1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to promote my product?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Heritage, Sep 4, 2006.

Ok, so 2 years ago I had my business running well using really cheap adwords and referrals form past customers bu the majority came from an affliliate who used bulk email. Business made over $1,000,000 but when bulk email became illegal we stopped marketing it and did something else when it ran out of steam.

Now times have changed alot it seems, there is one big guy that is offering the same deal at a higher price but who really dominates the Google and Yahoo ads. they actually bidding up to $5 a click for a product that sells for $500. I've put money into different advertising venues but no luck.

The product is an alternative education product or non-traditional degree that has worked for about 98% of our past clients. Worked alot on the site with live chat and now Sitepal.

Any ideas??

www.heritageintlonline.org

Heritage, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  2. jc_yusuke

jc_yusuke Peon

Best Answers:
    hi there!
    you can try to write and submit Press Release and Articles for your website regarding the product/services that you offer. In that case, you can catch people's attention and at the same time, receive one way link.
    Do not give up on advertising and stuffs, you can promote your product without spending too much. Check out some free advertising sites. Being engage with different forums related to your site will also help you attract user's attention.

Lots of luck to you and to your business.

jc_yusuke, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  3. Heritage

Heritage Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the advice, I am going to try those ideas.

Heritage, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Focus on all marketing methods. It's much easier for new sites to do well long tail. So use the longer keywords, advertise in forums where your prospects hang out at. do seo (for sure). Write articles to article directories and sites in your niche, newspapers in your niche. Keep doing everything you can

AnaB, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. Leadership Quality

Leadership Quality Peon

Best Answers:
    People often buy products based upon honest reviews…rather than a normal sales pitch, or recommendation. Write informative product reviews and submit in article directories.

Leadership Quality, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  6. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use PPC. It's a lazy method. Once setup, you can make money while you sleep.

g36, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  7. londonlen

londonlen Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd also suggest going with article marketing and writting artticles for blogs in your niche, I'm meaning targetting the biggest blogs in your niche and personally contacting the owners.

londonlen, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  8. pmbrent

pmbrent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since you have such a high success rate that needs to be prevalent in ALL of your marketing materials. In addition, contact your previous clients and ask them for a testimonial or possibly interview them and post that as an success story.

pmbrent, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  9. arazzaq321

arazzaq321 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with jc-yusuke that you can get attention of customers by press releases on high PR press releases sites and write articles on high PR articles directories and create do-follow back links and by these free methods you can get good traffic for you affiliate links.

arazzaq321, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  10. new2dp

new2dp Member

Best Answers:
    try 2nd tiers SEs and media buy, Also funnel all your Paid traffic to a squeeze page/interactive survey offering something high quality but FREE. Get a good autoresponder series written by copywriter, keep on mailing them till they buy or unsubscribe.

initially Cos per lead would look high, once optimized and you know value per subscriber, you can compete with anyone in your niche.

new2dp, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  11. TapashDown2

TapashDown2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Classified Submission is the best way to Promote your Product and another you can Use PPC

PPC is a lazy method but it is the best way to Promote your Product

TapashDown2, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  12. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    PPC is not a lazy method...
    It depends by your niche, and ads must be managed with lot of works (keywords, tracking, clicks, fees, positions,etc.)

tbtoyl, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  13. davidh11

davidh11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO, SEM, SMO, PPC, Email Marketing are few methods.

davidh11, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  14. announceamerica

announceamerica Peon

Best Answers:
    classfied ads and business listening is the best ways to promote the product

announceamerica, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  15. Anastasiya1989

Anastasiya1989 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    [FONT=Liberation Serif, Times New Roman, serif]Build a complex marketing strategy, use SMO and SEO tools, provide your business with a mobile website or a custom mobile application.[/FONT]

Anastasiya1989, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  16. zoritey87

zoritey87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the best way to promote your product my friend is to creating a competition for your product, I'll do it if I needed to promote a product, also you should try creating a twitter account and tweeting about your product, simple but effective! :)
    All the best.

zoritey87, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  17. zoritey87

zoritey87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May I know from where you take that statistic? where did you take statistics from? I saw one thread that said that video testimonials help but the 89% do not watch the video! 0o.
    All the best.

zoritey87, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  18. Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    social networks are the best source for free traffic

Bobby Jones, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  19. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    social media traffic and promotion are one of those ways to promote your products

gusher08, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  20. Kevin619

Kevin619 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The real ways to advertise your business online
    As you can see from the poll results above, not too many people trust advertising! From the biggest of corporations to the smallest of mom and pop shops, word of mouth has the biggest affect on a business. Businesses are relying on different advertising methods that are much more economical and fresh. What are some of the new, effective ways businesses advertise?

Social Bookmarking
    Article Marketing
    Online Directories
    Blogging
    Squidoo
    MySpace/Facebook
    Forums
    Email Marketing
    Email Signatures
    eBay
    Classified Online Ads
    YouTube