1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing help

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012.

I have a list of 35,000+ people who have signed up on my YouTube marketing site, however, a lot of the emails are invalid, so when I send out a newsletter, I get a lot of return emails, I delete those people off of my list, but as new people get added to the list, there are more fake emails to be deleted. Last time I sent out a newsletter (to 32,000 people) there were enough fake emails to get my host, 1&1, a little excited, and they suspended my email accounts until I called them and explained to them what was going on, they said to make sure that it didn't happen again or my email account would be permanently suspended.

How can I send an email to all of theses people (confirming that they want to be on my list), without running the chance of getting my email accounts suspended?

cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  2. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok One way many marketers use is sending them an activation link to their subscribed email address.This way you can get rid of fake email addresses.

shuvo, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    As shuvo said, You need to send a confirmation e-mail first to confirm that they want to receive a weekly, or monthly newsletter or report from you, whatever you want to send them. Once they click on the link on the confirmation e-mail, they get added to your list of subscriber for you to send them a weekly, forthnightly, or monthly, newsletter or report to build your relationship with them. The confirmation e-mail is very important, It makes sure to you that they want to receive information from you using their real e-mail addresses. I suggest you to include a confirmation e-mail message in your auto-responder before you start working with them or sending messages. I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you buy an email sending service such as aweber, in order to import your list you'll have to send them an opt in email, where they receive an email asking them to confirm. You'll get rid of all the fake address but also you'll lose a percentage of people who will not confirm their subscription. But that's ok since they are not people you want to send email to anyway, if they can't be bothered to confirm, they don't deserve anything more from you.

To help a little with the confirmation rates, you can state in your confirmation email that upon confirmation they'll receive a gift such as a free report on youtube marketing, or anything related.

JamesColin, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  5. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is what I am talking about

"How can I send an email to all of theses people (confirming that they want to be on my list), without running the chance of getting my email accounts suspended?"

I can't send out the activation link, because that would involve sending emails to email addresses that might be fake, which might get my account suspended.

Yes! That is what I need, however, how much is it going to cost me to verify 35,000+ emails using this service?

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know that's a tough one, why don't you ask your provider more about it?

ninjamtlt1, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  7. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    They say that if I don't send a confirmation email, then I will get a lot of fake emails, and that if I keep sending emails to fake addresses that they are going to suspend my account... It's like going in a circle with them.

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  8. zoritey87

zoritey87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    make them confirm account.

zoritey87, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  9. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Cfomodz! My friend I strongly recommend a good auto responder such as aweber. This will help you weed

out those fake email addresses as well as keep track of your email lists for you and allow you to mail as many

people as are on your list without that risk.

Kind Regards
    :eek:

tkyles1009, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  10. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Go to aweber, sign up, the first month is $1 I believe. Then import your list, and you'll see how many of those 35,000+ emails actually confirm.
    This process is free.
    After the price of aweber depends on the number of email addresses are subscribed and confirmed. You can check their rates, of course it is always too expensive compared to free, but then it is a motivation to make that list earn you money.

JamesColin, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  11. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, great, thanks. I will sign up and try them out.

cfomodz, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  12. korni

korni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Aweber is the way to go. They are simply the best email marketing company at the moment. Their prices might by a little above the average but I can guarantee you it is worth it.

korni, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  13. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude you need Aweber... 35k list you should be able to make at least $200 a month to cover costs...

Don't be cheap with your business

DennisKnows, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  14. digitalrock

digitalrock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when some one subscribe to your list then send him a email with link of confirmation wit this you can get ride of this problem ........................

digitalrock, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  15. rbates

rbates Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is not going in circles. "If you don't send confirmation." What they are telling you is that by using the confirmation email,
    you will NOT be having these problems. The confirmation emails were started in order to reduce spam and email "Mis-Behavior".

As far as the cost, if your list is as large as you say, then you should not have any problems monetizing it, and should get back
    any money that you invest in an email service - and then some.

rbates, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. SD12

SD12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, always do confirmed optins and won't have this problem.

SD12, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  17. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, you guys are clearly not listening, the problem is that I Can't send the email confirmation emails to everyone, because I would be sending emails (the email confirmation email) to some fake addresses. That is why I need a 3rd party to send the confirmation emails, but I don't want to have to pay, but I guess I will have to.

Signed up for the service that all of you guys were telling me about...
    "Error
    - You may only import 2000 leads per day. You are currently trying to import 36360 leads. You have already imported 0 leads today and may only import 2000 more leads."
    So it's going to take me 19 days just to import the leads that I already have, so I am looking at 20 days before I can even start sending mailings to my leads, meaning a month wasted... That is kind of a shame.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    cfomodz, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  18. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    "No leads were added.
    Reason: Please provide more information about the sign up of these subscribers. How have these subscribers been obtained? How have they requested your information? If they were obtained online, please specify the URL where they signed up. Once you have this additional information, please return to the import page, and resubmit your import with the new opt-in source."
    I did add the source... This is just getting better and better.

cfomodz, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  19. spiderso

spiderso Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    confirmed options are better always

spiderso, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  20. GrVitaly

GrVitaly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi cfomodz

Well, there is no way to eliminate the risk completely, you will always run the risk of your account being banned or suspended. It of course depends on the provider itself, different providers have different limits. For example if you go to amazon SES, they have hard limit of 5%, meaning if you go over 5% bad email bounces or complains, they will just close your account without any questions. Others might be more lenient but still they also have hard limits and they have to take into consideration that this is software we are talking about. They have thousands of customers, thousands of emails sent everyday and they have automated software that gives them an alert. So there is always some kind of hard limit on the amount of bounces. I would highly recommend to use some kind of a dedicated software to manage the bounces. Software like advanced emailer for example. You can install it and send using that tool. And then process all the bounces immediately and delete them from your list once and for all. But it depends on your offer and how you collect those emails. Just in general, bounces will be high when you don't confirm their emails right away. But the best way to prevent it from happening is if you give something in return for the email. For example you promise to send them something, and that is very important. Send them an e-book or a little software or an app for the iphone. Something like that, a small token of appreciation and send them to their email. That's way, they have to give a valid email in order to receive this thing. If you don't send them anything at all, they can put any email in the box and nothing is to prevent them from putting a fake email.

GrVitaly, Dec 4, 2012 IP