1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impression and ranking in Google webmaster tools

Discussion in 'Google' started by madtteam28, Nov 10, 2012.

Hello webmasters. I need expert advice.

Now days, Google had done many changes in it's algorithm for different criteria. First, Penguin update then Panda update and after that EMD update and recently updated page rank. I want your help to solve the issue occurred on my site.

After EMD update, I saw in the Google webmaster tools that the impressions for all keywords of my site has done down as well as ranking for most of all keywords are also gone down. How can I improve the impression in Google webmaster tools and SERP as well?

madtteam28, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    The impressions in Google Webmaster Tools are based on the real fact impressions that you get on your website. So the correct question would be how to improve impressions of your website. The answer is simple you just need to make your main keywords, i am talking about the biggest high impression ones, to rank on first page. For this you will need to do web marketing and advertising. The first program that may help you fast and quite cheap would be Google Adwords.

imfusa, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  3. guttin

guttin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How can I improve the impression in Google webmaster tools and SERP :
    If you receive impressions and if your ctr is low, you should improve your titles (seo copwyriting)

guttin, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  4. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to be sure of which algo update caused your loss of keyword visibility, there's been further updates since the EMD release see http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change - hope this gives you some further guidance.

WPOSolutions, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  5. imworld

imworld Peon

Best Answers:
    First thing to notice is this that Google webmasters tool is giving you the accurate data as you said that you SERP is going down. Now this actually is an SEO issue. Check your backlinks in Google Webmasters tools maybe google has deindexed your backlinks thats why your SERP is going down. If thats the case., check your prefered URL setting in google webmaster tools, recently google has changed the URL of website in Search results like if your website was www(.domain).com and now your website is domain.com then you need to change preferred Domain URL setting. Like you build all your backlinks for the url with www and now google considering your main url without www thats that matter. You can also use 301 redirect for this.
    I hope it will help

imworld, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  6. madtteam28

madtteam28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WPO, I have checked and my ranking and impression has gone down after EMD update. And, many, almost all keywords are gone behind for 100,200. I have not selected any prefered URL in Google webmaster tools. Please send some more expert advice to get my website on track. You can check my website from my profile page.

madtteam28, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  7. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Now they have emphasize on EMD very heavily

nufox, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Drop your SERP and that cause you get less impression.
    Usually EDM is punish on those site that over optimize the keywords by using domain and the site are not quality enough or not related with the keyword you user in your domain name.

I believe thing come to increase your SERP back is change your onsite content and make it more quality and unique to prove Google that your site is all related with the keywords but make sure keywords density is below 3%.

When make backlink to the site try to use phrase keywords rather than exact match .

JerrickYeoh, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  9. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    Focus on your on-page and off-page SEO.

nufox, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  10. madtteam28

madtteam28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right Nufox but can you tell me how can I do on-site seo that will give me better result, if you are able to do so...

madtteam28, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  11. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by impression of website? Please explain.

ashleyjohn2347, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  12. madtteam28

madtteam28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In Google webmaster tools, there has been an option of impression in search result sub menu. It indicates the impression of website keywords in the eye of Google. It shows the search result impression for particular keyword. Give me some idea to come out from this issue of my website.

madtteam28, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  13. madtteam28

madtteam28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No SEO expert is there to answer my question properly? I have lost my site traffic and ranking both. That's why, I am here.

madtteam28, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  14. hexcalibur

hexcalibur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right because some of my sites got hit when the EMD update happened.

hexcalibur, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  15. madtteam28

madtteam28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok. Now I got it Nufox. But please tell me how can I get recovery from this EMD update? My website is on Mobile apps. If possible then please check my website and provide me some EMD update recovery related solution. So that I can get my site ranking and traffic back.

madtteam28, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. jackkavin

jackkavin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think if your impression are down your keyword ranking are down google new algorithm EMD kills exact match domain keyword if your domain is proper keyword then google EMD algorithm pick your site and your ranking are down but google algorithm EMD only 2 % effected website i think you need to make a good quality and strong content based site i hope google ranked your keyword again nice job keep it up

jackkavin, Nov 26, 2012 IP