met him/her, his/her English is not on a mother tongue level, s/he can laze around all day claiming he worked, while actually s/he is doing another job, or whatever. Wouldn't you want to keep your time and money safe by preventing such a dark scenario by keeping a bit of surveillance, only while they are paid for? I think it is fair. Wherever you work offline, someone is always there to check if you are working or not. I think it is reasonable.

Nathan Burns, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  8. GGjonah

GGjonah Member

Best Answers:
    DesktopGate is the best solution for your manager and you as an IT guy. It will save you so much time on many tasks like remote connecting, getting hardware info, monitoring from outside the office, getting computer usage reports, getting past computer usage info... many things are easier with desktopgate

GGjonah, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  9. Nawshale

Nawshale Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of project management software that you can use but some are not cost effective. If your thinking much about your budget, try giving them specific tasks that requires for them a quota to be accomplished in a period of time. This way you can verify their work and if they did not meet their quota, it's for you to decide if you will pay them or not.

Nawshale, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  10. giddeon

giddeon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    giddeon, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  11. avermat

avermat Member

Best Answers:
    avermat, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  12. pointaliasgar

pointaliasgar Peon

Best Answers:
    What I suggest is to have on premise remote support appliance installed such as RHUB appliances. It provides employee monitoring feature in which you can remotely monitor the PC from anywhere while the computer users cannot see and delete the remote session.

pointaliasgar, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  13. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many people around us who are interested in doing a work at their home or we can say that they are interested in home based business which becomes latest trend of market.There are many businesses that can be done at home.

gregortarquin, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  14. timesheet

timesheet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Different people use different methods of employee or freelancer tracking. Some still use paper and pen or excel method of time tracking, in which the advanced is using Google Spreadsheets for time tracking. But now a days many have started using timekeeping software's for time tracking, which just does not do that, but does billing, invoicing and project management too.

timesheet, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  15. indmoss

indmoss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with the comment that you should pay based on results. It seems to me that if you have to monitoring your employees working from home is a waste of time. If it is that much of a concern, just have them come into the office.

indmoss, Jan 8, 2013 IP