1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a homepage that gets people to buy your product?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012.

I have an eCommerce site, YouTube-Promos, that sells YouTube promotions, and I am just not getting the amount of purchases that I would expect for the amount of traffic that I am getting, I am getting a high bounce rate before people even get into the site.

How do you make a homepage that gets people who end up at your site to stay and take a look around? I have included items on my home page with add to cart buttons, which I was told long ago would help get sales, but those items are only purchased 10% more frequently than any other product, what am I doing wrong?

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  2. daneenmoreland

daneenmoreland Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are open to it, I would try to add a sign up form for an email list or newsletter on your homepage. If you have an ebook, video, some helpful tips, a report, etc related to your website, you can any of these as a FREE incentive for people to sign up for your email list.

You can see what I mean here - http://Daneenco.com

I am suggesting this because a lot of online business owners seem to at least double their sales by having an email list. It seems the majority of their sales result from the emails that are sent out, and not necessarily from the website it. Hope that helps, good luck!:)

daneenmoreland, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  3. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for that great idea, I am defiantly going to do that. Do you have any suggestions on how to implement that (as in the code / backend needed to do something like that)?

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  4. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried showing testimonials?

Karen May Jones, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  5. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't really have any, I mean, I guess I could buy some, or fake some(but I don't really want to do that), but people don't really leave testimonials.

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  6. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Change your shop design ? Some design sell better.

buythiscomputer, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  7. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    cfomodz, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  8. Website Designer Antonia

Website Designer Antonia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I think the best way to get visitors interested is telling them some interesting unique things. Maybe something that they are surprised to read and something that will make them want to stay for a while.

9. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    What are the keywords people are using to find your site? You need to look at your server traffic, or use Google's WEBMASTER TOOLS so you can track your visitors.
    You need to understand first if the "right" visitors are showing up on your site -- else your 'bounce' rate will be high (as people aren't seeing what they expected).

gotlivechat, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  10. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    I do not need a new website.

cfomodz, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  11. sbrettoncm

sbrettoncm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think your descriptions are not attractive enough to actually grab the attention of the visitors. Use some design that goes with the exisiting mood like for now, festive designs. You can also give festive offers, etc to go with the festive season. You can also have the biggest selling items on the home page so that visitors know about it and are tempted to try it.
    Try it and do let me know if it has helped.

sbrettoncm, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  12. kroyal

kroyal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is problem of trust and quality content. Let me explain you some point to notice

1. Check you have a valid phone number on your site.
    2. You have contact us page on your site.
    3. valid physical addresses on your sites.
    4. You good quality product image on your site.
    5. You have proper product detail or desription in your site.
    6. You have terms and condition and privacy policy on your site.
    7. You should check that you don't block GoogleBot in Robots.txt
    8. You have proper site design and navigation. etc

kroyal, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you are not selling a product, but you are selling a service. That you would even classify your site as selling a product shows a lack of focus or understanding of your market. You need to emulate others selling a service not be asking for help selling a product. They are two vastly different markets.

You mention on your site that you have already promoted 12784 videos. Really? Sounds like bullshit, especially with no testimonials ... or if not bs, then unhappy customers. In other words your sales page just does not ring true.

p.s. Your link to your own website has a typo.

browntwn, Nov 27, 2012 IP