1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help, want to change my website from html to php

Discussion in 'PHP' started by guest3000, Nov 28, 2012.

like my title , my website is html and i want to change it to php , who can help please pm for details

guest3000, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  2. norman grey

norman grey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    there are many websites around that have free php codes like php.net. if you're already proficient with html and css, you'll not have a hard time learning php and converting your site to php.

norman grey, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HTML is not an alternative to PHP. PHP is a server side programming language that outputs data (commonly HTML). If your site is static html based there is no advantage in having PHP output your html code, unless you have a need to perform server side functions or validate data. In that case, go to google.com and search for "php beginners tutorial" to learn how to use php.

NetStar, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HTML and CSS have nothing in common with PHP. That's like comparing a kitchen Spoon and Fork to a Hammer.

NetStar, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  5. guest3000

guest3000 Member

Best Answers:
    yes im looking for php programing, also need mysql too

guest3000, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well slow down... learn how to use php first...then look in to mysql... otherwise you will just confuse your little head

NetStar, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  7. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simple

Just change the extensions of htm/html to php. Then change all the places that link to the htm/html pages to link to the php pages

Of course if you want to add php code you need to edit the (formerly htm/html) pages to include <? and ?> tags to enclose the php code.

If you have a simple web site with only a few pages the above is a good way to start learning php.

You never said why you want to change to php.

If you use a pc, you can setup WAMP (look it up on Google) to run PHP on your pc computer. You can also run mySQL under WAMP as well. Simply copy your web site to your pc and proceed.

Lotsa books and ebooks and online tutorials on php. Start with simple things. It also helps to look at someone elses php code and examples.

A debugger with breakpoints and a full development environment will cost a bit more.

You can also go to phnlanger in the Microsoft .NET environment, but that might be a little overkill.

The real problem is that you might not be familiar with fundamental programming concepts such as loops and variables.

You also did not say the complexity of the problem, time frame or budget.

Otherwise it's just a time consuming hobby. (IMHO the best thing to do is) Outsource the programming and focus on marketing. Money can buy some real smart talent without the mind numbing learning curve of learning to program PHP (been there, done that)

davetrebas, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  8. Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    let me know more details i may be able to help

Bobby Jones, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  9. guest3000

guest3000 Member

Best Answers:
    i try by myself , but nothing...is to hard ... well i need to change because is to hard to add/delete/edit/..etc item/categori/...images ... for each i need to add new page ... alot of time .... that i need to change the code ....im looking for php/mysql programming ... of course i will pay ... just to make the script ... i will tell my website on private.... my website is not very complicated ... so what i need is admin cp

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    guest3000, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  10. pankaj vashisth

pankaj vashisth Peon

Best Answers:
    plz check ur pm

pankaj vashisth, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  11. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe if you first tell us WHY you want to change to PHP? Just changing a static HTML page to PHP is trivial - change the file name to .php and it's a PHP site. If that's all you want, all you've done is make the page load a trifle slower. Instead of the web server sending the HTML page to the user, the PHP interpreter interprets the page, outputs the HTML to the web server, which sends it to the user.

PHP is used if the page is going to change every time a user looks at it (or each time a different user looks at it, or some other reason it changes). Trivially it's used to be able to have a single header file, footer file, menu file, etc., and include them on all your pages.

MySQL? That's either already installed by your hosting company or it's not available to you. (MySQL is a program that runs on the site and provides database access.) Did you mean SQL? That's code that you write. If you want to include database access in your site, you'd use that.

How? First learn computer programming (this is an excellent programming tutorial). PHP and SQL are computer programming languages. Then PHP will be kind of trivial (it's designed to be). SQL? There are tutorial sites all over the web. (Not w3schools - real tutorials that go step by step, explaining WHY you do something before teaching you HOW to do it.)

Rukbat, Nov 30, 2012 IP