1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can we host a new domain in a existing hosting account?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by nextgen4d, Nov 24, 2012.

Hi,

I have a unlimited hosting ftp account and want to host a new website in same account but I am getting a message when I am trying to add on domain in this account which is mentioned below......:(

Using nameservers with the following IPs: xxx.xxx.xxx.x,xxx.xx.xxx.x. Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Please help me!

Thank you in advance

nextgen4d, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  2. PromptSpace-Kushal

PromptSpace-Kushal Member

Best Answers:
    You would first have to point the nameservers of the domain name to your hosting accounts nameserver and then add it as an add-on domain to your account.

PromptSpace-Kushal, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  3. nextgen4d

nextgen4d Peon

Best Answers:

Kushal, I have a question that which domain name's nameserver should i change?

main account' nameserver or new domain's nameserver?

Does I change any name of nameserver or we should consult with service provider?

-------------------
    Seomettle.com

nextgen4d, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  4. PromptSpace-Kushal

PromptSpace-Kushal Member

Best Answers:
    The nameservers for the new domain you are trying to add and you should already have the the nameserver details with you. If you contact your provider.

PromptSpace-Kushal, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  5. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can contact your current domain registrar and ask them to point the nameservers for the domain which you want to add as an addon domain under your new hosting account.Once this has been done you can add the domain as an addon domain under your new hosting account.If you have access of WHM then you can switch On the options "Allow Remote Domains" and "Allow unregistered domains" by login to your WHM >> Tweak Settings.

hostechsupport, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  6. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just get the support from your web host for this issue. They will tell you that what you need to do.

dumindushalika, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also contact your host. There is a setting in cPanel to disable that error, so that you can set up the domain first, then change the nameservers. That's what most people do to avoid downtime.

WSWD, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  8. wetbupa

wetbupa Peon

Best Answers:

I resolve this issue for my clients in the following way. I access the server via ssh , enter /etc/ips.remotedns and add the local ip addresses which are provided by Cpanel in the text of the error.

After adding those ips to the list of remote dns, the domain can be added via Cpanel without any problems.

So you just need to contact support of your hosting provider and ask them to add the ips to /etc/ips.remotedns file on the server. They should do this within a couple of minutes( of course this depends on their response time via email).

wetbupa, Nov 29, 2012 IP